Author Topic: 3.8 Million Drop Off Food Stamps Under Trump  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

3.8 Million Drop Off Food Stamps Under Trump
« on: March 04, 2019, 02:01:20 pm »
3.8 Million Drop Off Food Stamps Under Trump
Breitbart Politics, Mar 3, 2019, Katherine Rodriguez

More than 3.8 million people dropped off food stamps since President Donald Trump’s first full month in office, according to the most recent data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).

The latest USDA data revealed that food stamp participation dropped to 38,577,141 in November 2018, down by 3,899,257 since Trump took office in February 2017, when 42,134,301 Americans received food stamps through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).

Food stamp enrollment also dropped to its lowest level in a decade. The last time overall food stamp participation was this low was in November 2009, when 38,184,306 people were on the government dole, according to USDA data.

[...]

But food stamp enrollment has continued to drop under Trump’s administration partly because of the administration’s efforts to reform welfare programs like SNAP at federal and state levels of government and an improving economy spurred by Trump’s tax reform package.

Food stamp usage has also declined indirectly because of Trump’s proposed efforts to tighten food stamp eligibility among recent legal immigrants.

A recent study showed that food stamp usage among people who recently immigrated to the United States in the past five years dropped by 10 percent.

More:  https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/03/03/3-8-million-drop-off-food-stamps-under-trump/

Online rustynail

Re: 3.8 Million Drop Off Food Stamps Under Trump
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 02:11:30 pm »
Hungry children disrupt schools and shoot one another in ravenous desperation?
Walmart scooters rust as shelves go unladen.

Offline verga

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 03:19:36 pm »
3.8 million Americans denied safety net under Trump.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 03:57:00 pm »
A good start.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 09:06:25 pm »
3.8 million Americans denied safety net under Trump.

??? I'd call Trump boosting the economy and putting people back to work a pretty good safety net. 

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but for the first time in a decade, I am starting to see 'help wanted' signs around me.

Also, it has been reported that there are now more jobs then there are people to fill them. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 01:33:30 am »
Rustynail, was that one o' those haikus, or sumthin' ....?   ;)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 02:28:54 am »
NYT:  "Women and Children Hardest Hit."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 02:41:31 am »
The latest USDA data revealed that food stamp participation dropped to 38,577,141 in November 2018, down by 3,899,257 since Trump took office in February 2017, when 42,134,301 Americans received food stamps through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).

Food stamp enrollment also dropped to its lowest level in a decade. The last time overall food stamp participation was this low was in November 2009, when 38,184,306 people were on the government dole, according to USDA data.

Yet even with enrollment decreases, Department of Agriculture spending still increased.  Instead of returning the surplus funds to the Treasury, leftover food stamp money got spent on something else.  And the Agriculture Department got the same baseline budgeting increase it gets every year even though iess people received food stamps.

If the Administration was going to spend that money regardless of decreased food stamp participation, they could have at least used it to fund the wall.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 03:02:34 am »
It is impossible for me to see the drop in SNAP participation as anything but good for society.

Congratulations to President Trump for reducing SNAP participation 4 years before he was elected President, and kudos for barely improving the drop off rate since becoming President.  I would think with the dramatic reduction of welfare leeching illegal immigration over the last 2 years, the rate would be better but...almost as bad as Obama is what this President has always striven for...so mission accomplished.

Offline verga

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 03:09:31 am »
??? I'd call Trump boosting the economy and putting people back to work a pretty good safety net. 

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but for the first time in a decade, I am starting to see 'help wanted' signs around me.

Also, it has been reported that there are now more jobs then there are people to fill them.
@libertybele I ws just using a "liberal" made up headline to show sarcasm. I know I should have used the /SARC, but I really thought it was obvious.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online corbe

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 03:09:46 am »
   No I didn't read the Article, but how much of this decline is based on State Legislative initiatives and has little to do with the Administration or it's policies?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2019, 03:31:48 am »
It is impossible for me to see the drop in SNAP participation as anything but good for society.

Congratulations to President Trump for reducing SNAP participation 4 years before he was elected President, and kudos for barely improving the drop off rate since becoming President.  I would think with the dramatic reduction of welfare leeching illegal immigration over the last 2 years, the rate would be better but...almost as bad as Obama is what this President has always striven for...so mission accomplished.

How curious.  Your chart stops right before the time frame in the article.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2019, 03:37:18 am »
How curious.  Your chart stops right before the time frame in the article.
It's from wiki.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supplemental_Nutrition_Assistance_Program
Do you have an updated graph?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2019, 04:15:27 am »
It's from wiki.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supplemental_Nutrition_Assistance_Program
Do you have an updated graph?

No, but I wish I did.  I'd like a comparison between the latter Obastard years and Trump's first couple.  Is it a sharper drop off in either?
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2019, 04:33:38 am »
No, but I wish I did.  I'd like a comparison between the latter Obastard years and Trump's first couple.  Is it a sharper drop off in either?

Me too.  Does anybody at Trumpbart.com do charts?