Author Topic: AG Barr won't recuse himself from Mueller probe  (Read 486 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
AG Barr won't recuse himself from Mueller probe
« on: March 05, 2019, 12:52:19 am »
AG Barr won't recuse himself from Mueller probe
By Brett Samuels - 03/04/19 07:31 PM EST

Attorney General William Barr will not recuse himself from overseeing the special counsel investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, the Department of Justice (DOJ) said Monday.

DOJ spokeswoman Kerri Kupec said in a statement that senior career ethics officials advised Barr that he should not recuse himself from oversight ofRobert Mueller's probe.

"Consistent with that advice, General Barr has decided not to recuse," Kupec said.

Barr was confirmed by the Senate and sworn in last month.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/432569-ag-barr-wont-recuse-himself-from-overseeing-mueller-investigation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: AG Barr won't recuse himself from Mueller probe
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 01:34:51 am »
Good?  I still question with the 'ties' that Barr has with Mueller, why Trump appointed him in the first place?  This could be another fiasco waiting to happen.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 02:02:55 am »
Good?  I still question with the 'ties' that Barr has with Mueller, why Trump appointed him in the first place?  This could be another fiasco waiting to happen.

He appointed him for the simple reason he had heard Barr wrote a memo that was critical of the investigation. Everything else went into one ear and out of the other.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 02:38:33 am »

He appointed him for the simple reason he had heard Barr wrote a memo that was critical of the investigation. Everything else went into one ear and out of the other.

What would you have said if Barr recused, ala Sessions?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 02:56:09 am »
What would you have said if Barr recused, ala Sessions?

I would have wondered why. Ethics advisors found no reasons for Barr to recuse. Had they recommended it and he said no, that would be a different story. That was the case with Whitaker. He should have, because when it’s a ‘close call,’ as advisors said, you don’t want to give any impressions of impropriety. Worst of all, he was part of an organization under DOJ investigation. He never should have been offered the position or accepted it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 03:11:50 am »

I would have wondered why. Ethics advisors found no reasons for Barr to recuse. Had they recommended it and he said no, that would be a different story. That was the case with Whitaker. He should have, because when it’s a ‘close call,’ as advisors said, you don’t want to give any impressions of impropriety. Worst of all, he was part of an organization under DOJ investigation. He never should have been offered the position or accepted it.

Whittaker should not have been allowed to manage Mueller, that's a fact.  Even I thought he was conflicted.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: