Author Topic: At Least 14 Dead as Storms, Possible Tornados Hit Deep South  (Read 1083 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
At Least 14 Dead as Storms, Possible Tornados Hit Deep South
« on: March 04, 2019, 02:28:30 am »
At Least 14 Dead as Storms, Possible Tornados Hit Deep South
Associated Press

A sheriff confirmed at least 14 people were killed by a possible tornado in Alabama on Sunday as severe storms destroyed mobile homes, snapped trees and left a trial of destruction and weather warnings extending into Georgia, Florida and South Carolina.

Dozens of emergency responders rushed in to assist in Lee County, Alabama, after what appeared to be a large tornado struck Sunday afternoon as part of a powerful storm system raking the Southeast.

“I can say that at this time we have 14 confirmed fatalities,” Lee County Sheriff Jay Jones told WRBL-TV. “And again the search continues. We still have some people that are reported missing.”

Read more at: https://www.voanews.com/a/at-least-14-dead-as-storms-possible-tornados-hit-deep-south/4811971.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: At Least 14 Dead as Storms, Possible Tornados Hit Deep South
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 02:36:25 am »
My son and daughter were 50 miles away.  They're fine, but spent quite a bit of time in a closet.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 03:15:04 am »
My son and daughter were 50 miles away.  They're fine, but spent quite a bit of time in a closet.
@Sanguine
I’m glad to hear they’re ok
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 03:17:34 am »
@Sanguine

Thank you, me too!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 03:30:33 am »
@Sanguine

@Sanguine
DITTOS

All y'all alright down there @Sighlass ??

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 03:38:20 am »
@Sanguine
DITTOS

Yes, all we got was heavy rain most the day... (the wells will have water in the Summer)... This tornado didn't hit in the usual areas of Alabama, which is a big triangle from B'ham to Huntsville to Chattanooga TN).... but from what I have seen on YouTube, it was one mean one... Prayers for those that were in line of that killer.

Not to take away for this event, but the rains have cause one town around here to lose two major roads due to erosion under them. The mountain roads are starting to do a California slide... like I said, Mentone Alabama now only has one road leading to it in working order.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 03:42:27 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 03:39:37 am »
@Sanguine
DITTOS

Thanks, Roamer.  You stay warm.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 03:43:22 am »
Thanks, Roamer.  You stay warm.

@Sanguine Glad your love ones are ok.... like I said, that was one mean looking storm.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 03:46:06 am »
@Sanguine Glad your love ones are ok.... like I said, that was one mean looking storm.

DIL is a bit shook up, but otherwise fine.

Glad you're ok.  I didn't realize you were that close. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 03:59:40 am »
Yes, all we got was heavy rain most the day... (the wells will have water in the Summer)... This tornado didn't hit in the usual areas of Alabama, which is a big triangle from B'ham to Huntsville to Chattanooga TN).... but from what I have seen on YouTube, it was one mean one... Prayers for those that were in line of that killer.

Not to take away for this event, but the rains have cause one town around here to lose two major roads due to erosion under them. The mountain roads are starting to do a California slide... like I said, Mentone Alabama now only has one road leading to it in working order.

@Sighlass
Glad you're good. That'll be fine...
Glad the wells are fillin up. That's a fine thing too...
No mercy from me on the roads... Just commiseration.
We deal with that just about every spring up here.  :shrug:

I didn't know you were in the mountains (Appalachians I reckon, surely can't be the Ozarks).

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2019, 12:35:45 pm »
This morning, the death toll is 23.  The news said this was related to the arctic blast we in the Midwest and Northeast are getting. 

Prayers for the dead and the survivors. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2019, 02:36:41 pm »
That's horrible.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2019, 04:18:24 pm »
Donald Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

To the great people of Alabama and surrounding areas: Please be careful and safe. Tornadoes and storms were truly violent and more could be coming. To the families and friends of the victims, and to the injured, God bless you all!

7:10 PM - 3 Mar 2019 

Donald Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

FEMA has been told directly by me to give the A Plus treatment to the Great State of Alabama and the wonderful people who have been so devastated by the Tornadoes. @GovIvey, one of the best in our Country, has been so informed. She is working closely with FEMA (and me!).

6:52 AM - 4 Mar 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1102582528161001472?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2019, 11:31:23 pm »
To the great people of Alabama and surrounding areas: Please be careful and safe. Tornadoes and storms were truly violent and more could be coming. To the families and friends of the victims, and to the injured, God bless you all!

Yesterday Trump was making fun of Jeff Beauregard Sessions and folks from Alabama and today he acts like he gives a damn about Southern folks from Beauregard. The irony never ceases.