Author Topic: Can Texas secede from the U.S., and other Curious Texas facts for Texas Independence Day  (Read 1122 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

• Sept 11 2001 or March 6 1836
There ain't a damn thing he can do about it.
This guy appears to think DC is actually important within states.
Yearning to stay free takes place in many ways at many different times, whether by withstanding planes or bayonets

Online roamer_1

It feels like 1861 all over again.

:whistle:

Except this  time the industrial weight is in the red states, most of the military is from the red states, most of the military hardware is in the red states, and damn near all of the guns.

What exactly can the US do with 1/3rd of their troops, and less than half of their hardware to put most of the continent back under their thumb?

Except this  time the industrial weight is in the red states, most of the military is from the red states, most of the military hardware is in the red states, and damn near all of the guns.

What exactly can the US do with 1/3rd of their troops, and less than half of their hardware to put most of the continent back under their thumb?
Nothing.  Absolutely, positively nothing.
Yearning to stay free takes place in many ways at many different times, whether by withstanding planes or bayonets

Online roamer_1

This guy appears to think DC is actually important within states.

I also don't think he has the slightest clue of the visceral hate that exists wrt Washington DC.
They've been all up in our business for far, far too long.

Offline Dexter

Good luck.

Glad I'm moving.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online roamer_1

I also don't think he has the slightest clue of the visceral hate that exists wrt Washington DC.
They've been all up in our business for far, far too long.
It is one reason why Southerners voted for someone like Trump.  In spite of being a Yankee, he was the guy who promised to go up against the DC mindset.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
The federal government would care, a lot. There's no way Texas would be allowed to keep those resources.
Come and take them then...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online roamer_1

It is one reason why Southerners voted for someone like Trump.  In spite of being a Yankee, he was the guy who promised to go up against the DC mindset.

Well, all I can say is I hope they know better next time.  :shrug:

Offline Elderberry

• Moderator SCOTUS News
  • TBR Contributor
The federal government would care, a lot. There's no way Texas would be allowed to keep those resources.

No one's going to stop the Feds from removing anything they wanted to keep from their Air Force, Navy, Army and Coast Guard bases. They  can even dismantle the barracks if they so desired. There's not much to take from the National Forests, unless they harvest the trees. The Greenies would have a conniption fit if they touched one of those precious trees though.
He who makes an attempt to enslave me, thereby puts himself into a state of war with me.

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
I see that our pet troll is on the loose again!

Online catfish1957

• Ultra-Conservative in exile.
No one's going to stop the Feds from removing anything they wanted to keep from their Air Force, Navy, Army and Coast Guard bases. They  can even dismantle the barracks if they so desired. There's not much to take from the National Forests, unless they harvest the trees. The Greenies would have a conniption fit if they touched one of those precious trees though.

We wouldn't need a repeat of 1861.  The United States has plenty of bases in other foreign countries.  Texas could do the same.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Ultra-Conservative in exile.
Good luck.

Glad I'm moving.

Please don't tell us it's Texas.  We already have too many left leaning millenials as it is.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Dexter

I see that our pet troll is on the loose again!

You don't need to announce yourself. We can all see that you're here Bigun.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

See, and I was thinking someone else entirely than you two.   888mouth
Cui bono?

Walk in Wisdom
See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

But the noble make noble plans, and by noble deeds they stand.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf