Author Topic: Freedom is the Freedom to Say ‘Bruce Jenner.’ If That is Granted, All Else Follows  (Read 323 times)

Online mountaineer

Freedom is the Freedom to Say ‘Bruce Jenner.’ If That is Granted, All Else Follows
By John Zmirak Published on March 5, 2019

My title takes off from a famous passage in Orwell’s 1984, “Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two makes four. If that is granted, all else follows.” Winston Smith doesn’t say it out loud, of course. He scribbles it in his journal. And makes sure that the telescreen which monitors his apartment cannot see him.

But of course, the Inner Party finds out his secret. In fact, when he’s caught and tortured, his inquisitor O’Brien makes it a point to force Winston to deny precisely this point. O’Brien tortures Winston until he’s willing to say that two plus two makes five. But that isn’t enough. An old-fashioned tyrant might settle for that, for mere compliance.  ...

This, my friends, is the future the Left has in mind for us. Whether individual leftists realize it or not. And this is what lies behind the sudden and absolute demands of the Transgender movement. No, I don’t mean that it’s what motivates people who mutilate and poison themselves in pursuit of “gender reassignment.” Those people are mentally ill, as psychiatrists admitted until five minutes ago.

The truth is much more sinister. The left has taken up Transgender ideology not just despite the fact that it’s absurd and contrary to nature. They’ve chosen it because of that. Saying and meaning phrases like “female penis” and “pregnant men” is the absolute equivalent of asserting that two plus two make five — or whatever other number The Atlantic, the Harvard faculty, and the EEOC have most recently said that it makes. They don’t just want you to repeat that, of course. Like O’Brien, they need you to believe it.  ...[/quote]More at The Stream
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

"Bruce. Jenner. His name is Bruce Jenner."

Say that on the American side of the border with Canada, and nobody, as yet, will throw you in jail.
Take a few steps north into Canada, and you just might be hauled away for hate speech. Such is the precariousness of freedom.