Author Topic: The problem with Trump’s North Korea gamble  (Read 310 times)

Online corbe

The problem with Trump’s North Korea gamble
« on: March 06, 2019, 06:26:02 pm »
The problem with Trump’s North Korea gamble

by Erin Dunne

March 06, 2019 12:55 PM

By now, it’s clear: President Trump lost his bet on North Korea. Kim Jong Un is not close to giving up his weapons and isn’t likely to do so in the future. And if anyone was still waiting for proof of that disheartening reality, it came in the from of satellite imagery revealing that North Korea was rebuilding a launch site that it had previously partially dismantled — and it might have been doing so before Kim's meeting with Trump in Hanoi.

North Korea has played this game before, and it’s always ended the same way: a broken deal, the Kim family keeping their grip on power and nuclear ambitions, and Washington throwing up its hands in frustration.

A simple rerun of this playbook on its own wouldn’t be so bad. After all, talking with North Korea was certainly worth a try, and it's not as if Trump didn’t know that failure wasn’t a real possibly.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-problem-with-trumps-north-korea-gamble
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: The problem with Trump’s North Korea gamble
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 12:26:28 am »
Stopped right here....

By now, it’s clear: President Trump lost his bet on North Korea.

I'm not a big fan of President Trump (I'm a "skeptic" most days), but I have to call BS on that.  It's way premature to say Trump has failed with NK.  It's like Harry Reid calling Bush43's Iraq surge in troops a failure before all the troops were even in theater.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: