Author Topic: Cruz slams Democrats on border wall: They've gone ‘bat-crap crazy’  (Read 1342 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz slams Democrats on border wall: They've gone ‘bat-crap crazy’
By Tal Axelrod - 03/01/19 10:35 AM EST

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) slammed Democrats for their opposition to President Trump’s proposed border wall, saying they’ve gone “bat-crap crazy.”

Speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference Friday, Cruz told a rapt crowd that Democrats opposed one of Republicans’ signature immigration platform simply to undermine the White House.

“I think there’s a technical description of what’s going on, it’s that Democrats have gone bat-crap crazy,” he said.

“Now, their position is don’t secure the border at all, let everybody in and have amnesty,” he added. “Here’s their reasoning. Trump wants a wall, we hate Trump, therefore no wall, that’s it.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/432181-cruz-slams-democrats-on-border-wall-theyve-gone-bat-crap-crazy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@jafo2010 @Dexter

Forgive me if I remember this incorrectly, but I think both of you were accusing Cruz of being an open-borders globalist.  Or, maybe this is just a Jedi mind trick.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
@jafo2010 @Dexter

Forgive me if I remember this incorrectly, but I think both of you were accusing Cruz of being an open-borders globalist.  Or, maybe this is just a Jedi mind trick.

I accused him of being the impotent opposition put in place by the globalists.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I accused him of being the impotent opposition put in place by the globalists.

Ah, so you fall down on the "Jedi" side.  Got it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Ah, so you fall down on the "Jedi" side.  Got it.

It is beyond idiotic to accuse Ted Cruz of open border thinking.  He's a Texas Senator and well aware of the danger to the South.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It is beyond idiotic to accuse Ted Cruz of open border thinking.  He's a Texas Senator and well aware of the danger to the South.

Not only that, he has introduced a "make El Chapo pay for the wall" bill, which is backed up by very clear, Constitutional justifications, and he is one of the few Senators who doesn't shy away from discussing the problems of illegal immigration loudly and frequently. 

Offline Dexter

Not only that, he has introduced a "make El Chapo pay for the wall"

I'm sure the bill will be groundbreaking and not just a political prop.
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm sure the bill will be groundbreaking and not just a political prop.

You seem to have cut out much of my comment.  The "which is backed up by very clear, Constitutional justifications" part.

Offline Dexter

You seem to have cut out much of my comment.  The "which is backed up by very clear, Constitutional justifications" part.

It's a waste of time. Nothing will come of that bill. I'll tell you I told you so later.
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It's a waste of time. Nothing will come of that bill. I'll tell you I told you so later.

It's a deal.

Offline musiclady

“Now, their position is don’t secure the border at all, let everybody in and have amnesty,” he added. “Here’s their reasoning. Trump wants a wall, we hate Trump, therefore no wall, that’s it.”

QFT
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

Ted is absolutely correct.   The bat-crap crazy DEMS would rather Trump fail and lose the sovereignty of this country than succeed  in securing our borders for the safety and sovereignty of this country.  They are absolutely NUTS!  Yet, they talk of impeachment!  Each and every one of the bat-crapy crazy DEMS should be impeached!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/432181-cruz-slams-democrats-on-border-wall-theyve-gone-bat-crap-crazy

@mystery-ak

He's not that stupid. He HAS to known the reason they don't want the wall is because they need the ignorant peasant refugees here as new voters to vote them into total control so they,the new citizens,can get all the free stuff.

Yeah,they hate Trump,but they would hate Trump if he had no interest in building a wall. What they hate is THE WALL because it stands in their way of obtaining total dictatorial power.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Emjay

I am going to do something I don't normally do,and defend Cruz on not being so vocal about supporting the wall in the past. Primarily BECAUSE he is a Texas Senator. If he represented Maine it might not be a big deal as far as his election chances go,but if he gets REAL vocal with his support for a border wall when he is up for re-election,he just might find himself looking for a job.

I don't care how devout a believer you are when it comes to sealing the border,you can't do it if you are not holding public office.

There is just something slightly "smarmy" about him that I can't trust,though. I may be wrong,but I do get that feeling every time I see him.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ted is absolutely correct.   The bat-crap crazy DEMS would rather Trump fail and lose the sovereignty of this country than succeed  in securing our borders for the safety and sovereignty of this country.  They are absolutely NUTS!  Yet, they talk of impeachment!  Each and every one of the bat-crapy crazy DEMS should be impeached!!!

@libertybele

It has NOTING to do with Trump and EVERYTHING to do with them wanting open borders so they can import peons in to vote for them and all the "Free stuff" they promise. If it were Jesus running on a "seal the borders" ticket,they would be opposed to Jesus.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Not only that, he has introduced a "make El Chapo pay for the wall" bill, which is backed up by very clear, Constitutional justifications, and he is one of the few Senators who doesn't shy away from discussing the problems of illegal immigration loudly and frequently.

I saw in the news today that Ben Sasse is promoting the El Chapo wall also.  If those two see it as a possible solution I believe them.  Both are Constitutionalist Republicans.  They would know the legality.

Senator Sasse Co-Sponsoring Bill That Would Use “El Chapo” Drug Money To Secure Border, Build Wall

March 1, 2019 | by William Padmore

Senator Ben Sasse is co-sponsoring a new bill that would use money forfeited by drug lord El Chapo to fund enhanced security measures on the southern border.

“El Chapo is a cartel-drug lord who murdered and smuggled his way into becoming a billionaire,” says Sasse. “El Chapo is now a convicted criminal and he’s already had to forfeit his assets to the federal government. We should use those assets to secure our southern border and Make El-Chapo pay for the wall.”

Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman found guilty of all 10 charges against him in February after a three month trial.

http://www.klin.com/2019/03/01/senator-sasse-co-sponsoring-bill-that-would-use-el-chapo-drug-money-to-secure-border-build-wall/

I don’t know why the Democrats would have any problem spending El Chapo’s money, but they will.  Because they don’t want a secure country. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 01:04:08 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Couple of items

1. While it sounds good that since the Senator is from Texas so he must be against open borders, that corollary does not always come out that way.
Try this Republican congressman whose district borders the Rio Grande who actually practices open borders?  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,348369.msg1894007.html#msg1894007

2. Your statement seems to suggest only open borders threat is to the south.  Do you believe the South is the only one in danger of open borders?  I can whip up many news articles of illegals committing crimes way up north as well.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I saw in the news today that Ben Sasse is promoting the El Chapo wall also.  If those two see it as a possible solution I believe them.  Both are Constitutionalist Republicans.  They would know the legality.

Senator Sasse Co-Sponsoring Bill That Would Use “El Chapo” Drug Money To Secure Border, Build Wall

March 1, 2019 | by William Padmore

Senator Ben Sasse is co-sponsoring a new bill that would use money forfeited by drug lord El Chapo to fund enhanced security measures on the southern border.

“El Chapo is a cartel-drug lord who murdered and smuggled his way into becoming a billionaire,” says Sasse. “El Chapo is now a convicted criminal and he’s already had to forfeit his assets to the federal government. We should use those assets to secure our southern border and Make El-Chapo pay for the wall.”

Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman found guilty of all 10 charges against him in February after a three month trial.

http://www.klin.com/2019/03/01/senator-sasse-co-sponsoring-bill-that-would-use-el-chapo-drug-money-to-secure-border-build-wall/

I don’t know why the Democrats would have any problem spending El Chapo’s money, but they will.  Because they don’t want a secure country.

Good to know.

Offline roamer_1

@mystery-ak

He's not that stupid. He HAS to known the reason they don't want the wall is because they need the ignorant peasant refugees here as new voters to vote them into total control so they,the new citizens,can get all the free stuff.

Yeah,they hate Trump,but they would hate Trump if he had no interest in building a wall. What they hate is THE WALL because it stands in their way of obtaining total dictatorial power.

@sneakypete
I think it is a whole lot more simple than that: Colombian money has found its way to Washington DC

Offline roamer_1

Sure - It is confiscated money usable for police purposes... All it needs is allocated by way of the bill going through the House...

But fat chance of that ever happening.

Offline libertybele

@mystery-ak

No Ted is not stupid and he knows exactly why they hate Trump.  If Trump succeeds they lose their power.  Why then, did Trump and the GOP(e) drag their feet and not get the wall built when they held the full majority?  Sorry, but I can't fully blame the liberal leftist bat-crap crazies on that one.  That should have been Trump's and the GOP's first and foremost goal; to build the wall.  Trump won the presidency on that issue and most of the GOP campaigned on that issue; that and repealing Bammycare.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

No Ted is not stupid and he knows exactly why they hate Trump.  If Trump succeeds they lose their power.  Why then, did Trump and the GOP(e) drag their feet and not get the wall built when they held the full majority?  Sorry, but I can't fully blame the liberal leftist bat-crap crazies on that one.  That should have been Trump's and the GOP's first and foremost goal; to build the wall.  Trump won the presidency on that issue and most of the GOP campaigned on that issue; that and repealing Bammycare.

Truth.  Should have been the first thing.  Its what the people voted for.  What is happening now is the result.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Sure - It is confiscated money usable for police purposes... All it needs is allocated by way of the bill going through the House...

Sad but true.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

@roamer_1 I didn't understand that the funds would have to go through the House.  Is that correct?

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1 I didn't understand that the funds would have to go through the House.  Is that correct?

@Sanguine ...Cruz introduced a bill...  That means it has to go through the House AFAIK