Author Topic: Can Texas secede from the U.S., and other Curious Texas facts for Texas Independence Day  (Read 3530 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

There ain't a damn thing he can do about it.
This guy appears to think DC is actually important within states.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline roamer_1

It feels like 1861 all over again.

:whistle:

Except this  time the industrial weight is in the red states, most of the military is from the red states, most of the military hardware is in the red states, and damn near all of the guns.

What exactly can the US do with 1/3rd of their troops, and less than half of their hardware to put most of the continent back under their thumb?

Except this  time the industrial weight is in the red states, most of the military is from the red states, most of the military hardware is in the red states, and damn near all of the guns.

What exactly can the US do with 1/3rd of their troops, and less than half of their hardware to put most of the continent back under their thumb?
Nothing.  Absolutely, positively nothing.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline roamer_1

This guy appears to think DC is actually important within states.

I also don't think he has the slightest clue of the visceral hate that exists wrt Washington DC.
They've been all up in our business for far, far too long.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

Good luck.

Glad I'm moving.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline roamer_1

I also don't think he has the slightest clue of the visceral hate that exists wrt Washington DC.
They've been all up in our business for far, far too long.
It is one reason why Southerners voted for someone like Trump.  In spite of being a Yankee, he was the guy who promised to go up against the DC mindset.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
The federal government would care, a lot. There's no way Texas would be allowed to keep those resources.
Come and take them then...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline roamer_1

It is one reason why Southerners voted for someone like Trump.  In spite of being a Yankee, he was the guy who promised to go up against the DC mindset.

Well, all I can say is I hope they know better next time.  :shrug:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The federal government would care, a lot. There's no way Texas would be allowed to keep those resources.

No one's going to stop the Feds from removing anything they wanted to keep from their Air Force, Navy, Army and Coast Guard bases. They  can even dismantle the barracks if they so desired. There's not much to take from the National Forests, unless they harvest the trees. The Greenies would have a conniption fit if they touched one of those precious trees though.

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I see that our pet troll is on the loose again!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
No one's going to stop the Feds from removing anything they wanted to keep from their Air Force, Navy, Army and Coast Guard bases. They  can even dismantle the barracks if they so desired. There's not much to take from the National Forests, unless they harvest the trees. The Greenies would have a conniption fit if they touched one of those precious trees though.

We wouldn't need a repeat of 1861.  The United States has plenty of bases in other foreign countries.  Texas could do the same.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Good luck.

Glad I'm moving.

Please don't tell us it's Texas.  We already have too many left leaning millenials as it is.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I see that our pet troll is on the loose again!

You don't need to announce yourself. We can all see that you're here Bigun.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
See, and I was thinking someone else entirely than you two.   888mouth