Author Topic: Meet He-She, the most unsung comic book villain ever  (Read 569 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Meet He-She, the most unsung comic book villain ever
« on: March 01, 2019, 11:29:53 pm »
Cyriaque Lamar
io9
January 24, 2012

For most comic fans, Two-Face is the gold standard for bilateral asymmetry (though I'm sure there's a small band of Ultra the Multi-Alien loyalists among you).

But did you know that there was a malefactor who debuted around the same time as Two-Face who was twice as weird? Meet Charles Biro's He-She, a bad guy whose tagline is so poetically idiotic I must quote it verbatim:

Yes, He-She's left-hand side is a femme fatale, whereas the right side resembles one of those trail-mix-faced gangsters from Dick Tracy's rogue gallery.

At this point, you're wondering why He-She has remained unheralded for the last 70 years. Let's take a look at He-She's one and only adventure in 1943's Boy Comics #9.

More

Golden Age Heroes: CRIMEBUSTER versus HE-SHE!! (an uninterrupted and slightly more complete version of the comic)

Crimebuster (Boy Comics)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 11:59:30 pm by Machiavelli »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Meet He-She, the most unsung comic book villain ever
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 11:47:10 pm »
Meet He-She, the most unsung comic book villain ever

I need new glasses. I thought it read:

Meet He-She, the most unhung comic book villain ever.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley