Author Topic: Tucker Carlson Slams Media Matters: I'll Never Bow To The Mob, Left's Goal Is "Controlling What You  (Read 848 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Tucker Carlson Slams Media Matters: I'll Never Bow To The Mob, Left's Goal Is "Controlling What You Think"
Real Clear Politics, Mar 11, 2019, Ian Schwartz

FOX News host Tucker Carlson responded to audio Media Matters posted of "numerous misogynistic and perverted comments" he made in interviews 10 to 13 years ago. Carlson said he would never "bow down" to the liberal "mob" and denounced modern progressives as the "new Puritans" in the opening monologue on the Monday broadcast of his program. (Media Matters called the audio "unearthed," but the interviews have always been available on the internet.)

Carlson said the criticisms aren't sincere and liberals are just pretending to be shocked. He said, "The left’s main goal, in case you haven’t noticed, is controlling what you think. In order to do that, they have to control the information you receive."

TUCKER CARLSON: As anyone who’s ever been caught in its gears can tell you, the great American outrage machine is a remarkable thing. One minute you’re having dinner with your family, imagining that everything is fine. The next, your phone is exploding with calls from reporters. They read you snippets from a press release written by Democratic Party operatives. They demand to know how you could possibly have said something so awful and offensive. “Do you have a statement on how immoral you are?” It’s a bewildering moment, especially when the quotes in question are more than a decade old.

[...]

Read More:  https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/03/11/tucker_carlson_slams_media_matters_ill_never_bow_to_the_mob_lefts_goal_is_controlling_what_you_think.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

A transcript of Tucker's full response is included at the link above.   Here's the video.   

Pretty amazing.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vxwSbNkhsM

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Tucker has every right to stand his ground...especially since Media Matters lost their tongues when it comes to comments made by Joy Reid...the race baiting of Al Sharpton and the sleazy past of Jeffery Toobin.

Maybe at some point Media Matters or Fox hater Brian Stelter will do investigations into the prison rape jokes made about Roger Stone on Chris Cuomo's show.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 02:33:00 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I thought he did respond very well.  No discussing the specifics, no groveling.  Let's see how this works with the media.

I still haven't seen what he said in context.  I've seen bits and pieces, but I still don't have a clear understanding as to what he said was particularly bad or not.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I thought he did respond very well.  No discussing the specifics, no groveling.  Let's see how this works with the media.

I still haven't seen what he said in context.  I've seen bits and pieces, but I still don't have a clear understanding as to what he said was particularly bad or not.

@Sanguine as long as the left and hack sites like Media Matters have the audio...you'll never hear it in context.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine as long as the left and hack sites like Media Matters have the audio...you'll never hear it in context.

I found it!  I had to go to Media Matters to get it.  https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2019/03/11/unearthed-audio-shows-tucker-carlson-using-white-nationalist-rhetoric-and-making-racist-remarks/223105

I won't give my opinion just yet.  Let others read it.

Offline skeeter

I found it!  I had to go to Media Matters to get it.  https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2019/03/11/unearthed-audio-shows-tucker-carlson-using-white-nationalist-rhetoric-and-making-racist-remarks/223105

I read about two thirds of the transcript. Simply sounds like Carlson changed his tone to match the edgy format. Big deal.

Using the word "monkeys" was ill advised, I'll grant you.

Offline libertybele

I believe also that what he stated was 13 years ago!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Millee

I don't care what he said 13-years ago on MSNBC.  Just don't care.   333cleo

Offline libertybele

Bubba the Love Sponge and people are taking this seriously??  Wow.  I read the highlighted sentences ... can't say I necessarily agree with everything that Tucker states, but are we to take what he said on Bubba the Love Sponge seriously, 13 years ago?

Isn't Bubba supposed to be a shock jock much like Stern?? 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Bubba the Love Sponge and people are taking this seriously??  Wow.  I read the highlighted sentences ... can't say I necessarily agree with everything that Tucker states, but are we to take what he said on Bubba the Love Sponge seriously, 13 years ago?

Isn't Bubba supposed to be a shock jock much like Stern??
Bubba makes Stern look highbrow.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The good news is that if Carlson can ride this out and Fox stands strong, Carlson is somewhat inoculated against future attacks, much like Hannity.

Offline verga

The man is entitled to his opinion, just like everyone else. I 'd like to see transcripts of some of the conversations from LBJ, Robert Byrd, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Anthony Weiner... the list goes on.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

The good news is that if Carlson can ride this out and Fox stands strong, Carlson is somewhat inoculated against future attacks, much like Hannity.
Your lips to God's ears.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.