State Chapters > State Politics/Government

These Married Cousins Are Trying To Change Utah Laws To Recognize Their Union

(1/2) > >>

jmyrlefuller:
https://rare.us/rare-life/rare-love/first-cousins-marry-in-colorado/

by Silke Jasso
March 6, 2019

Finding the right person to spend the rest of your life is hard. Everyone knows that. They say you have to kiss a few handfuls of frogs to find your match, ultimately finding them one way or another. Sometimes it’s a new person you meet, sometimes it’s a childhood friend who you grow up with and end up falling love throughout time. If so…then congratulations, you both have a strong bond. Like Michael and Angie, who met when they were children…because they are cousins.

Yes, the first cousin from Utah tied the knot in Colorado, and say they have loved each other since childhood. Seriously. Turns out the couple is fighting for their right to get married in their home state, saying love shouldn’t be limited to them because their parents are siblings.

Although Michael and Angie are married in Colorado they aren’t considered husband and wife in their home state of Utah because they are cousins.

(excerpt)

Restored:
My in-laws were first cousins. It's not that unusual up here.

verga:
Paddle faster I hear banjos.

GtHawk:

--- Quote from: Restored on March 07, 2019, 02:23:22 pm ---My in-laws were first cousins. It's not that unusual up here.

--- End quote ---
My wife's niece married her first cousin, but they never planned or wanted children because she said she had married one, so no harm no foul to the gene pool unlike Royals or Einstein, Poe, H.G. Wells, Darwin, Jerry Lee Lewis, Jesse James.................

QueenCatofAragon:
I hope a tubal or a vasectomy is next for these...people.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version