Poll

2020 Republican Candidate, President (not Trump)?

Sen. Cruz
9 (64.3%)
Sen. Rubio
0 (0%)
Sen. Sasse
3 (21.4%)
Paul Ryan
0 (0%)
VP Mike Pence
0 (0%)
Other
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: March 06, 2019, 12:40:49 am

Author Topic: 2020 Republican Candidate, President?  (Read 4542 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
2020 Republican Candidate, President?
« on: March 03, 2019, 12:40:49 am »
2020 Republican Candidate, President(Not Trump)?

If for any reason, Trump is not 2020 candidate for GOP who do you favor?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

Re: 2020 Republican Candidate, President?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 12:55:14 am »

*Hindsight is 2020
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 12:56:11 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 01:03:47 am »
Based on the trajectory of modern politics, I'll go with Dwayne Johnson.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 01:06:18 am »

*Hindsight is 2020

And this time maybe Stone and Pecker will be in jail.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 01:17:02 am »
   Trump will run again~unless~his Accountant sells him out or the dems get ahold of Tax Returns AND release them or the usual 'Live Boy, Dead Girl' scenario, all are plausible at this point in time, IMHO.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 01:27:06 am »
Interesting results so far.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 04:55:59 pm »
Cruz for sure.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 05:09:36 pm »
I like senator Cruz, but I’d like to see who else would make a run. My opinion about Cruz however hasn’t changed. His prospects of being elected nationally are poor, even against a democrat very weak on policy but strong on charisma. Unfortunately, Cruz’s lack of broad national appeal and his NBC problem are real deal breakers, in my opinion.

Btw, the title should be clearer. Is it asking who we think will jump in or who we think should jump in?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 05:12:19 pm by aligncare »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2019, 09:47:06 am »
Cruz has no character, evidence what he did to Ben Carson in Iowa.  He will never be POTUS.

Pence would be my choice.  Sadly, everyone else that might win are all part of the swamp.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2019, 06:02:14 pm »
If it's not Trump it doesn't matter who it is,because it is time for the 2nd American Revolution to begin.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2019, 07:23:58 pm »
Only way this crowd resorts to revolution will be if people are starving...literally.  Otherwise, it will remain status quo.

I had an econ professor ask day one in class....."Who here believes the super rich believe in welfare?"  Not a hand went up.

He went on, "the truly rich are strong believers in welfare because it keeps just enough food in the belly of the lower classes to make them inconsequential politically."

He was right of course, but I think politcal organizers like Obama, Soros, etc are stirring the pot in this nation, and while that has created ALL the furor here for the past six years, we will not have a revolution.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 07:37:09 pm by jafo2010 »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2019, 07:36:10 pm »

*Hindsight is 2020

@corbe yes yes yes!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2019, 08:42:13 pm »
Cruz has no character, evidence what he did to Ben Carson in Iowa.  He will never be POTUS.

Pence would be my choice.  Sadly, everyone else that might win are all part of the swamp.
I guess you missed where CNN had Carson dropping out. Cruz didn't tweet it (a staffer did, who may or may not have said anything to Cruz about it), and in the hour or so left, it likely didn't cost Carson a win (he was way too far back).

But the story changed when someone got on a train, and the little blue birdies of falsehood took over from there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2019, 10:40:56 pm »
As I recall events, Cruz doing his thing was earlier in the day, not one hour before.  And I did not hear about CNN, but any informed person in America knows not to pay them any mind.  Certainly not anyone that has a conservative mindset.

It is not only that event by the way, need I provide the list.  Worse was his behavior at the Republican Convention in Cleveland.  He did not come out to support Donald Trump, stood there with his derisive comments reflecting a sore loser.

Finally, and most recently, his narrow victory against what I consider a clown, Bozo O'Rourke.  The media and Hollyweird may love him, but he is an utter idiot.  'Let's tear down the border wall'.  He is the male version of AOC.

Sen Cruz should be happy to stay right where he is.  I see nothing else in his future.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 10:41:53 pm by jafo2010 »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2019, 03:48:25 am »

@jafo2010

and DJT and his henchmen had such sterling character.....    You sleep through the 2016 Stone and Pecker show bubba?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2019, 04:48:31 am »
Dan Crenshaw, Representative and Navy Seal, I keep up with his twitter. A very authentic conservative, not just repeating stuff we already heard on the Rush Limbaugh show. Clearly, the future of the party.  Way better.

I think Chris Christie honestly is a lot better than most of the names.

Senator Sasse is excellent as well.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2019, 07:37:17 am »
@jafo2010

and DJT and his henchmen had such sterling character.....    You sleep through the 2016 Stone and Pecker show bubba?

@catfish1957

Awww,did somebody harsh your Cruz,groupie?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2019, 12:00:40 pm »
@catfish1957

@sneakypete

Says the one with the Trump autographed kneepads.

"Harsh"?  Where is English on you seratim of languages?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2019, 12:29:02 pm »
@catfish1957

88devil

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2019, 06:10:00 pm »
Here we go again...

The night of the Iowa Caucuses, My wife and I went out to a Mexican restaurant, one we frequent quite a bit.
Carmelito's, on the corner of 99 and 90A, halfway between Sugar Land, and Richmond.
Heck, I can even tell you what I ate (becuase I usually get the same thing, anyway).
Tacos Al Carbon, Tamales, beans and rice.
CNN was on, this was early evening, no later than 7:00.
CNN said it sure looked unusual, for Carson to be flying off for a change of clothes.
The sound and the closed captioning were both on, so I heard it and read it live.

I turned to my wife and said, "Wow, sure looks like Carson is dropping out of the race."

The news didn't come from Cruz.
His campaign had just watch the same exact thing that I saw, at the same time I saw it.

Anyway, we now return you to your regularly scheduled flame wars.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2019, 06:57:36 pm »
Here we go again...

The night of the Iowa Caucuses, My wife and I went out to a Mexican restaurant, one we frequent quite a bit.
Carmelito's, on the corner of 99 and 90A, halfway between Sugar Land, and Richmond.
Heck, I can even tell you what I ate (becuase I usually get the same thing, anyway).
CNN said it sure looked unusual, for Carson to be flying off for a change of clothes.
The sound and the closed captioning were both on, so I heard it and read it live.

I turned to my wife and said, "Wow, sure looks like Carson is dropping out of the race."

His campaign had just watch the same exact thing that I saw, at the same time I saw it.

@GrouchoTex I think Cruz means cross in Spanish.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2019, 07:36:02 pm »
Here we go again...

The CNN feed (including the crawl) was the same all over. I recall the same, that Carson was prematurely announced as dropping out on CNN.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2019, 07:44:46 pm »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2019, 08:43:13 pm »
Cruz campaign accused of spreading rumors that Rubio is withdrawing
News Updated March 09, 2016
By Alan Rappeport

https://www.ajc.com/news/national-govt--politics/cruz-campaign-accused-spreading-rumors-that-rubio-withdrawing/jY75sVBi2rSxbxDd8FCAzK/

Yeah, and something happened in Hawii too I guess.

Pro-Cruz ad wrongly claims Soros backs Kasich
Posted: 9:54 AM, Mar 30, 2016  Updated: 8:54 AM, Mar 30, 2016
By: The Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — Is Democratic billionaire donor George Soros dabbling in the Republican presidential primary?

Soros is named in $500,000 worth of advertising in next-to-vote Wisconsin, with allies of GOP candidate Ted Cruz charging that he's linked to rival John Kasich. The ad hit the airwaves Tuesday and continues through the state's election next week.

Read more at: https://www.wmar2news.com/news/national/democracy-2016/pro-cruz-ad-wrongly-claims-soros-backs-kasich

Now, Dan the Man is in Texas, none of this kind of stuff, Crenshaw talked down somebody from committing suicide but I don't know the story well... and details.