Author Topic: Dems Not Happy This (Very Young) Trump Judicial Nominee Was Just Confirmed to Fourth Circuit  (Read 400 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems Not Happy This (Very Young) Trump Judicial Nominee Was Just Confirmed to Fourth Circuit
Cortney O'Brien

|
Posted: Mar 07, 2019 10:00 AM

At 36 years old, Allison Jones Rushing became one of the youngest individuals to serve as an appeals court judge this week, meaning she could spend decades there. The Trump nominee was confirmed to a seat on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit in Richmond, VA by a vote of 53-44.

It's quite a feat - but not one Democrats are celebrating. Several top lawmakers and Trump critics are wondering whether or not Rushing has enough experience to serve on such an important court. Rushing clerked for both then-Judge Neil Gorsuch on the Tenth Circuit from 2007-2008 and Supreme Justice Clarence Thomas from 2010-2011. She became a partner at the law firm Williams & Connolly in 2017.

Senator Dick Durbin
✔
@SenatorDurbin

Republicans just advanced the judicial nomination of 36 year-old Allison Jones Rushing for the 4th Circuit (NC). She has practiced law for just 9 years, only tried 4 cases to verdict or judgment in her career (none as lead counsel), and isn’t even a member of the NC bar.
5:27 PM - Mar 4, 2019

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2019/03/07/another-very-young-trump-judicial-nominee-confirmed-to-fourth-circuit-n2542678
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Generally when little Dick Durban is unhappy about something I'm very happy about it!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 06:13:32 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Bigun....agree completely!   Durbin is a sanctimonious tool on his best day.  I despise people like him, and yes, he is on the opposite side of every issue from my beliefs.  So, he is a perfect barometer of what is right when he is on the opposite side.