Author Topic: Republicans demand answers on what the Obama administration knew about Russian election interference  (Read 1033 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans demand answers on what the Obama administration knew about Russian election interference
by Jerry Dunleavy
 | March 06, 2019 09:11 AM

Republicans on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee are demanding access to Obama administration documents that were used to brief Congress and the Trump and Clinton campaigns about Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio, the top Republican on the committee, and Rep. Mark Meadows of North Carolina, said they want the information as part of their ongoing effort to investigate "the federal government's actions in advance of the 2016 election."

In a letter to Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, the two Republicans said DHS had brief Congress about Russia's efforts to interfere with the election. They said the Obama administration in that briefing "assured Members that it was adequately addressing any attempted interference in the election."

Republicans along with President Trump have charged that the Obama administration downplayed the possibility of Russian interference until Trump won the election, and that the Russia threat has been overblown in order to delegitimize the president.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/republicans-demand-answers-on-what-the-obama-administration-knew-about-russian-election-interference
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It's long past time for the DOJ to investigate, but not holding my breath.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The president has access to this information and the authority to declassify it. Yet he has not. How many times that we heard about releasing FISA?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The president has access to this information and the authority to declassify it. Yet he has not. How many times that we heard about releasing FISA?

Everybody wants the issue, and nobody wants to solve it.  This is true for just about anything the government touches.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm glad they're finally asking questions.

Offline edpc

Everybody wants the issue, and nobody wants to solve it.  This is true for just about anything the government touches.

Unquestionably true. That is why, during my lifetime, there has been a continual ‘War On ____.’

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Which he absolutely should do right now IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Which he absolutely should do right now IMHO.
Yes, he should!  Which begs the question:  Who is he protecting from us?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Yes, he should!  Which begs the question:  Who is he protecting from us?

An excellent question my friend.  One which I would love to see answered soon.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Trump is protecting the Swamp, that he promised to drain. 9999hair out0000
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Trump is protecting the Swamp, that he promised to drain. 9999hair out0000

I'm not so sure that is entirely true.  I personally think some of the people around him are giving him very bad advice on this matter.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Bill Cipher

Shouldn’t this have been done when they controlled the committee?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Shouldn’t this have been done when they controlled the committee?

If they were actually interested in sussing this, yeah.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

I'm not so sure that is entirely true.  I personally think some of the people around him are giving him very bad advice on this matter.

It’s more likely he’s ignoring some good advice. The stories we’ve heard about his inattentiveness aren’t just mythical. Check out the story Matt Gaetz told about Rick Scott trying to discuss policy and real issues with him. Gaetz seemed to find it amusing. It’s really not.

At times, the two have been able to put their differences aside in the company of the president, with whom they flew on Air Force One to a Tampa rally for DeSantis in July.

While aboard the plane, Gaetz said, Scott was “fumbling through his asks” of the president after opening a large notebook titled “Issues to Discuss with the President on Air Force One” that was filled with maps and engineering drawings of Lake Okeechobee and materials concerning other water-related issues important to Florida.

“The president listens politely for about 30 seconds and then just looks at the governor, looks at me, looks back at the governor and then says, ‘Isn’t Matt Gaetz great on television?’” Gaetz recalled.

Scott closed the notebook.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/04/trump-allies-florida-gaetz-scott-1202995

Offline skeeter

I keep hearing he's protecting the British and Australian governments. I'm not sure how that would work.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I keep hearing he's protecting the British and Australian governments. I'm not sure how that would work.

Apparently they were doing the spying that our guys couldn't do as members of the Five Eyes.  I think that is true.