Author Topic: There are more $100 bills in circulation than $1 bills, and it makes no cents  (Read 1178 times)

Offline corbe

There are more $100 bills in circulation than $1 bills, and it makes no cents

Taylor Telford, Jeanne Whalen

40 mins ago

A puzzling surge in the number of $100 bills in circulation and the planned demise of the 500-euro bank note have resurrected debate on the need for three-digit currency at all — given their favor with criminals around the globe.

A decade ago, the number of $100 bills lagged well behind $1 and $20 notes. But the tally has doubled since the end of the financial crisis, according to data from the Federal Reserve; by 2017, the $100 note eclipsed the $1 to become the most widely distributed U.S. currency. Output is still climbing, and experts are perplexed.

“It could be driven by a global fear of negative interest rates in Europe and Japan, or it could be a savings vehicle for U.S. households worried about another financial crisis, or it could be driven by more demand from the global underground economy,” Torsten Slok, chief international economist of Deutsche Bank, wrote in a note to investors last week.

The Benjamin Franklin-faced currency has been the largest U.S. bill since the $500, $1,000 and $5,000 were axed in 1969, but it’s not very popular for day-to-day transactions. The average American carries about $60 in cash, according to a 2017 study from the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. A December study from Pew Research Center found that about 30 percent of Americans use no cash at all on a weekly basis, suggesting that, in the digital age, cash is going out of style altogether.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/there-are-more-dollar100-bills-in-circulation-than-dollar1-bills-and-it-makes-no-cents/ar-BBUncpu?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Elections coming soon and the dems need those $100 bills for trailer park trolling!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
There are more $100 bills in circulation than $1 bills, and it makes no cents

Makes sense to me.....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Elections coming soon and the dems need those $100 bills for trailer park trolling!

I thought they used $10 bills?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
It's like these cretins have never heard of inflation...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It's like these cretins have never heard of inflation...

Cretins?  I thought much of the bills were being held internationally as a hedge against instability.  Sounds pretty smart.

Online andy58-in-nh

The drug trade and money-laundering have also increased the velocity with which $100 are circulated.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Cretins?  I thought much of the bills were being held internationally as a hedge against instability.  Sounds pretty smart.
I was talking about the handwringers who wrote this article.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I was talking about the handwringers who wrote this article.

Ah.  Got it. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The singles I get are beaten to crap.  The Bureau of Engraving and Printing is not replacing them like they should.

I think the DeeCee controllers are trying to force us into using dollar coins again.  No.  I lost every one I ever had by accidentally using them as quarters.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The singles I get are beaten to crap.  The Bureau of Engraving and Printing is not replacing them like they should.

I think the DeeCee controllers are trying to force us into using dollar coins again.  No.  I lost every one I ever had by accidentally using them as quarters.
Forget dollar coins. The feds would love to be able to trace as many transactions as they can by going cashless.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Forget dollar coins. The feds would love to be able to trace as many transactions as they can by going cashless.

Theere's that.  As long as there's a Black Market for anything, there will always be media of exchange.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
"Puzzling..."  Not at all, the $100. bill is the new $20...twenty bucks doesn't go very far anymore. They need to start printing $500. & $1000. notes again to keep up with inflation...but since the Feds would like to go "cashless" I doubt that will happen.