Poll

Would you like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC) if she was conservative?

Yes
1 (4.2%)
No
21 (87.5%)
I don't know.
2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Would you like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC) if she was conservative?  (Read 4655 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Would you like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC) if she was conservative?

What if she had the same personality and presentation, but displayed conservative principles? Would you then like her?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She had her rabies shot?  She sure don't seem like she has.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

But still breathtakingly stupid?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline skeeter

I would've liked Mao if he were a US conservative, 'cause he wouldn't be a dirty commie.

'Course I'd still recommend she sit down, shut up and learn the ropes before she tried to take on the world.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 01:13:33 am by skeeter »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I would've liked Mao if he were a US conservative.

'Course I'd still recommend she sit down, shut up and learn the ropes before she tried to take on the world.

Nah. I hope she tops the Darwin Award list.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I don't like ignorant people who lecture about things they know nothing about.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline corbe

I voted YES, I think she's HOT!

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

So just put me on ignore.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

No.  She’s pushy, loudmouthed, never shuts up, and is stupid.  Also, I want to unscrew my ears at the sound of that Minnie Mouse voice.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Bill Cipher

No.  She’s pushy, loudmouthed, never shuts up, and is stupid.  Also, I want to unscrew my ears at the sound of that Minnie Mouse voice.

Indeed

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Would you like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC) if she was conservative?
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2019, 02:21:17 am »
            I voted YES, I think she's HOT!

m

Why don't t you aim a little higher?  Like her mom.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 03:07:47 pm »
On the one hand she's got that appealing, in a sad kind of way, Shrek character Donkey look. On the other hand she's about twenty times more irritating/ignorant in a sad kind of Shrek/ Donkey character way and Brays  incessantly, so emphatically NO!

OR You choose!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2019, 09:40:37 am »
She is a moron.  The conservative side of the aisle simply does not need morons like her on their side.  She is clueless, and what is worse is the Dems all rapidly embraced here idiotic notion of the Green Deal without realizing the stupidity of the whole thing.

Redo every building in America, eliminate cows because of farts, eliminate air travel...ugggh! 

Having people like her representing the people of America makes us the laughing stock within the world.  I am certain foreigners think we are all that stupid.  It is a disgrace.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2019, 10:11:36 am »
I guess what I am having trouble with is the concept that someone who is Conservative, yet who is so unflinchingly and unfailingly stupid.

I recall the old saw about a million monkeys typing on a million typewriters for a million years might produce a Shakespearean sonnet verbatim, but I think her chances of being Conservative are almost equally likely at her displayed intelligence level.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2019, 12:53:14 pm »
Exactly. Her pontificating on what cows should eat is just beyond absurd.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2019, 04:18:10 pm »
It would probably be worse. Can you imagine if the face of the right had that much vapid ignorance and off the cuff idiotic remarks constantly- and that was supposed to represent us?

I'm sure many would think some charismatic character like AOC was cool, even if she was a fool, they would just love that they have someone speaking the language they understand. They would rather have an ignoramus spouting nonsense for cheers over someone with actual intellectual prowess like a William F Buckley or Walter Williams.

Thank God we don't have that, amiright?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2019, 05:37:05 pm »
What kind of damn fool question is that? It's like asking "Would you still drink water if it were not wet?"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline thackney

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2019, 06:20:56 pm »
AOC: You Guys, They Amended the Constitution to Stop FDR From Running Again, or Something
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2019/04/01/aoc-republicans-amended-the-constitution-so-fdr-couldnt-run-again-or-something-n2544079

FDR's vast expansion of government was so popular, she averred, that opponents had to amend the constitution to prevent him from winning again:

- - - - - - - -

The 22nd Amendment was proposed in 1947 and ratified in 1951.

FDR died in 1945.

Not only do they want the dead to vote, they want them to hold office.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2019, 06:25:47 pm »
The 22nd Amendment was proposed in 1947 and ratified in 1951.
FDR died in 1945.
Not only do they want the dead to vote, they want them to hold office.
She probably has some evidence he didn't die in 1945, but was held in suspended animation or something.

Seriously, if she were a Republican, what are the chances she'd be so mind-numbingly stupid?

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2019, 06:35:37 pm »
She probably has some evidence he didn't die in 1945, but was held in suspended animation or something.

Seriously, if she were a Republican, what are the chances she'd be so mind-numbingly stupid?

60/40.

You pick which is 60.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2019, 06:37:14 pm »
You're right. I meant to say "conservative," not "Republican."

Offline corbe

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2019, 08:21:56 pm »
   I'd be more inclined to vote for a dead politician  /JS
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2019, 09:05:52 pm »
Definitely not.  She'd never make it as a conservative she's a liberal moron and you just can't make stupid smart!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2019, 09:15:13 pm »
I'd like to think she'd be less ignorant if she were a conservative.  I know that a couple of my own children who are more outspoken at school about their beliefs have been repeatedly challenged by their left-leaning educators, and in the end it has made them better ambassadors of their values since they have had more practice at defending conservative principles against the standard 'gotcha' arguments.

Then again ... you get out of it what you put into it, so maybe AOC would still be AOC.   :shrug:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline aligncare

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2019, 10:02:39 pm »
She’s in trouble back home with her peeps. She’s never in her district office. No one picks up the phone and the message directs you to her website.

Seems she’s busy.