Author Topic: Colorado drops transgender cake case against Christian baker Jack Phillips  (Read 1006 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The Colorado Civil Rights Commission dropped its latest case against Christian cakeshop owner Jack Phillipson Tuesday, handing him a second victory against state officials who have pursued him for six years over his refusal to create cakes for certain LGBT events.

Mr. Phillips, owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop in Lakewood, agreed in return to withdraw his lawsuit against the state, which he filed last year to stop the commission’s “harassment” after he was hit with a complaint for declining to make a blue-and-pink cake for a transgender transition.

Kristen Waggoner, senior vice president of the Alliance Defending Freedom, called the outcome “great news for everyone.”

“This is the second time the state has launched a failed effort to prosecute him,” said Ms. Waggoner, who represents Mr. Phillips. “While it finally appears to be getting the message that its anti-religious hostility has no place in our country, the state’s decision to target Jack has cost him more than 6½ years of his life, forcing him to spend that time tied up in legal proceedings.”
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/mar/5/jack-phillips-wins-second-round-in-transgender-cak/
Seems the discrimination of a citizen by the State of Colorado has come to an end.

Nice.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Seems the discrimination of a citizen by the State of Colorado has come to an end.

Nice.
Unfortunately, Mr Phillips will likely never be compensated for the persecution he has received at the hands of the GLBT crowd's Nazis--well, not in this life, anyway.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

Conservatives still get the principle confused. They make it out to be a case of religious freedom, but that issue is secondary to the basic right of any business to make/create what they choose without being forced to make something different by a customer or the government.
If your business is making green-colored widgets and only green-colored widgets, nobody has the right to force you make them with some other color. They can like it or lump it.

Offline verga

Conservatives still get the principle confused. They make it out to be a case of religious freedom, but that issue is secondary to the basic right of any business to make/create what they choose without being forced to make something different by a customer or the government.
If your business is making green-colored widgets and only green-colored widgets, nobody has the right to force you make them with some other color. They can like it or lump it.
Why can't it be both equally? I oppose abortion on both a moral basis, Religious basis, and a scientific one.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Why can't it be both equally? I oppose abortion on both a moral basis, Religious basis, and a scientific one.
It can be all those. I oppose abortion for all three reasons as well.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

It can be both, but  a business owner does not need to justify or explain why he or she makes or sells what they do.
If some customer requests/demands the business owner make or sell something the business owner does not want to make or sell, it's too bad for the customer....the customer can like it or lump it.  The business can give the customer a reason, but that's not necessary either.
The customer can go somewhere else or make/create the product themselves, they cannot demand somebody make it for them.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 01:16:47 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
A year ago: "Let's bankrupt him to punish him"
He raises millions of $$$
Today: "OK we are losing here. Never mind"
Countdown to Resignation

Offline verga

It can be both, but  a business owner does not need to justify or explain why he or she makes or sells what they do.
If some customer requests/demands the business owner make or sell something the business owner does not want to make or sell, it's too bad for the customer....the customer can like it or lump it.  The business can give the customer a reason, but that's not necessary either.
The customer can go somewhere else or make/create the product themselves, they cannot demand somebody make it for them.
Exactly we are in complete agreement.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Not only did he have the money to fight them, I think they knew there was a good chance they'd lose.
The Republic is lost.

Offline goatprairie

Not only did he have the money to fight them, I think they knew there was a good chance they'd lose.
Think of that would me if the fascists had won. Any business would be forced by men with guns to make whatever any customer demanded.
This is a victory for any business that wants to run their business they way they want.
That would include businesses/bakeries owned by satanists who only bake cakes/whatever for satanic weddings/ceremonies. No Christian should be able to force the satanic bakers to bake a Christian themed cake.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Unfortunately, Mr Phillips will likely never be compensated for the persecution he has received at the hands of the GLBT crowd's Nazis--well, not in this life, anyway.

And that is truly a sad state of affairs.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"Colorado drops transgender cake case against Christian baker Jack Phillips"

The reason:
He was going to win a SECOND Supreme Court victory, which would bury this "issue" once and for all.

rangerrebew

Case dropped against Christian baker

Jazz ShawPosted at 10:41 am on March 6, 2019

The latest liberal attack against Masterpiece Cakeshop owner Jack Phillips has come to an abrupt end. The Colorado Civil Rights Commission dropped a lawsuit against Phillips, leading the baker to drop his own countersuit against the state. While this may appear to be a victory for Phillips, I somehow doubt this is the last we’ll hear of such challenges. (Washington Times)

The Colorado Civil Rights Commission on Tuesday dropped its latest case against Christian cakeshop owner Jack Phillips, handing him a second victory against state officials over his refusal to create cakes for certain LGBT events.

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/03/06/case-dropped-christian-baker/

rangerrebew

This man's defense of his Christian beliefs is strong than that of the Pope who, when confronted by the evil in the middle east, decides to compromise his principles and unite with Islam. :wtf:

Offline Mod1

Merged threads