Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Fusion GPS Founder Had Contact With State Department Official During 2016 Campaign  (Read 659 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
EXCLUSIVE: Fusion GPS Founder Had Contact With State Department Official During 2016 Campaign
9:46 PM 03/04/2019 | US
Chuck Ross | Reporter

Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson was in contact with a State Department official who had close contacts with dossier author Christopher Steele, according to emails recently obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation.
    The September 2016 emails show Simpson was desperate to make contact with Jonathan Winer, a longtime associate of then-Secretary of State John Kerry.
    Winer has been confirmed as a source for an article published the following day. That article, written by journalist Michael Isikoff, was the first to publicize Steele’s claims about Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.

One of the co-founders of the opposition research firm that commissioned the Steele dossier was in contact with a State Department official in the days before a news article was published laying out allegations contained in the salacious anti-Trump report.

Emails obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation show that Glenn Simpson, an executive at Fusion GPS, contacted Jonathan Winer, who then served as State’s special envoy for Libya, on Sept. 19 and Sept. 22, 2016. That was days ahead of the publication of a Yahoo! News article that was the first story to cite information gathered by Christopher Steele, the former British spy who authored the dossier.

Winer, a longtime aide to former Secretary of State John Kerry, was a source for that article, which laid out Steele’s allegations about Carter Page, a former Trump campaign adviser who would become the target of FBI surveillance.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/04/glenn-simpson-jonathan-winer-dossier/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Of all the corrupt agencies in Washington, the Department of State is the worst by a wide margin and that has been so for many decades now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

And so we have further evidence of "collusion" - the real thing, though. A phony dossier, paid for by Democrat operatives, disseminated by agencies of the Federal government who acted as cut-outs to help disguise the true source of the fabrications, while providing cover for corrupt, politicized investigators to claim that the story was somehow "corroborated" and worthy of pursuit.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
And so we have further evidence of "collusion" - the real thing, though. A phony dossier, paid for by Democrat operatives, disseminated by agencies of the Federal government who acted as cut-outs to help disguise the true source of the fabrications, while providing cover for corrupt, politicized investigators to claim that the story was somehow "corroborated" and worthy of pursuit.

Yep.  That about covers it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien