Author Topic: Alex Trebek announces he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer  (Read 1285 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Alex Trebek announces he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer
« on: March 06, 2019, 10:22:06 pm »
(CNN) — "Jeopardy" host Alex Trebek is hoping for a victory as he wages a battle against cancer.

The longtime game show host on Wednesday announced he's been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer in a video posted to the show's YouTube account.

"Now, normally, the prognosis for this is not very encouraging, but I'm going to fight this. And I'm going to keep working and with the love and support of my family and friends -- and with the help of your prayers also -- I plan to beat the low survival rate statistics for this disease," he said.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/03/06/entertainment/alex-trebek-pancreatic-cancer/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Alex Trebek announces he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 10:59:30 pm »
Prayers up for Mr. Trebek
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 11:16:26 pm »
Same here @Freya .  He seems like a decent guy.  Unfortunately, the prognosis is not good.

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 11:54:10 pm »
Well, dang it.  Jeopardy is my favorite show and Trebek is a great host.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 12:17:16 am »
'Jeopardy!' host Alex Trebek diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer: 'I plan to beat' it
Cydney Henderson, USA TODAY Published 5:19 p.m. ET March 6, 2019 | Updated 6:45 p.m. ET March 6, 2019

Alex Trebek, the longtime host of "Jeopardy!," announced he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

The 78-year-old appeared to be in good spirits as he revealed the diagnosis on the game show's YouTube channel Wednesday, adding, "I wanted to be the one to pass along this information."

"Just like 50,000 other people in the United States each year, this week I was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer," he said. "Now normally, the prognosis for this is not very encouraging, but I’m going to fight this, and I’m going to keep working."

more
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/03/06/alex-trebek-announces-he-has-stage-4-pancreatic-cancer/3085275002/?fbclid=IwAR0GI0UaCcjbMvQlxuhlqad-P5y3Jurg5N88PFU3ywz_OBHHrsivbIFwnIE
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 12:50:12 am »
Last year Mr. Trebek served as moderator for a televised debate between PA candidates for governor.  I didn't watch, but the poor guy was roundly criticized for his moderating effort.  He said he wanted to have a more conversational tone in the debate, but according to the criticism, Mr. Trebek was doing most of the talking. I guess moderating debates is not one of Mr. Trebek's skills. That's ok.  He is excels as a game show host. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 01:30:37 am »
"Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek revealed in a YouTube video Wednesday that he has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

Trebek, 78, learned of his condition this week, he said in the video.

"Now normally, the prognosis for this is not very encouraging, but I’m going to fight this, and I’m going to keep working," he said. "And with the love and support of my family and friends and with the help of your prayers also, I plan to beat the low survival rate statistics for this disease."....

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jeopardy-host-alex-trebek-says-hes-been-diagnosed-with-stage-4-pancreatic-cancer

How sad.  I love Jeopardy, and was watching it as this came across the wires.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 01:37:29 am »
Awful news.  I just can't imagine it.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Mod2

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 01:38:24 am »
Topics merged.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 02:46:54 am »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 02:48:14 am »
How sad.  I love Jeopardy, and was watching it as this came across the wires.
@Sanguine
I started watching Jeopardy! when it was born in 1964 and Art Fleming was its host. (My paternal grandfather had a passion for the show which I shared.) Alex Trebek was really the only one who could take the show after Fleming decided to stop in the 1970s and do an equal or better job of it. Prayers.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 02:48:50 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 02:57:28 am »
@Sanguine
I started watching Jeopardy! when it was born in 1964 and Art Fleming was its host. (My paternal grandfather had a passion for the show which I shared.) Alex Trebek was really the only one who could take the show after Fleming decided to stop in the 1970s and do an equal or better job of it. Prayers.

I didn't remember when it started because I didn't have a TV in '74, but I've made up for not watching it in the early years. 

I don't know that anyone could replace Trebek; he's as much a part of the show as Final Jeopardy is.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2019, 12:51:22 pm »
Chris Cuomo politicizes Trebek's announcement.
... CNN’s Chris Cuomo had to throw in a dash of politics and veiled references to President Trump. And naturally, he also used the news to promote CNN’s empty slogan.

There was a hint of a political message when Cuomo began the segment near the end of the first hour of Prime Time. “In a time that is all about what is keeping us apart, we got tough news today about someone who has always brought America together, literally for decades,” he began.

“I don't care what your race, color, creed, gender, bank account level. You've watched Jeopardy. Since 1984, Alex Trebek has been the smartest guy in our living rooms, teaching us, more importantly bringing us together,” he continued.

But things got more overtly political as Cuomo was wrapping up the segment:
    Trebek is a major asset to our culture, not just to the game show. In a time of shallow beliefs and rampant truth abuse in our politics and beyond, every night he makes facts first. We need him now more than ever. So, Mr. Trebek, fight as you have never fought before. Do everything you can, and please know you are respected for all the right reasons by all of us. We are with you, and we wish you well.
Full story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 02:45:24 pm »
Chris Cuomo politicizes Trebek's announcement. ...Full story

Disgusting.