Author Topic: New Yorkers Do to Florida What Latin Americans Do to America - Dennis Prager  (Read 454 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
New Yorkers Do to Florida What Latin Americans Do to America - The Dennis Prager Show

Given the constantly reiterated left-wing charge that opposition to massive immigration is racist and xenophobic, it is important to restate the truth: The reason for opposition to mass immigration into the United States — from almost anywhere in the world, whether legal or illegal — has nothing to do with race or ethnicity. The issue is entirely one of values. Every immigrant, to anywhere, brings a set of social, moral, political and religious values. No one on earth is devoid of values, be they noble, ignoble or merely confused.

Wishful-thinking conservatives and Republicans have long argued that Latinos are potential Republicans because at heart they are social conservatives. They are said, for example, to oppose abortion and to have a strong commitment to the traditional nuclear family.

Yet, even assuming Latinos’ overall opposition to abortion and strong belief in the mother and father-led family, this has paled in significance compared to Latinos’ belief in big government. That the state should take care of people is now the most widely held belief in the world. More people believe in big government than believe in the God of the Bible. That is one reason, as I frequently note, that the most dynamic religion of the last hundred years has not been Christianity or Islam, but leftism.

Read more at: https://www.dennisprager.com/new-yorkers-do-to-florida-what-latin-americans-do-to-america/

This isn't an absolute but for the most part true.

Prager really takes from Buchanan on some of this but in the end, I think a lot of this is a generally held idea, maybe no one came up with the original except synthesizing it into words and that we need to be done.

A lot of people could read this and think, it's rather prejudiced.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 02:22:23 pm by TomSea »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Prager is a relentlessly honest thinker.  If he has arrived at a conclusion, it is because he can back it up with facts and logic.  I doubt he takes anything from Buchanan.

This is a very important piece, and he fleshes out a point that I have also made in the past.  People arrive here with a culture.  It is rare to impossible for someone to give up everything that that are, or to have the culture of America already, so they will inevitably change to some extent the culture of the area that they move into.  It would be less change with smaller numbers of new immigrants.  But, we have massive numbers of immigrants right now. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Prager is a relentlessly honest thinker.  If he has arrived at a conclusion, it is because he can back it up with facts and logic.  I doubt he takes anything from Buchanan.

This is a very important piece, and he fleshes out a point that I have also made in the past.  People arrive here with a culture.  It is rare to impossible for someone to give up everything that that are, or to have the culture of America already, so they will inevitably change to some extent the culture of the area that they move into.  It would be less change with smaller numbers of new immigrants.  But, we have massive numbers of immigrants right now.

Pat Buchanan certainly highlighted that Hispanics, in general, are "big government people". So, Prager may have said it 20 years after Buchanan and it has no relation.  It could be a generally held idea but Buchanan definitely said it years ago.
Why Do Hispanic Voters Prefer Big Government?
By José Azel Last updated May 23, 2016

https://panampost.com/jose-azel/2016/05/20/why-hispanic-voters-big-government/

Prager really takes from Anne Coulter:

Ann Coulter: Hispanics not only support overwhelmingly big government but also Obamacare

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online goatprairie

As Prager and other analyses prove many Hispanic immigrants come here to work, but many also come here to be leeches.  Studies show that.
It's extremely unpopular and un-p.c. to say so, but those are the facts. That's why all immigrants have to be carefully vetted.