Author Topic: Lynne Patton: “Michael Cohen turned on the President because Mueller threatened to throw his wife in  (Read 931 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lynne Patton: “Michael Cohen turned on the President because Mueller threatened to throw his wife in jail for up to 30 years”…
Posted on March 1, 2019   by sundance

The appearance of long-time Trump confidante Lynn Patton at the congressional testimony of former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen created a considerable stir amid Washington DC.   However, the context of her appearance takes on even more drama when considered against Patton’s Facebook post from January 18th of this year:

Lynne Patton: […] 3) Many of you may already know that I considered Michael Cohen to be one of my very best friends. Countless people can confirm that we were virtually inseparable during my employment at Trump – and that he is, single-handedly – responsible for introducing me to the Trump family and effectively changing my entire life. I would be lying if I didn’t admit that my heart still breaks for him and for his family, with whom I had grown extremely close.

4) What many of you may not be aware of is the fact that I can personally confirm that the ONLY reason Michael Cohen “turned on” the President of the United States is because Mueller threatened to throw his wife in jail for up to 30 years. Period. She is the co-guarantor of a $20M personal loan that Mueller discovered Michael secured back in 2015 by falsely inflating the value of his taxi medallions – effectively making her part & parcel to the federal charge of “Making False Statements to a Financial Institution,” to which Cohen ultimately plead guilty. This is also the reason why Cohen’s longtime taxi medallion partner, Evgeny “Gene” Freidman, was granted immunity.

more
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/03/01/lynne-patton-michael-cohen-turned-on-the-president-because-mueller-threatened-to-throw-his-wife-in-jail-for-up-to-30-years/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Mueller only handled the part concerning his false testimony regarding the Russia project. The financial aspects were farmed out to SDNY. This similar accusation was trotted out during the Flynn portion of the Mueller probe (threatening Flynn’s son) and it was shown to be complete BS, as noted by the defense attorney on pages 6 and 12 of his sentencing memo.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/12/11/politics/flynn-memo-doc-prison/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2Fsearch%2F%3Fq%3DREAD%253A%2BMichael%2BFlynn%2Bdefense%2Bteam%2Bsentencing%2Bmemo%2Basking%2Bfor%2Bno%2Bprison%2Btime
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Mueller only handled the part concerning his false testimony regarding the Russia project. The financial aspects were farmed out to SDNY. This similar accusation was trotted out during the Flynn portion of the Mueller probe (threatening Flynn’s son) and it was shown to be complete BS, as noted by the defense attorney on pages 6 and 12 of his sentencing memo.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/12/11/politics/flynn-memo-doc-prison/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2Fsearch%2F%3Fq%3DREAD%253A%2BMichael%2BFlynn%2Bdefense%2Bteam%2Bsentencing%2Bmemo%2Basking%2Bfor%2Bno%2Bprison%2Btime

So, you're making the claim that Mueller didn't threaten Mrs. Cohen?

Offline edpc

So, you're making the claim that Mueller didn't threaten Mrs. Cohen?

I’m making the claim part 4 in Ms. Patton’s Facebook post is garbage for a few reasons.

A) The financial aspects were referred to SDNY.

B) Cohen had confided in others such as Donny Deutche and Emily Jane Fox, between the time he was charged and sentenced. This is the first we’ve heard about it.

C)  The sentencing memo details his voluntary cooperation, prior to being charged, on page 4.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5348235-Cohen-sentencing-memo.html
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 04:47:35 pm by edpc »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I’m making the claim part 4 in Ms. Patton’s Facebook post is garbage for a few reasons.

A) The financial aspects were referred to SDNY.

B) Cohen had confided in others such as Donny Deutche and Emily Jane Fox, between the time he was charged and sentenced. This is the first we’ve heard about it.

C)  The sentencing memo details his voluntary cooperation, prior to being charged, on page 4.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5348235-Cohen-sentencing-memo.html

Ummm, ok, but none of the above negate the possibility. 

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Seeing Mueller cuffed and jailed would be such an enjoyable sight.

I sure bubba in cell block 9 would to love meet a prosecuting extortionist
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline edpc

Ummm, ok, but none of the above negate the possibility.

Then this should satisfy you. On Page 9, the judge specifically asks if he’s entering his guilty plea due to threats or promises. This is specifically to the perjury charge entered by Mueller, concerning his false testimony before Congress. He states ‘no.’ I’m inclined to believe a court filing over some lady’s social media post.

THE COURT: Do you understand your right to indictment by a grand jury?

THE DEFENDANT: Yes, sir.

THE COURT: Have any threats or promises been made to induce you to waive indictment?

THE DEFENDANT: No, sir.

https://assets.bwbx.io/documents/users/iqjWHBFdfxIU/rTTk2NwD_iKk/v0
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 05:22:46 pm by edpc »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Then this should satisfy you. On Page 9, the judge specifically asks if he’s entering his guilty plea due to threats or promises. This is specifically to the perjury charge entered by Mueller, concerning his false testimony before Congress. He states ‘no.’ I’m inclined to believe a court filing over some lady’s social media post.

THE COURT: Do you understand your right to indictment by a grand jury?

THE DEFENDANT: Yes, sir.

THE COURT: Have any threats or promises been made to induce you to waive indictment?

THE DEFENDANT: No, sir.

https://assets.bwbx.io/documents/users/iqjWHBFdfxIU/rTTk2NwD_iKk/v0

Edpc, I don't want to disillusion you, but you do know that Cohen is under indictment for lying? 

Offline edpc

Edpc, I don't want to disillusion you, but you do know that Cohen is under indictment for lying?

Actually, the whole point of this was waiving indictment and pleading guilty. Furthermore, he states on page 25 he’s entering his guilty plea freely, without coercion.

THE COURT: Other than what's contained in your agreement with the government, has anyone made any promises to induce you to give up those rights?

THE DEFENDANT: No, your Honor.

THE COURT: Has anyone made any threats to attempt to force you to give up those rights?

THE COURT: How do you plead to the sole count of the information --

THE DEFENDANT: Guilty, your Honor.

I know it’s really hard for some of you to get over the fact many of the people Trump chooses to surround himself with are criminals and no hardball tactics were used by the SC to secure pleas from Cohen or Flynn, but there it is. 

All it takes is a little intellectual curiosity and a couple of clicks on your favorite search engine to figure it out. No great legal acumen is required - just a refusal to believe everything you hear, especially from someone on Facebook.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 05:38:49 pm by edpc »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Actually, the whole point of this was waiving indictment and pleading guilty. Furthermore, he states on page 25 he’s entering his guilty plea freely, without coercion.

THE COURT: Other than what's contained in your agreement with the government, has anyone made any promises to induce you to give up those rights?

THE COURT: Has anyone made any threats to attempt to force you to give up those rights?

THE COURT: How do you plead to the sole count of the information --

THE DEFENDANT: Guilty, your Honor.

I know it’s really hard for some of you to get over the fact many of the people Trump chooses to surround himself with are criminals and no hardball tactics were used by the SC to secure pleas from Cohen or Flynn, but there it is. 

All it takes is a little intellectual curiosity and a couple of clicks on your favourite search engine to figure it out. No great legal acumen is required - just a refusal to believe everything you hear, especially from someone on Facebook.

15 yard penalty - another goalpost move.

Offline edpc

15 yard penalty - another goalpost move.

LOL - if you say so. The little respect I had for you has vanished. You’re more dense than osmium.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

LOL - if you say so. The little respect I had for you has vanished. You’re more dense than osmium.

Uh huh.   :silly:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@edpc

That may be the biggest lie ever told in all of history. NOBODY pleads guilty unless the courts have the good on them and they are doing it to get a reduced sentence.

No coercion,no guilty plea
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline edpc

@edpc

That may be the biggest lie ever told in all of history. NOBODY pleads guilty unless the courts have the good on them and they are doing it to get a reduced sentence.

No coercion,no guilty plea.

He was represented by legal counsel from day one. They didn’t have him locked in a room, beating and threatening him. Petrillo isn’t some random public defender or ambulance chaser. He handled the negotiations, based on what evidence he saw. Negotiations are not coercion.

They know the charges and they know the judge. It’s a simple process of examining sentencing history, with similar charges. The SDNY prosecution made a point to say he was not a cooperative witness in the traditional sense. They still recommend the full guidelines, 51-63 months, with minimal adjustment.

His attorney offered reasoning for leniency. The judge imposed a sentence of 36 months, a full 1.25 years below the minimum. Hardly a modest reduction. Taking the deal was the best option for him, despite the fact prosecutors wanted more than the judge decided. If that’s coercion, his defense must have been in on it, too, I suppose.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Going to prison for lying makes anything you say look awfully suspect. It's like the fruit of the Poisoned Tree.
His testimony before Congress was a foolish venture.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline libertybele

Going to prison for lying makes anything you say look awfully suspect. It's like the fruit of the Poisoned Tree.
His testimony before Congress was a foolish venture.

There is no way that I believe his testimony before Congress was not done in order to hopefully get a reduced sentence or some type of perk. 

Cohen, Mueller and Rosenstein ... nothing more than a tag team to try to take down our President. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@edpc

No coercion,no guilty plea

That is way too sensible, @sneakypete.  Must be some other reason he pleaded guilty.   

Offline edpc

There is no way that I believe his testimony before Congress was not done in order to hopefully get a reduced sentence or some type of perk.

Nothing he said in that hearing matters at all toward a sentence reduction. Only things he’s discussing with SDNY would and he said he couldn’t address things related to their continuing investigation.

Cohen, Mueller and Rosenstein ... nothing more than a tag team to try to take down our President.

They got together over the last decade and planned out all Cohen’s criminal activities just in case Trump got elected? You might as well include Pecker and Weisselberg in this Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Part II. After all, they have immunity and supplied corroborating evidence.

FFS.    *****rollingeyes*****

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

He was represented by legal counsel from day one. They didn’t have him locked in a room, beating and threatening him. Petrillo isn’t some random public defender or ambulance chaser. He handled the negotiations, based on what evidence he saw. Negotiations are not coercion.

They know the charges and they know the judge. It’s a simple process of examining sentencing history, with similar charges. The SDNY prosecution made a point to say he was not a cooperative witness in the traditional sense. They still recommend the full guidelines, 51-63 months, with minimal adjustment.

His attorney offered reasoning for leniency. The judge imposed a sentence of 36 months, a full 1.25 years below the minimum. Hardly a modest reduction. Taking the deal was the best option for him, despite the fact prosecutors wanted more than the judge decided. If that’s coercion, his defense must have been in on it, too, I suppose.

@edpc

Go ahead and believe whatever best suits your agenda. That is obviously what you are going to do anyhow.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

Nothing he said in that hearing matters at all toward a sentence reduction. Only things he’s discussing with SDNY would and he said he couldn’t address things related to their continuing investigation.

How do you know that what he said before Congress did or did not matter?  Quite frankly, I find it suspect that he would testify at all.  He was found guilty.  He eventually admitted to lying.  So, all of a sudden he's going to tell the truth because he's before Congress??  Baloney!

They got together over the last decade and planned out all Cohen’s criminal activities just in case Trump got elected? You might as well include Pecker and Weisselberg in this Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Part II. After all, they have immunity and supplied corroborating evidence.

FFS.    *****rollingeyes*****

No, I didn't say that at all.  Mueller and Rosenstein are up to their eyebrows in corruption; especially to cover for Clinton, Bammy and all their cronies.  They brought Cohen in, in hopes to bring down the president. 

If you recall just recently Rosenstein admitted to being asked to wear a wire in order to get 'dirt' on Trump so to invoke the 25th Amendment. BTW the GOP asked that Rosenstein testify along with Cohen - that idea was rejected.  Gee, I wonder why?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/democrats-reject-gop-request-for-rosenstein-to-testify-with-michael-cohen
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

How do you know that what he said before Congress did or did not matter?  Quite frankly, I find it suspect that he would testify at all.  He was found guilty.  He eventually admitted to lying.  So, all of a sudden he's going to tell the truth because he's before Congress??  Baloney!

I know, because nothing he talked about related to an active investigation, related to his cooperation with SDNY. If it did, he couldn’t talk about it, which he specifically said, during the session. He did identify Trump as Individual-1. That was already known from his sentencing plea. That doesn’t get him anything.

No, I didn't say that at all.  Mueller and Rosenstein are up to their eyebrows in corruption; especially to cover for Clinton, Bammy and all their cronies.  They brought Cohen in, in hopes to bring down the president. 

If you recall just recently Rosenstein admitted to being asked to wear a wire in order to get 'dirt' on Trump so to invoke the 25th Amendment. BTW the GOP asked that Rosenstein testify along with Cohen - that idea was rejected.  Gee, I wonder why?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/democrats-reject-gop-request-for-rosenstein-to-testify-with-michael-cohen

In the link you provided, Cummings states why Rosenstein wasn’t part of this hearing – Cohen’s testimony had nothing to do with him. As far as Rosenstein goes with his comments about wearing a wire, he had that discussion with the president on AF1. After giving his side of the story, he kept his job. Why, because Trump believed him over McCabe.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/410359-rosenstein-to-travel-with-trump-on-air-force-one

Do you even know what has to happen with applying the 25th Amendment? Rosenstein can’t simply go around polling members of the cabinet to ‘pull a coup.’ In order for it to be implemented and remove a sitting president for incapacity, the vice president must be involved.  Pence is never mentioned as part of the discussions. He is the only person the president cannot fire. If the cabinet was trying to overthrow him, the president can dismiss all of them, without consequence. The notion Rosenstein was lobbying cabinet members, so they could pressure the VP is utterly ridiculous. Every time it’s been mentioned, the source is McCabe. He’s, at the very least, unreliable.

That’s why Rosenstein will remain in his position into March and McCabe is hawking a book no one will read and faces criminal referral from the Inspector General.