Author Topic: Thomas Massie points out the ugly truth about the national emergency declaration (Rucker)  (Read 822 times)

Offline corbe

Thomas Massie points out the ugly truth about the national emergency declaration

Published 60 mins ago on March 4, 2019   

By JD Rucker
ï‚™   

Representative Thomas Massie (R-KY) voted to oppose President Trump’s national emergency declaration to secure funding for the border wall. It’s not that he’s against the wall. It’s that he’s against this clear abuse of power, the same type of abuse President Obama used in his handling of the illegal immigration problem.

Consistency is a rare thing in Washington DC. Tribalism has made many politicians and the activists who support them quite hypocritical when it comes to Presidential powers. When “their” guy is in office, parties generally ignore abuse of power. When “the other guy” is in power, the parties suddenly get offended by their actions.

Massie and a handful of other Republicans on Capitol Hill have taken a stand against these abuses even though it puts them at great risk. Anyone Republican who opposes the President is in jeopardy of losing their political careers, as former Senators Jeff Flake, Bob Corker, and others have learned all too well. The national emergency is no exception, which is why it takes courage for Massie to Tweet this truth:
Thomas Massie
 âœ”  @RepThomasMassie 

4/28/17 President signs comprehensive spending bill WITHOUT wall funding.
5/5/17 again
9/8/17 again
12/8/17 again
12/22/17 again
1/22/18 again
2/9/18 again
3/23/18 again, but Never again!
9/28/18 again
12/7/18 again
1/25/19 again
2/25/19 again, President declares emergency

12:05 PM - Mar 4, 2019

<..snip..>

http://noqreport.com/2019/03/04/thomas-massie-points-ugly-truth-national-emergency-declaration/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

ping to my Beloved @Chosen Daughter
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I do applaud Massie for being consistent.

Some people are not consistent.   wink777

Offline Absalom

Thomas Massie points out the ugly truth about the national emergency declaration

Published 60 mins ago on March 4, 2019   

By JD Rucker
ï‚™   

Representative Thomas Massie (R-KY) voted to oppose President Trump’s national emergency declaration to secure funding for the border wall. It’s not that he’s against the wall. It’s that he’s against this clear abuse of power, the same type of abuse President Obama used in his handling of the illegal immigration problem.

Consistency is a rare thing in Washington DC. Tribalism has made many politicians and the activists who support them quite hypocritical when it comes to Presidential powers. When “their” guy is in office, parties generally ignore abuse of power. When “the other guy” is in power, the parties suddenly get offended by their actions.

Massie and a handful of other Republicans on Capitol Hill have taken a stand against these abuses even though it puts them at great risk. Anyone Republican who opposes the President is in jeopardy of losing their political careers, as former Senators Jeff Flake, Bob Corker, and others have learned all too well. The national emergency is no exception, which is why it takes courage for Massie to Tweet this truth:
<..snip..>

http://noqreport.com/2019/03/04/thomas-massie-points-ugly-truth-national-emergency-declaration/
------------------------------------
Apparently the likes of Jeff the Flake and Corky are profiles in courage for journo Rucker and
Congresscritter Massie, cuz they took a stand against that WH meanie!
An "abuse of power"; why of course!!! As well, "Tribalism and hypocrisy exists in DC"; who knew?
And at great risk to their legendary careers!!! OhmiGOD, the disgrace, the horror and the shame!!!
Piety and sanctimony are embedded in the psyche of political types, as Voltaire well understood.
Sad he's not around in our time, as DC would give him a stage for his greatest work!!!!

Offline TomSea

ping to my Beloved @Chosen Daughter

Yes, ping alright @corbe

We should also remember who made it clear, they were not going to vote for the GOP nominee. It might not matter if one's state is solidly red or blue but there's nothing wrong with noting it.

For the record, I do know someone and there may be many, who said they voted only for Trump because of the wall. Still, I didn't get some deep discourse about how let down they were.

That El Chapo bill will fix things, paging Senator Rubio..
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 09:51:23 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

------------------------------------
Apparently the likes of Jeff the Flake and Corky are profiles in courage for journo Rucker and
Congresscritter Massie, cuz they took a stand against that WH meanie!
An "abuse of power"; why of course!!! As well, "Tribalism and hypocrisy exists in DC"; who knew?
And at great risk to their legendary careers!!! OhmiGOD, the disgrace, the horror and the shame!!!
Piety and sanctimony are embedded in the psyche of political types, as Voltaire well understood.
Sad he's not around in our time, as DC would give him a stage for his greatest work!!!!

:thumbsup:

Offline corbe

I'll also not forget the only 1 of 16 Republicans on the stage at that first debate who wouldn't raise his hand when Brett Baier asked "Who among you cannot say that they would support the eventual Nominee"?  @TomSea

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I believe the Constitution and laws passed because of it, were NEVER intended to be a suicide pact, to tie our hands from self-defense.

And suicide pact, is what I judge this talk of principles and precedents to be.

When Congress passed the law in 1976, I believe they had in mind just this type of situation.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

I know Representative Massie is a bit like Tulsi Gabbard and Rand Paul on issues like Syria....maybe on other foreign policy issues as well.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/white-house-rebukes-people-who-should-know-better-for-doubting-assad-guilt

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/383128-dem-senator-rips-trump-for-not-seeking-congressional-approval-for-syria

That is no criticism, it's a bit of a statement of fact. He's an interesting individual and I believe he scored nearly perfect in Conservative Reviews ratings of Representatives.

Maybe he even went over to Syria. I think he's a good guy, just maybe not correct about everything.

So, is this on topic?

Well, personally, without delving deep into the topic, Massie and Paul may well be correct on this issue. It's a sensitive issue, too bad we are dealing with it in Feb of 2019.

I want the wall built but I do think those like Paul have a very valid point.  I mean, we've got to stand for principles sometimes.  Paul does that, sometimes, I think he's totally, totally wrong too like with the Syrian withdrawal of December 2018 which has not come to pass. Compromise reached.

That said, I will support the President however this goes... he is doing a fine job. 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 10:23:13 pm by TomSea »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I do applaud Massie for being consistent.

Some people are not consistent.   wink777

Agreed, Tom.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yes, ping alright @corbe

We should also remember who made it clear, they were not going to vote for the GOP nominee. It might not matter if one's state is solidly red or blue but there's nothing wrong with noting it.

For the record, I do know someone and there may be many, who said they voted only for Trump because of the wall. Still, I didn't get some deep discourse about how let down they were.

That El Chapo bill will fix things, paging Senator Rubio..

Is Rubio also supporting the El Chapo bill?  @TomSea

Offline TomSea

Is Rubio also supporting the El Chapo bill?  @TomSea

I meant sponsoring, no, I don't believe he's a sponsor.  I must have confused him for someone else. This bill certainly has been around a while.

April 2017:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/2186

Sometimes I wonder, do they actually vote on these? It probably wouldn't pass the House now.

These politicians need to be asked some things at Town Hall meetings. I'm sure there is just something I don't know about.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I meant sponsoring, no, I don't believe he's a sponsor.  I must have confused him for someone else. This bill certainly has been around a while.

April 2017:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/2186

Sometimes I wonder, do they actually vote on these? It probably wouldn't pass the House now.

These politicians need to be asked some things at Town Hall meetings. I'm sure there is just something I don't know about.

Well, darn.  I thought he had a bill too.

The only one I'm aware of is in the Senate and is Cruz.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The current Congress is filled with Quislings.
On BOTH sides of the aisle !