Author Topic: The Longest-Lasting Cars to Reach 200,000 Miles and Beyond  (Read 291 times)

Offline Elderberry

The Longest-Lasting Cars to Reach 200,000 Miles and Beyond
« on: March 05, 2019, 07:31:41 PM »
ISeeCars By Julie Blackley

2019 Study Shows Full-Size SUVs Dominate

Full-size SUVs are the vehicles that are most likely to reach 200,000 miles or more, according to a new study by automotive research firm and car search engine iSeeCars.com.

iSeeCars analyzed over 13.8 million cars sold in 2018 to determine which models have the highest percentage of cars that reached 200,000 miles. The top 14 models identified each have at least 2.2 percent (almost three times the overall average) of their vehicles reach that mileage and include a mix of vehicle types with nine SUVs including a hybrid, three pickup trucks, a sedan, and a minivan. 

“With the right maintenance and care, today’s vehicles have the potential to reach 200,000 miles,” said iSeeCars CEO Phong Ly. “While large SUVs and pickup trucks appear most often on the list, those looking for sedans and minivans can also find a vehicle that is proven to be a high-mileage hauler.”

Methodology

iSeeCars.com analyzed over 13.8 million pre-owned cars sold in 2018 from model years 1981 through 2018. Models that were not in production as of the 2018 model year, heavy duty-vehicles, and low-volume models were excluded from further analysis. For each model, the percentage of the number of cars with at least 200,000 miles was calculated.

Tables at Link: https://www.iseecars.com/longest-lasting-cars-2019-study
He who makes an attempt to enslave me, thereby puts himself into a state of war with me.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf