Author Topic: Dems unleash sprawling probe of Trump family, administration  (Read 3230 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Dems unleash sprawling probe of Trump family, administration
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2019, 03:47:06 am »
That is why it is perfect for American voters.

Whatever that is supposed to mean.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2019, 03:48:37 am »
That is why it is perfect for American voters Jeffery Epstein.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2019, 03:52:30 am »
That is exactly the point. All of this Trump persecution is not only aimed at Trump and his friends and family. It is also intended to act as a deterrent for future candidates. If you are not in the uniParty inner circle, then if you run we will destroy you, and your friends, and your family, and anybody you have ever known.

Are you implying that President Trump is not in the inner circle?

:pondering:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2019, 04:22:49 am »
Are you implying that President Trump is not in the inner circle?

:pondering:

Those pics remind me of how easily a "golden boy" in the ring can be cast out and tagged "Emanual Goldstein, the Enemy of the People."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2019, 04:28:40 am »
Whatever that is supposed to mean.
Many Americans like yourself are frustrated at the slow change of progress even a retarded freak like President Trump can initiate by ignoring laws and precedence.  Take out the term "retarded freak" which is an extremely popular view and my own opinion of President Trump and  "ignoring laws," which is an opinion the SCOTUS will rule upon soon, and you have "Many Americans like yourself are frustrated at the slow change of progress even President Trump can initiate by ignoring precedence."

I hope this brings light to my reply for "This seems to be barely legal." with ..."That is why it is perfect for American voters." 

I used to have a admiration of the wisdom of the masses.  I used to excuse the mistake of re-electing Clinton, or Obama as mistakes that must be learned from.  Now I believe most voters are too dumb to learn from their mistakes.  Sadly both the DNC and GOP have also proven this.

Even sadder I don't get the final say.

I guess the point is that I have lost faith in the American voter to pick a leader.

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2019, 04:32:06 am »
Those pics remind me of how easily a "golden boy" in the ring can be cast out and tagged "Emanual Goldstein, the Enemy of the People."
Really?  You think he is a good man and besmeared unfairly?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2019, 04:40:27 am »
Really?  You think he is a good man and besmeared unfairly?

Please note:  I put quotations marks there for a reason.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2019, 04:47:51 am »
Many Americans like yourself are frustrated at the slow change of progress even a retarded freak like President Trump can initiate by ignoring laws and precedence.  Take out the term "retarded freak" which is an extremely popular view and my own opinion of President Trump and  "ignoring laws," which is an opinion the SCOTUS will rule upon soon, and you have "Many Americans like yourself are frustrated at the slow change of progress even President Trump can initiate by ignoring precedence."

I hope this brings light to my reply for "This seems to be barely legal." with ..."That is why it is perfect for American voters." 

I used to have a admiration of the wisdom of the masses.  I used to excuse the mistake of re-electing Clinton, or Obama as mistakes that must be learned from.  Now I believe most voters are too dumb to learn from their mistakes.  Sadly both the DNC and GOP have also proven this.

Even sadder I don't get the final say.

I guess the point is that I have lost faith in the American voter to pick a leader.

Believe it or not, with regard to your last statement, you and I are in full agreement.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2019, 06:07:13 am »

You can't vote for someone who doesn't want to run.   And pretty much now it's gotten to the point where somebody, who has a successful life in the private sector would be nuts to subject himself and his family to what the Left throw against them.    That has been the goal of the Left from day one.

What good is voting when good people don't want to run for office?

Offline verga

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2019, 11:08:14 am »
My hope, and it may be entirely futile, is that the American public will see through the crap once they get their tax returns, are off welfare, and have decent jobs.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2019, 11:14:16 am »
Show me the man and I'll find you the crime. How very Stalin.
Actually, it was his chief of the secret police, Lavrentiy Beria, who said that. Another lovely piece of work. (/sarc)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2019, 11:15:53 am »
My hope, and it may be entirely futile, is that the American public will see through the crap once they get their tax returns, are off welfare, and have decent jobs.
If it isn't already obvious to the American Public that this is a partisan witch hunt, a fishing expedition run amok, then the American people are far more stupid than I thought.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2019, 12:03:55 pm »
So the Mueller report comes up empty, and the response is to tantrum out by making sure the investigations never end.  That’s not how it works.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2019, 12:05:54 pm »
So the Mueller report comes up empty, and the response is to tantrum out by making sure the investigations never end.  That’s not how it works.
But m'am, Liberals, Communists, and Democrats always double down when they're wrong. Problem is the 'Pubbies won't call their bluff.

C S Lewis

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2019, 12:13:50 pm »
But m'am, Liberals, Communists, and Democrats always double down when they're wrong. Problem is the 'Pubbies won't call their bluff.

@Smokin Joe

I haven’t heard a single protest from anyone on the R side.  Maybe I missed it, but...
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2019, 12:17:03 pm »

This was a known quantity, leading up to the midterms. They practically ran on the investigation platform. This story was from October.

“You have take it seriously. It’s going to be all-out warfare,” said Scott Jennings, who was subpoenaed by the Senate when he worked for Republican George W. Bush and the Democrats took control of Congress. “It grinds the administration to a halt.”

[snip]

“It’s the beginning of a nightmare,” said a former Trump adviser who remains close to the White House and is familiar with the process. “The harassment, the hearings, the requests.”

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article219378465.html#storylink=cpy
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2019, 01:05:14 pm »

This was a known quantity, leading up to the midterms. They practically ran on the investigation platform. This story was from October.

“You have take it seriously. It’s going to be all-out warfare,” said Scott Jennings, who was subpoenaed by the Senate when he worked for Republican George W. Bush and the Democrats took control of Congress. “It grinds the administration to a halt.”

[snip]

“It’s the beginning of a nightmare,” said a former Trump adviser who remains close to the White House and is familiar with the process. “The harassment, the hearings, the requests.”

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article219378465.html#storylink=cpy

@edpc

Damn.  Well, they’re making good on it. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2019, 02:02:46 pm »
You can't vote for someone who doesn't want to run.   And pretty much now it's gotten to the point where somebody, who has a successful life in the private sector would be nuts to subject himself and his family to what the Left throw against them.    That has been the goal of the Left from day one.

What good is voting when good people don't want to run for office?

It's not bad enough that the left throws all that against them so the right aids and abets them all too often.  How in the hell can anyone expect a party to draw decent candidates when their own party will abandon them at the drop of a hat?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2019, 02:05:38 pm »

:amen:  Nor will they defend their duly elected candidates against contrived smear campaigns.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2019, 02:25:59 pm »
It's not bad enough that the left throws all that against them so the right aids and abets them all too often.  How in the hell can anyone expect a party to draw decent candidates when their own party will abandon them at the drop of a hat?

Such is the offspring of pragmatism. There is no principled thing to adhere to, and as such, no thing to fight for, beyond the vagaries of the pollsters.

This ain't Tom Delay's leadership anymore.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2019, 02:32:57 pm »
Such is the offspring of pragmatism. There is no principled thing to adhere to, and as such, nothing to fight for, beyond the vagaries of the pollsters.

This ain't Tom Delay's leadership anymore.

Tom DeLay is a perfect example of just what I'm talking about!  It's a crying damned shame what the establishment in Washington allowed to happen to that good man!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2019, 07:11:22 am »
Tom DeLay is a perfect example of just what I'm talking about!  It's a crying damned shame what the establishment in Washington allowed to happen to that good man!
Barry Goldwater...Joe McCarthy....and a host of others.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2019, 12:12:47 pm »
Let them do this stupid foolish act.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2019, 02:41:32 pm »
Barry Goldwater...Joe McCarthy....and a host of others.

Yep!  And they will keep right on running the play for as long as it continues to work for them!

Next selected victim, Josh Hawley, the junior senator from the state of Missouri.

https://amgreatness.com/2019/03/05/phony-constitutionalists-despise-this-freshman-senator/?fbclid=IwAR08HEc05UGerplgpIKwNJy_oXoNVqOuvrQsIN_acC6qvjcmKkWQ9jNmW6U

« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 02:47:18 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien