Author Topic: MD: Has gun control made Baltimore safer? Data analyst says ‘No’  (Read 836 times)

Offline mountaineer

Has gun control made Baltimore safer? Data analyst says ‘No’
By Brian Bissett · March 7, 2019
My name is Brian Bissett.  I reside in Howard County, Maryland, and I am the author of two peer-reviewed books on Data Analysis. I am writing today OPPOSING the following bills which are currently being considered by the Maryland State Legislature.

HB92, HB95, HB96, HB523, HB612, HB1343, SB8, SB113, SB346, SB737,  AND SB1000.

All of these proposed laws will enjoin honest citizens from freely exercising their right to utilize firearms for lawful purposes in various ways by actions such as requiring an expensive license to purchase a long gun, prohibiting possession of certain common firearms, and eliminating any civilian oversight of State Police decisions pertaining to handgun permits.

My opposition to additional gun control legislation is not an emotional reaction but is rather based on a careful analysis of Baltimore City crime compared to its sister cities in terms of population, wealth and proximity. I have also analyzed firearms crime in Baltimore City both before and after the implementation of the Firearms Safety Act of 2013. ...

Shootings were TRENDING DOWNWARD and Population loss was leveling off in Baltimore City prior to the Passage of the FIREARMS SAFETY ACT OF 2013, which was pushed for by Governor O’Malley.

In 2015, DEATHS by SHOOTINGS in Baltimore City roughly doubled and have not fallen since. Baltimore has on average 275 to 300 people shot to death each year, up from about 150 to 175 prior to the passage of the FIREARMS SAFETY ACT OF 2013. Population flight from the City of Baltimore has also resumed as people are fleeing from the sharp increase in violence permeating every area of Baltimore City. ...
Read the whole thing here - lots of stats and graphs
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org