Author Topic: Trump calls for more immigration  (Read 5624 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump calls for more immigration
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2019, 04:20:24 am »
If you think I believe we should accept Muslim terrorist as immigrants let me dissuade of that notion right now.  I only applaud immigration by qualified candidates and think it might be a good idea to fill the job vacuum with legal workers instead of illegal border jumpers.  It is my belief that if illegal workers could not find employment here...that would be good.

IMHO, there was a point in time that, that scenario might have worked.  'They' are overwhelmed at the border and the illegal invasion is spiraling out of control; meaning they can't keep up with apprehensions, deportations, tracking and asylum.  So, who knows how many Muslim terrorists are making it through?  I  have lived in this area for nearly 30 years.  I went to the park with my grandson 3 weeks ago and I was absolutely taken by surprise; at least a dozen of the picnic areas were occupied with families of those of Arab descent.  Citizens?  Who knows?? I visit this park frequently and things have changed very quickly and very dramatically.  Perhaps just visiting?  Somehow I doubt it.  I got the feeling that they wanted their presence very known.  I've began to notice a few Arab businesses popping up.  I did a google search for Mosques in the area ... we have several.  So, the point I am making, unless we get our borders closed ... the "qualified" legal people that you are talking about I'm not sure is happening, but the increase in the Muslim population is well underway.  No, not saying they are terrorists ... but the ties and connections are possibilities.  No?

Closing the border completely and declaring a moratorium on ALL migration into this country is our only hope. Without a complete barrier, that is going to be extremely difficult.  IF (and I am very doubtful) we are able to get things under control, limited LEGAL immigration would be in order.  It is absolutely crucial and imperative that we take care of the rapidly increasing ILLEGAL invasion first.  If we don't we lose our country.  We will be another Germany...Merkel needed workers as well.  It sure as heck didn't work out for her.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2019, 04:22:22 am »
   @libertybele I regret to inform you that it was my TX Sen. Kay Bailey (whom Cruz replaced) that put the golden stake into the Secure Fence Act funding, striped what little was funded for Education. 
   Evil Woman and the guy she replaced Bob Krueger, hometown boy, was much worse. 
  I just cannot possibly believe at this point that anyone in DC, including the Administration, is serious about Immigration Reform, of any kind, whether it be legal or illegal and that has been going on way before Trump got there, he just shamelessly promoted it as a Campaign issue and is getting his butt bit.

It sure seems that way.  We are fast approaching a reality check.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2019, 04:34:23 am »
Closing the border completely and declaring a moratorium on ALL migration into this country is our only hope.

Good luck with that.  I'm still going to work tomorrow in case all is not lost.

Offline corbe

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2019, 04:43:08 am »
    Are you an Immigration Lawyer @Once-Ler not that it makes any difference cause you lost me at Lawyer, but it would clear up a few misconceptions.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2019, 05:11:56 am »
President Trump said Wednesday he wants more immigration because U.S. companies need more workers.

What he really means that they need more Cheap Workers. How often have we heard of workers that have been tasked with training their H-1B Cheap replacement workers before they are laid off. There is Not a shortage of workers. There is a shortage of workers that will lower themselves to working for Slave Wages.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2019, 06:35:27 am »
The amount of LEGAL immigration is already too high. The border too porous, the system too lax on how we process illegals, and the stinging laws too few on employers that hire illegals. 
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2019, 02:43:10 pm »
This is crazy talk.  We don't need more immigration.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2019, 03:29:45 pm »
What he really means that they need more Cheap Workers. How often have we heard of workers that have been tasked with training their H-1B Cheap replacement workers before they are laid off. There is Not a shortage of workers. There is a shortage of workers that will lower themselves to working for Slave Wages.

Why I cannot support Trump.  Its all been a sham on American workers, and citizens.  That we must give welfare to corporations so that they can hire cheap labor over Americans.  I can see filling farm labor (produce) with H1-b labor.  But they continue to raise the number for the H1,2 B programs rapidly, and they only serve to undermine American workers.  They were meant to supply labor only for the jobs which Americans could not fill.  Grossly corrupted program. 

These companies prefer to hire foreign because the taxpayer picks up the tab for social benefits.  It is corporate welfare plain and simple.  So we don't stop illegal immigration and then we call for more legal immigration on top of it.  Raise HB levels and expect Americans to pay what corporations refuse to pay for their workers. 

For one thing the government should require all people offered health insurance through the employer to take it.  Right now the employer allows people to suck off the state even though they are provided insurance through the company.  The state pays everything so why would they want to pay deductible and portions of what is not covered.  Then there are the companies that don't provide anything.  Americans provide it for them to undermine us with foreign labor.  Now we even pay for migrant women and men to take family leave while they are here.  We need to change the laws that force Americans to support immigrants.  That reward corporations with welfare for hiring illegal or Visa foreign workers.

Trump is so wrong.  Illegal immigrants are pouring into the country.  That is plenty more cheap labor and burden to the American citizens then we need for a very long time.

Social benefits need to stop for foreign workers period.  If Asylum is granted then perhaps for a short period and then they provide for themselves.  Period.  People should not have open ended social benefits.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 03:34:48 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2019, 03:32:35 pm »
This is crazy talk.  We don't need more immigration.

Absolutely.  ALL immigration into this country needs to end, including asylum, until we can secure our borders, find out who is here and reform immigration policies.  Once under control, then perhaps a closely monitored quota system, allowing so many qualified people from various countries to entry this country legally could be implemented.

Otherwise we will continue to have one crisis and one caravan after another at our borders.  What we are doing and what we've done in the past isn't working.

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2019, 03:34:43 pm »
Stop paying able-bodied people to just sit on their ass and you'll find plenty of available workers.
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline libertybele

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2019, 03:44:48 pm »
Stop paying able-bodied people to just sit on their ass and you'll find plenty of available workers.

I believe his intent at this point in time is to flood this country with legal immigrants who he feels will contribute to making America great.  What he is missing I believe is the fact that those already here don't want to assimilate and want to remain a hyphenated American.  Why would he expect those coming in legally would be any different?  Those hyphenated Americans in Congress are a prime example of those not willing to assimilate fully to America.  That IS a huge problem.  One that will only hasten the demise of this Republic that is already on the brink.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2019, 08:32:58 pm »
   Yea, @Chosen Daughter but he had no choice, he was 'running a business'.
   I'd bet he wrote off that weekend in LA w Stormy as a business expense.

Some of us NT'ers empathize with her.

More deceitful LEFT propaganda. STORMY was extorting money from someone famous. She was sued by TRUMP..and LOST...NOW SHE HAS TO PAY TRUMP..ABOUT 300 THOUSAND DOLLARS for her extortion.  Why do NT'S always want to believe SMUT?  You thrive on it.  No proof, it just has to be said and YOU believe it.  NO DISCERNMENT. NO CRITICAL THINKING. You love to wallow in dirt.   :2popcorn:

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2019, 02:32:55 am »
    Are you an Immigration Lawyer @Once-Ler not that it makes any difference cause you lost me at Lawyer, but it would clear up a few misconceptions.
@corbe
No but I have seen My Cousin Vinny over a dozen times.

Immigration is an issue I have had to deal with over many years.  My great grandparents on both sides immigrated from Poland in the early 1900s.  My wife has duel citizenship with England.  My sister-in-law married a Dutch man and worked in businesses both here and in the Netherlands.  My children have gone to schools and befriended anchor babies.  I've worked as a manager or supervisor in automotive, janitorial, and fast food...lots of illegals in those businesses...some of them I call friends.

I've seen how difficult just getting a work visa can be through my in-laws.  I've seen my children say goodbye to friends deported.  I've worked side by side with illegals who just want to provide a stable home for their family, and they don't look like the welfare and job sucking infectious gangbangers Mark Levin warns me about.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 02:43:13 am by Once-Ler »

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2019, 02:42:38 am »
To quote the President of the United States Donald J. Trump "bu11sh1t."

Unemployment is below 5%.  Anybody who wants a job can find a job.  The unemployed today are antisocial and mental rejects.  Some are drug addicted, some have violent criminal records, and other are to lazy to show up.  Bring on the hard working immigrants who don't steal or threaten customers.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 02:44:12 am by Once-Ler »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2019, 03:11:26 am »
Speaking in terms of a game of Chess.
The best move Trump could make at this point, is to come out FULL FORWARD in favor of the AOC Green New Deal.
Democrats hate it, ergo, Trump should embrace it.

Trump knows more than I ever will about playing politics. He knows that I am right.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 03:40:33 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2019, 03:14:47 am »
Trump know more than I ever will about playing politics. He knows that I am right.
@240B
I have no comment...I just wanted to repeat your post.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2019, 03:25:18 am »
@corbe
No but I have seen My Cousin Vinny over a dozen times.

Immigration is an issue I have had to deal with over many years.  My great grandparents on both sides immigrated from Poland in the early 1900s.  My wife has duel citizenship with England.  My sister-in-law married a Dutch man and worked in businesses both here and in the Netherlands.  My children have gone to schools and befriended anchor babies.  I've worked as a manager or supervisor in automotive, janitorial, and fast food...lots of illegals in those businesses...some of them I call friends.

I've seen how difficult just getting a work visa can be through my in-laws.  I've seen my children say goodbye to friends deported.  I've worked side by side with illegals who just want to provide a stable home for their family, and they don't look like the welfare and job sucking infectious gangbangers Mark Levin warns me about.

Oh, stop I can't handle it. 

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2019, 03:33:45 am »
Oh, stop I can't handle it. 
It's weird how not panicked I am about immigration huh?

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2019, 03:36:55 am »
@240B
I have no comment...I just wanted to repeat your post.
Look man, the 'Old Boys' Democrats are all multimillionaire status-quo people. They hate change. They hate progress. The worst thing that Trump could do to them is to show them that 'change' is inevitable.

All he has to do is to be 'different' and unpredictable. HARUMPH...HARUMPH...I say old boy, I think this new commer is shaking the boat. What say all?
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2019, 03:52:06 am »
Look man, the 'Old Boys' Democrats are all multimillionaire status-quo people. They hate change. They hate progress. The worst thing that Trump could do to them is to show them that 'change' is inevitable.

All he has to do is to be 'different' and unpredictable. HARUMPH...HARUMPH...I say old boy, I think this new commer is shaking the boat. What say all?
@240B
Record deficits, trade policy favoritism, corruption, and failure to hold previous administrations accountable is new.  Great point.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2019, 04:09:36 am »
@240B
Record deficits, trade policy favoritism, corruption, and failure to hold previous administrations accountable is new.  Great point.
All of that existed well before Trump came on the scene. Hussein gave $150,000,000,000,000 to his buddies in Iran simply because his Iranian "Mommy" Jarrett told him to do it.

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2019, 04:58:09 am »
All of that existed well before Trump came on the scene. Hussein gave $150,000,000,000,000 to his buddies in Iran simply because his Iranian "Mommy" Jarrett told him to do it.
@240B
I don't understand.  What is the change and progress?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2019, 10:01:20 am »
Good luck with that.  I'm still going to work tomorrow in case all is not lost.
Not me. I'm going to work because I'm saving my pennies for a thermal scope...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2019, 02:34:42 am »
Speaking in terms of a game of Chess.
The best move Trump could make at this point, is to come out FULL FORWARD in favor of the AOC Green New Deal.
Democrats hate it, ergo, Trump should embrace it.

Trump knows more than I ever will about playing politics. He knows that I am right.

He already did that at CPAC 2019.   March 2, 2019. I hope this is the full speech.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2019, 08:28:35 pm »
Trump just lost my vote.

I am so tired of hearing we need more foreign workers in the USA, while we jettison Americans from their jobs for low salary foreign workers.

TRUMP HAS BETRAYED AMERICA WITH THIS POSITION.  HE IS NOW PART OF THE ANTI AMERICAN SWAMP THAT WANTS AMERICA SUBSEVIENT TO THE NWO.

America is lost.