Author Topic: De Blasio and ‘co-mayor’ wife have wasted $1.8B of taxpayer money  (Read 2867 times)

Offline mountaineer

De Blasio and ‘co-mayor’ wife have wasted $1.8B of taxpayer money
By Bob McManus
February 28, 2019 | 8:06pm
Who’s got a billion to burn?

Well, Bill de Blasio for sure.  But also mayoral spouse Chirlane McCray, who has just been revealed as a world-class boondoggler in her own right.  ...

McCray is the proprietress of ThriveNYC, a mental-health-related something-or-other created four-plus years ago to give a little heft to the conceit that Bill and Chirlane were elected as co-mayors — which is nonsense on stilts.  ...

So, ipso presto, co-Mayor Bill coughed up enough cash to break a pack mule’s back and sent it off to co-Mayor Chirlane — who then went forth to cure Gotham’s mental-illness problems.

Fast-forward to Wednesday, when the City Council was startled to discover that McCray and Team Thrive are closing in on having spent an eye-popping $900 million since the program’s inception — and nobody seems to have a clue on what.

That is, nobody appears to have kept receipts; the subways and street corners are still overrun with crazy people, and nobody in charge knows what’s to happen next. ...

Right up there with co-Mayor Bill, who started the week on his own sour note — announcing that his signature Renewal school program was closing up shop after pounding $773 million down a rathole. ...
Full story at NY Post

We need more money, Chirlane.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just build a fence around it. That'll take care of NYC's 'crazy problem'. They'll be more or less contained.

Now, I know no fence is 100% effective, but it's sure to cut down on it. ...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
De Blasio and ‘co-mayor’ wife have wasted $1.8B of taxpayer money
By Bob McManus
February 28, 2019 | 8:06pm Full story at NY Post

We need more money, Chirlane.

@mountaineer

Good thing these people don't live and rule in America,or I would be upset.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

Stop the presses! Journalists actually doing some journalism!
Chirlane McCray grilled over ‘Thrive’ initiative
By Julia Marsh
March 6, 2019 | 1:34pm

First Lady Chirlane McCray seemingly got blindsided on live TV Wednesday while promoting a plan to honor five women with new statues in each borough, when the hosts of “Good Day New York” flipped the script and began grilling her about her costly mental-health initiative.

Mayor de Blasio’s wife was caught off-guard as Fox 5’s Rosanna Scotto suddenly shifted the subject by noting recent reports about the four-year, $1 billion budget for her “ThriveNYC” program.

“We are still seeing a lot of homeless on the street. And apparently not a lot of bookkeeping from your office,” Scotto said.

“Well, that’s not true. That is absolutely not true. We have so many measures in place. And, um, you know, so many things,” McCray stammered.

Co-host Lori Stokes then demanded to know what’s been accomplished by “ThriveNYC” — which is set to receive $250 million a year going forward — and whether all the taxpayer cash “has actually been well spent.”

McCray quickly turned defensive, saying, “Well, first of all, we haven’t spent $850 million. We’ve only spent, by the end of June, we’ll have spent $560 million.” ...
New York Post

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Who’s got a billion to burn?

De mayur do.

Offline mountaineer

De Blasio inspires no one as NYC’s ‘oblivious warrior’
By Michael Goodwin
March 19, 2019 | 10:12pm | Updated

If Al Smith was, as FDR called him, a “happy warrior,” what are we to call Bill de Blasio? I nominate him as the “oblivious warrior.”

Not even midway through his second term, New York’s mayor has a strange itch for something more. Inheriting a treasury bursting with cash, he’s spending the city to the brink of disaster, and now he’s tired of the job. ...

So de Blasio searches for support and love in all the wrong places. Certain there is an audience for what he sells, he’s been going to Iowa, South Carolina and New Hampshire, testing his reception in the early 2020 states.  ...
Good grief, yet another Dem presidential candidate?  We're going to have to get another clown car to accommodate all of them.  :thud:

Entire article at NY Post

Offline Smokin Joe

Good grief, yet another Dem presidential candidate?  We're going to have to get another clown car to accommodate all of them.  :thud:

Entire article at NY Post
If they get enough will they get a second short bus, or do they finally get to ride the long one/

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

More on how well NYC is doiong:
Many of NYC’s new lactation rooms are filthy, hard to access
By Julia Marsh, Ebony Bowden and Khristina Narizhnaya
April 2, 2019 | 8:23pm

Nearly three years after Mayor Bill de Blasio crowed about passing a law requiring some government offices to provide private spaces for nursing moms, a Post probe found many of the breast-feeding and pumping sites touted on the city’s website difficult to access, sometimes filthy and in several cases completely unavailable.

Most of the spaces are even being wrongly advertised by the city as open to the public when they’re not.

The 46 lactation rooms listed online by the Department of Health as “NYC Community Lactation Spaces Open to the Public” are located mainly in welfare offices but also in museums and other government buildings across all five boroughs. ...
Full story

*****rollingeyes*****

rangerrebew

Full Media Blackout: Bill de Blasio's Wife Can't Account For $850 Million Collected From Taxpayers

Dean Garrison June 3, 2019 4.1k Views

The mainstream media in America cannot be trusted, period.

I noticed an article from The Daily Mail (UK) trending on Voat this evening and was shocked to learn that the story is actually months old, and not shocked to find that only a handful of conservative sites covered the story. It seems that Mayor Bill de Blasio’s wife (Chirlane McCray) headed a taxpayer-funded project called ThriveNYC and now she can not, or will not, account for $850 million in taxpayer money.

From The Daily Mail (published in early March):

https://freedomoutpost.com/full-media-blackout-bill-de-blasios-wife-cant-account-for-850-million-collected-from-taxpayers/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't see why this is such a bid deal. Don't we all sit something down occasionally,and not remember where we left it?

Or like the Obombers,the Clintroids,or the Bush Crime Family,just find bags of cash on their doorsteps,and not remember leaving them there?

Offline wolfcreek

It's good to be King [queen]

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Looks like the Debozo's are both good at making stuff disappear.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Full Media Blackout: Bill de Blasio's Wife Can't Account For $850 Million Collected From Taxpayers..."

Methinks the money managed to slip down into a black hole...

Offline Mod1

Moving to NY category.

Offline mountaineer

ThriveNYC lacks initiative to prevent recidivism among mentally ill
By Julia Marsh
June 17, 2019 | 8:11pm

A staggering 48% of Big Apple inmates with mental illness end up back in jail within a year of their release — yet the city’s $250 million-a-year mental health program ThriveNYC has no targeted initiatives to help them.

The startling revelation came at a city council hearing Monday about preventing recidivism for people with mental illnesses. ... More at NY Post

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
They elected him.

You reap what you sow.

Hopefully the next round of candidates for this position will be really good for the city. It deserves a really good mayor.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They elected him.

You reap what you sow.

Hopefully the next round of candidates for this position will be really good for the city. It deserves a really good mayor.

@Gefn

Nope,the population of NYC is who elects these cretins,and they are getting EXACTLY what they are voting for. If it weren't for huge chunks of this being federal money,I wouldn't give a damn,but would just look forward to the day when the "free money" runs out and the denizens take to the streets with fire and rope in riot.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
@Gefn

Nope,the population of NYC is who elects these cretins,and they are getting EXACTLY what they are voting for. If it weren't for huge chunks of this being federal money,I wouldn't give a damn,but would just look forward to the day when the "free money" runs out and the denizens take to the streets with fire and rope in riot.

I just want to see the Van Goghs at the museum before I die again.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I just want to see the Van Goghs at the museum before I die again.

@Gefn

Die again?

Sounds to me like you are poised to take over the city,and will be able to see them any time you want.

Bill Cipher

They elected him.

You reap what you sow.

Doubt it.  NYC still has quite a ways to fall again before it hits rock-bottom; Blasio is just the first big step downward.  It’ll have to get back into David Dinkins territory and the late 1970s again before things begin to improve.  On the upside though, for those with long time horizons, in about ten years it might be the perfect time again to start scooping up (relatively) cheap NYC real estate, to hold for another ten or so before it starts to return 200% or more in profit.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
@Gefn

Die again?

Sounds to me like you are poised to take over the city,and will be able to see them any time you want.

Freudian slip! Didn’t catch it @sneakypete . I wouldn’t want to be mayor. I am happy being good old anonymous instead. politicians really must love being in the spotlight and have no privacy at all.

Besides I hate giving speeches and debating
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 05:00:39 pm by Gefn »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

.... politicians really must love being in the spotlight and have no privacy at all.

@Gefn

"It's ALL about me,me,ME,DAMMIT!" are the words that should be carved on every successful politicians tombstone.

Offline mountaineer

Co-mayor McCray is such a lovely person, I thought I'd add this story to the thread:
Chazz Palminteri calls Chirlane McCray ‘racist’ over Mother Cabrini statue snub
By Carl Campanile and Jorge Fitz-Gibbon
October 6, 2019 | 2:23pm

Actor Chazz Palminteri called first lady Chirlane McCray a “racist” for snubbing Italian American icon Mother Frances Cabrini in the “She Built NYC” competition to erect statues of great women.

“Absolutely, she is being racist,” the “Bronx Tale” actor and writer said ....

The city asked New Yorkers which female greats deserved statues, and Cabrini got the most votes — but McCray and former Deputy Mayor Alicia Glen ultimately ignored the results and selected several others for the honor, leading to backlash from the Catholic community. Of the seven that were chosen, three are black — singer Billie Holiday, Congresswoman Shirley Chisholm and LGBTQ activist Marsha Johnson, a self-described drag queen who sometimes identified as a woman.

Two others being honored are abortion-rights activist Helen Rodriguez Trias and transgender advocate Sylvia Rivera — both of whom are Hispanic.  ....

Only one of the statues will honor a white woman — Katherine Walker, who kept the Robbins reef Lighthouse burning in New York Harbor for 30 years.  ... Full story
Great women: a male drag queen?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Co-mayor McCray is such a lovely person, I thought I'd add this story to the thread:Great women: a male drag queen?

@mountaineer

It only makes sense in NYC and a few other places,like San Francisco. That is were the elite forward-thinking intellectuals live,and they don't give a flip what the rubes in flyover country think. After all,they are our intellectual superiors,so why should they care?

Offline Smokin Joe

All I can say is, would Mother Frances Cabrini wish to be 'honored' with that lot? Really. In the Temple of Ba'al, the statues are different.

C S Lewis