Author Topic: 'It saved my life': Relative of party drug 'Special K' could revolutionize depression treatment  (Read 1059 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
'It saved my life': Relative of party drug 'Special K' could revolutionize depression treatment
John Bacon, USA TODAY
Published 12:43 p.m. ET March 6, 2019 | Updated 1:50 p.m. ET March 6, 2019

U.S. health officials have approved a medication related to the mind-altering drug ketamine as a new option for patients with severe depression. (March 6) AP

A new medication related to the iconic party drug "Special K" that can rapidly treat depression could revolutionize treatment of the condition affecting more than 16 million Americans, experts say.

A subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson has won fast-track approval from the Food and Drug Administration for use of the drug esketamine in conjunction with an oral antidepressant for adults who have tried at least two other treatment options without success.

Read more at: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/03/06/esketamine-nasal-spray-drug-could-transform-treatment-depression/3077883002/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Don't forget to take your soma and keep those happy thoughts!
The Republic is lost.

Bill Cipher

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've never heard of this "Special K," though I've heard of Ketomine.  I need to up my Party Game.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Terence McKenna please pick up the white courtesy phone.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

I know that I was in a healthy happy relationship until obummer went after the Xanax, Valium market, it's been downhill since then.  Sure there are those among you who will mock me for that statement oblivious to what a sedated woman sounds like.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=12&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj8-_ivjPHgAhWTB3wKHfC8DRgQFjALegQIBRAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fhistory%2F2019%2F03%2F07%2Fketamine-new-anti-depressant-has-been-blowing-minds-decades%2F&usg=AOvVaw2a6AqwRa6n4AdKlNIEO-Hr

John C. Lilly took his first dose of ketamine to help with his chronic migraine headaches.

It worked, and soon Lilly, a renowned counterculture physician and close associate of 1960s psychedelic guru Timothy Leary, was riding increasing doses of the drug into some of the strangest research of the late 20th century.

Ketamine, first developed as an anesthetic, figured largely into two of Lilly’s most famous projects: the invention of the isolation tank and his NASA-funded efforts to communicate with dolphins.

And sometimes it got weird.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Mod1

Online mountaineer

Here's an interesting angle to this story:
A new drug shows promise for depression, so naturally Scientology is fighting it

... The Citizens Commission on Human Rights is by far Scientology’s angriest front group. CCHR accuses, taunts, and mocks mental health professionals, accusing them of torture similar to the Holocaust. It maintains two permanent “Industry of Death” museums in Los Angeles and Clearwater and traveling museums that pop-up in cities around the world that have an Ideal Org. CCHR opposes all forms of mental health treatment other than Dianetics. It lobbies the U.S. Congress and state legislatures to restrict medicines and medical devices.

Scientology has come out against FDA approval of a new drug, Spravato. CCHR claims that the FDA has a conflict of interest, having received money from the drug manufacturer, and that the drug is similar to the dangerous club drug ketamine.

â€œIf approved, it would add to the mind-numbing of America that an FDA-psychiatric collusion is causing.”

On Tuesday the FDA approved Spravato over the objections of Scientology. Not that its opposition would carry any weight, but CCHR was too late, having missed the approval of the FDA Advisory Committee back on February 12. The Spravato application received Fast Track and Breakthrough Therapy designations that sped up the process significantly.  ...
Rest of story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Here's an interesting angle to this story:Rest of story

I wonder how the Scientologist wackos feel about "modern" childhood treatment of Gender Dysphoria?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: