Author Topic: Is Dan Crenshaw the Future of the GOP?  (Read 315 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Is Dan Crenshaw the Future of the GOP?
« on: March 04, 2019, 02:39:57 pm »
The right’s newest young star in Congress offers a vision for the party somewhere between Trumpism and NeverTrumpism. But it’s not easy walking the line in Washington.

By JOHN MCCORMACK March 02, 2019

ATIONAL HARBOR, Maryland—It’s 4 p.m. on Wednesday, the first day of the 2019 Conservative Political Action Conference—not exactly a prime speaking slot—but a standing room-only crowd has gathered to hear from freshman Congressman Dan Crenshaw. While we wait for the 34-year-old Texan, who is running late due to a vote in the House, the first person I talk to at the back of the Eastern Shore meeting room is Jacob Foster, an 18-year-old high-school student at Gann Academy outside Boston, who is attending CPAC for the third time in his young life. Foster is something of an endangered species at the conference: a conservative who likes a lot of the policies advanced by President Donald Trump yet doesn’t intend to vote for him in 2020 because of Trump’s character. But Crenshaw gives Foster hope.

“The glaring difference is he’s not facing accusations of sexual assault, he hasn’t had three marriages, he didn’t dodge the Vietnam draft,” Foster says. “On policy issues, there are meaningful differences. On trade, he’s not as quick to use tariffs.”
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/03/02/is-dan-crenshaw-the-future-of-the-gop-225257?cid=apn
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Is Dan Crenshaw the Future of the GOP?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 02:42:11 pm »
We could do a hell of a lot worse!   
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Is Dan Crenshaw the Future of the GOP?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 03:07:26 pm »
Politico.  Nuff said.