Author Topic: Texas Legislators Consider Sunday Alcohol Sales, Daylight Saving Time  (Read 730 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
NBCDFW By Julie Fine 2/27/2019

March 9 is the last day for filing most bills in the Texas Legislature. With the clock ticking, we took a look at some of the bills that have been filed so far.

HB 1325 has also been introduced to legalize and regulate hemp production and hemp derivatives, extracts and cannabidiols in the state of Texas. The legality of hemp, and CBD, in the state has been examined in a recent series of reports by NBC 5 Investigates.

Lastly, right now you can’t buy liquor in the state of Texas on Sunday. SB785 seeks to change when liquor stores can be open and when they can sell liquor for off-premises consumption.

More: https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/politics/Alcohol-sales-and-Daylight-saving-time-are-some-of-the-bills-in-Austin-506445951.html

Offline Idiot

Re: Texas Legislators Consider Sunday Alcohol Sales, Daylight Saving Time
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 07:13:16 pm »
Once they got rid of the blue laws...it's been down hill since.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Texas Legislators Consider Sunday Alcohol Sales, Daylight Saving Time
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 07:53:56 pm »
NBCDFW By Julie Fine 2/27/2019
Lastly, right now you can’t buy liquor in the state of Texas on Sunday. SB785 seeks to change when liquor stores can be open and when they can sell liquor for off-premises consumption.

I had no idea about that. We once lived in a dry county in Colorado, so my 20-something father took up golf, and drove the the course in the next county.

I got some education on Utah liquor laws a few decades back. But Utah reformed their liquor laws, in order to compete for the Winter Olympics. It worked.

Texas can begin billing itself as the all-around intoxicant vacation destiny.

"Come to Hill Country, where we have Local Craft Beer, Wineries, Live entertainment Galore, and Weed by the Texas-sized-Bale.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln