Author Topic: Lou Dobbs: Trump White House has 'lost its way'  (Read 1030 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lou Dobbs: Trump White House has 'lost its way'
« on: March 07, 2019, 03:02:20 pm »
Lou Dobbs: Trump White House has 'lost its way'
By Avery Anapol - 03/07/19 08:32 AM EST

Fox Business host Lou Dobbs, normally a staunch supporter of President Trump, on Wednesday said he fears the administration has “lost its way.”

Dobbs made the comments on his show following a White House meeting of Trump’s American Workforce Policy Advisory Board.

Dobbs called the meeting, which included CEOs like Apple’s Tim Cook, shows the Trump White House taking a “disastrous policy turn.”

“What I fear is a new direction for the president and his administration and what could very likely be a catastrophe for the working men and women, small business and entrepreneurs, our middle class, the American family, the very people this president has represented from the moment he announced he would run for the presidency.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/432993-lou-dobbs-trump-white-house-has-lost-its-way
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Lou Dobbs: Trump White House has 'lost its way'
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 03:06:27 pm »
I saw him talking about this last night.  He has a point, and I'm just happy only 7 CEOs participated.  The lack of interest might be what saves Trump from himself.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 03:09:01 pm »
The very concept of a government-run [Soviet] "Workforce Training Central Planning Board" is, of course, anathema to the free society and ought to be an insult to free men everywhere.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 03:11:41 pm »
I saw him talking about this last night.  He has a point, and I'm just happy only 7 CEOs participated.  The lack of interest might be what saves Trump from himself.

IMO alot of what Trump has begun doing in general has to do with his upcoming impeachment. Since the Mueller thing will no longer be around to keep him in check the Uniparty has decided to use blunt force to see he does the 'right thing' from now on.

Thanks to the likes of Mulkowski, Collins & Gardner he's hanging by a thread in the senate as it is.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 03:16:02 pm by skeeter »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 03:26:14 pm »
IMO alot of what Trump has begun doing in general has to do with his upcoming impeachment. Since the Mueller thing will no longer be around to keep him in check the Uniparty has decided to use blunt force to see he does the 'right thing' from now on.

Thanks to the likes of Mulkowski, Collins & Gardner he's hanging by a thread in the senate as it is.

How convenient, blame others for Trump's own mistakes. Buck stops with him, and no one else.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 03:31:27 pm »
How convenient, blame others for Trump's own mistakes. Buck stops with him, and no one else.

Just observing whats going on and exercising a little critical thinking. You can choose to do otherwise.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 03:35:13 pm »
The very concept of a government-run [Soviet] "Workforce Training Central Planning Board" is, of course, anathema to the free society and ought to be an insult to free men everywhere.

Federal occupational licenses are right around the corner.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 03:36:57 pm »
Just observing whats going on and exercising a little critical thinking. You can choose to do otherwise.

IMO, there has been a remarkable lack of critical thinking on the part of Trump supporters. As long as he continues to Tweet, all is well with the Trump brigades.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 04:27:41 pm »
Dobbs does well here, I commend him. Doesn't it seem like often, some idea is floated out there by the Administration, then, there is often blow back and then, the Admin doesn't do it.

It is like outer influences on the Admin, Trump basically ran with the idea of an immediate withdrawal from Syria, this was Sen. Rand Paulish but now, there's largely been a walk back on that, about a 50% compromise. I don't think Rand would be as smug as prior.

It seems to often happen. The idea is thrown out there, picked apart and then, renovated or maybe even dropped. We can hope for the same thing here.

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 04:27:53 pm »
How can you 'lose your way' when you have no core principles to begin with?
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 04:38:12 pm »
Dobbs does well here, I commend him. Doesn't it seem like often, some idea is floated out there by the Administration, then, there is often blow back and then, the Admin doesn't do it.

It is like outer influences on the Admin, Trump basically ran with the idea of an immediate withdrawal from Syria, this was Sen. Rand Paulish but now, there's largely been a walk back on that, about a 50% compromise. I don't think Rand would be as smug as prior.

It seems to often happen. The idea is thrown out there, picked apart and then, renovated or maybe even dropped. We can hope for the same thing here.

Yes, 20 years ago, we used to mock the president for governing by focus group and trial balloon.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 04:40:32 pm »

Yes, 20 years ago, we used to mock the president for governing by focus group and trial balloon.

Heck, just 3.5 years ago we did.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2019, 04:52:43 pm »

Right. Lets see what happens to Trump's emergency wall declaration.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 05:14:04 pm »
Right. Lets see what happens to Trump's emergency wall declaration.

Biggest slow motion trial balloon, ever. He sent his ‘Build wall through M!’ tweet a year ago and reintroduced it, prior to the shutdown. It only took him another 2 months, after that, to finally declare an ‘emergency,’ after getting so much heat from the base.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2019, 05:16:18 pm »
Trump is a phony.  This from a loyalist.  But Dobbs is right, he is disgusted with Trump because he is definitely breaking promises made that will cost him the election.

The ONLY promise I know he made for Day 1 of his presidency was the elimination of the H1-b Visa Program.  And it appears he is expanding the program.  If he does this, he loses my vote, and as many as I can convince otherwise.  He is appearing to be a swamp puppet more each day.

Dobbs is right on the money.  I am beginning to believe that the WALL was merely empty rhetoric, and what is happening is the minimalistic actions necessary to placate the masses.

I will not waiver on this issue.  No end to H1-b Visa Program, no vote for Trump.  It is that simple.  This one aw-sh*t will cost my vote. 

Offline Absalom

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2019, 06:00:06 pm »
As Dobbs ages, his irritability increases daily.
If he was expecting a clone of Jefferson,
Madison or Rutledge in Trump; he should wake up.
Whatever Trump has achieved is the consequence
of the quality of his opposition and emphatically
not due to his own attitudes and behaviors.