Author Topic: Mattis for president? Grassroots campaign takes root on Richland official’s lawn  (Read 386 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Mattis for president? Grassroots campaign takes root on Richland official’s lawn
By Wendy Culverwell Tri-City Herald

A Richland official is starting a grass-roots campaign to encourage former Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis to run for public office. Mattis has been silent on the presidential rumblings emanating from his hometown.

RICHLAND — A Richland city councilman thinks native son Jim Mattis would make a terrific governor or even president.

Phil Lemley hopes his neighbors will help push a grass roots campaign to encourage the now-former Secretary of Defense to run for public office.

And he’s printed up 10 campaign yard signs to start the conversation.

Lemley said he was “devastated” in December when Mattis resigned as the 26th Secretary of Defense over policy differences with President Donald Trump.

Read more at: https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/mattis-for-president-grass-roots-campaign-takes-root-on-richland-officials-lawn/

This won't take off, in my opinion and that might be a loss for all of us because I definitely think Mattis is a good man and I certainly hope he returns to public life in some capacity.