Author Topic: Can Texas secede from the U.S., and other Curious Texas facts for Texas Independence Day  (Read 3505 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Dallas News ›

Can Texas secede from the U.S., and other Curious Texas facts for Texas Independence Day
March 01, 2019

Happy Friday, Curious Texans! Texas Independence Day is Saturday. In honor of this day, we've collected our top 10 Curious Texas stories with fun Texas information and history that you can share with your friends and family this weekend:

1. Why is Texas the Lone Star State? To understand our Lone Star history, you first have to know the six flags of Texas, or nations that have controlled Texas over time: France, Spain, Mexico, the Republic of Texas, the United States and the Confederacy.

more
https://outline.com/nwthbK
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Can Texas secede from the U.S.

"There is no provision in the United States Constitution that forbids a state from withdrawing from the union," Miller said in an email conversation. "In fact, Article 1 Section 10 of the Constitution explicitly lists all of the actions forbidden to the states. Nowhere in that list is a state prohibited from withdrawing from the union. Therefore, under the Tenth Amendment that power is reserved to the states and to the people within the state."

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Of course one can leave.

Otherwise, one entered into a suicide pact by joining, and this cannot be considered a free country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I'm all for seceding.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I'm all for seceding.

It'd be a lot uglier than you think. Texas does benefit from the union whether Texans will admit it or not. There's also the issue of fed funded military bases in Texas. Oh, and if Texas left the union the liberals would take full control and then probably just reintegrate Texas by force.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 05:09:20 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
It'd be a lot uglier than you think. Texas does benefit from the union whether Texans will admit it or not. There's also the issue of fed funded military bases in Texas. Oh, and if Texas left the union the liberals would take full control and then probably just reintegrate Texas by force.

It Texas Seceded from the Union the liberal states would be so pissed that there would be no way in Hell that they would ever allow Texas to rejoin the Union even if the Texan Citizens voted to return.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

We would be fine, @Dexter

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
It'd be a lot uglier than you think. Texas does benefit from the union whether Texans will admit it or not. .

Okay, I'll play along.  List them.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
If there is nothing preventing Texas from leaving, it applies to other states as well.

How about several like minded states, forming an association and adopting a parting of ways.

Ted Cruz could lead the effort, and be the first President.

NROT for New Republic of Texas.

Now build that damn Wall.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
If Texas Secedes they should do it all own their own.

Stop building the wall. Annex Mexico instead. Stop the enticements. Work in Mexico to help the lot of their citizens. Increase the industrialization of, first Mexico, then all Central America. Entice US Businesses to build in Mexico and Central America. If their people still want to immigrate give them a pass thru to the US. But help where they live so they do not feel the need to uproot.

With the upcoming Ice Age all that Southern Real Estate is going to be so, so Very Valuable.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

The union benefits from Texas a whole heck of lot more than Texas benefits from the union. If Texas left the union, the conservatives would be in control, not the liberals.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Dexter

If Texas left the union, the conservatives would be in control, not the liberals.

The left would take control of the rest of the union and be more of a threat to your way of life than ever.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

If there is nothing preventing Texas from leaving, it applies to other states as well.

I could be wrong but I thought Texas made a different agreement.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

Okay, I'll play along.  List them.

Why did Texas join in the first place?
-Socrates

Bill Cipher

This could be amusing. 

Who cares whether there are federal funded military bases in Texas?  They exist in Texas.

I'd sure like to see what the US government can do to subdue the State of Texas to comply by force.

You have no idea what you are talking about it seems.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Bill Cipher

Why did Texas join in the first place?

‘Cause they were about to have their a$$es handed to them by Mexico. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
‘Cause they were about to have their a$$es handed to them by Mexico.

History's not your strong suit either, huh?

Offline Dexter

Who cares whether there are federal funded military bases in Texas?  They exist in Texas.

The federal government would care, a lot. There's no way Texas would be allowed to keep those resources.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 12:27:14 am by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline roamer_1

Oh, and if Texas left the union the liberals would take full control and then probably just reintegrate Texas by force.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Offline roamer_1

The left would take control of the rest of the union and be more of a threat to your way of life than ever.

Nope. Because without Texas the rest of the red states have no hope... Thus the Rockies, the Midwest, and the South would soon follow. And the desert southwest too. All that's left after that is the Yankees, the Rust Belt, and the Left Coast. And I don;t think the Rust belt would stay long either.

Offline Dexter

Nope. Because without Texas the rest of the red states have no hope... Thus the Rockies, the Midwest, and the South would soon follow. And the desert southwest too. All that's left after that is the Yankees, the Rust Belt, and the Left Coast. And I don;t think the Rust belt would stay long either.

You think Uncle Sam will allow that?
-Socrates

Offline roamer_1

You think Uncle Sam will allow that?

There ain't a damn thing he can do about it.

Offline Dexter

There ain't a damn thing he can do about it.

It feels like 1861 all over again.

:whistle:
-Socrates

The federal government would care, a lot. There's no way Texas would be allowed to keep those resources.
You are dreaming to believe Texas would cede over any land within its boundaries to a foreign entity.  The feds can take back anything not tied down that they claim is theirs.

Guess you are conveniently also forgetting the fact that Texas also contributed to 'those resources' as well as toward all the resources of the military that reside outside the state and owned by the feds.

It is a fact as well that any attempt at seizure of the property of the state by a foreign government, like the US would become, would not go unnoticed by the other sympathetic states.

Texas would certainly not be alone in fighting for freedom.