Author Topic: Minimum Wage Hikes Are Wiping Out Jobs  (Read 593 times)

Online libertybele

Minimum Wage Hikes Are Wiping Out Jobs
« on: March 04, 2019, 11:28:17 pm »
Idiots!    888mouth

Minimum Wage Hikes Are Wiping Out Jobs

Big minimum wage hikes wipe out a lot of jobs. Illinois recently enacted a $15 minimum wage, a large increase in the minimum wage that will be phased in over several years. And businesses are already announcing plans to close up, move out of the state, or curb their expansion in the state.  The Daily Gazette and Sauk Valley Media provide the example of Hopper’s Poppers:

“After a little more than 2 years downtown, Hopper’s Poppers – the business, and the building it’s in – are being put up for sale, the owner said.

“Ryan Hopper also closed his Sycamore shop this week, citing Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s approval of a statewide $15 minimum wage increase.

“Three months ago, he and his wife Stephanie were considering adding a third location in Roscoe, which would have brought him closer to his five-location goal. But he said the the[sic] minimum wage hike and Illinois’s notoriously high property taxes solidified the decision for his family to continue their business ventures outside Illinois.”

https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/hans-bader/minimum-wage-hikes-are-wiping-out-jobs
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online kevindavis007

Re: Minimum Wage Hikes Are Wiping Out Jobs
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 11:41:21 pm »
Duh!
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 12:53:55 am »
No way!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 12:58:48 am »
Of course the job loss is almost totally within blue states.

so they are spiraling downward in GDP, wages and tax revenue.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 01:14:09 am »
That's going to hurt the farmers down state too. There ain't no way they can pay that kind of money out for seasonal and transitional help. That's a big wage for regular hands out here.

Online LMAO

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 01:23:29 am »
This is the law of unintended consequences. Good intentions never can or will replace economics.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy