Author Topic: Trump fulfills terminally ill man's dying wish with phone call  (Read 921 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump fulfills terminally ill man's dying wish with phone call
Fox News, Mar 5, 2019

President Trump and Eric Trump fulfilled a terminally ill Connecticut man's dying wish with a phone call on Tuesday evening -- and all it took was a little help from the man's sister, an elected Democrat.

44-year-old Jay Barrett, of West Haven, who has cystic fibrosis, left a hospital to begin palliative care at his sister's home last weekend and asked for some sort of contact with the president before he dies.

His sister, West Haven City Councilwoman Bridgette Hoskie, who describes herself as "100 percent Democrat," went on social media to help make it happen. Friends and other supporters sent emails to the White House and its online petition system.

The efforts paid off Tuesday night when Barrett received a surprise call from Trump. According to Barrett, Hoskie handed him a phone and he heard an understated greeting: “I’m the secretary for the president of the United States. Do you have time to talk to him?”

Barrett was ecstatic.

"Alright Jay, you look handsome to me. I just saw a picture of you.” Trump began, in a video of the call posted to YouTube.

[...]

"Mr. President, through thick and thin, you know there's been a lot of thicks, and there's been a lot of thins, I support you," Barrett told the president.

More w/video:  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mans-dying-wish-fulfilled-with-call-from-donald-trumps-son

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Trump fulfills terminally ill man's dying wish with phone call
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 12:51:21 pm »
Now, I don't care where you stand, that was a decent and kind thing to do. Bravo! :patriot:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Meldrew

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 01:05:17 pm »
It's the kind of thing W used to do without a press release.

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 01:30:27 pm »
It's the kind of thing W used to do without a press release.

The sister posted the video of the call on social media ... not the President.

But you know that.

Offline Meldrew

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 01:38:17 pm »
Fox News, Mar 5, 2019

I know that too.

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 01:46:53 pm »
Fox News, Mar 5, 2019

I know that too.

Offline Meldrew

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 02:12:38 pm »
And you are here.

We're probably not going to get beyond that today.  Take care and have a lovely day.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 02:16:34 pm »
Now, I don't care where you stand, that was a decent and kind thing to do. Bravo! :patriot:

Agreed. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Idiot

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 03:12:55 pm »
:amen:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2019, 03:23:49 pm »

You'd be surprised where some people stand. I know I am.

Offline verga

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2019, 07:29:08 pm »
Very decent thing to do.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 07:10:40 pm »
Very decent thing to do.

Yes, a very wonderful and decent thing today.  Our President has some compassion and some decency.  BTW @Right_in_Virginia thanks for the post.  It's refreshing to have some positive news for a change.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2019, 08:14:40 pm »
Yep.
Principles matter. Words matter.