Author Topic: Proposed bills would end daylight saving time in Texas  (Read 975 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Proposed bills would end daylight saving time in Texas
« on: March 01, 2019, 02:12:35 am »
Fox4News 2/28/2019

The debate over daylight saving time is hitting the Texas Legislature again, with bills filed in both the Texas House and Senate that would end daylight saving time.

Numerous bills have been filed to end daylight saving time over the years, but none have passed through the Texas Legislature.

The closest a bill on daylight saving time came to getting passed was in 2015, when House Bill 150 cleared a committee and reached the House floor.

For the 2019 Texas Legislature, House Bill 49 and Senate Bill 190 have been filed, with both being referred to the House and Senate State Affairs Committees.

The bills would exempt Texas from daylight saving time, including the portion of the state in Mountain Standard Time.

More: http://www.fox4news.com/news/texas/proposed-bills-would-end-daylight-savings-time-in-texas

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Proposed bills would end daylight saving time in Texas
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 03:07:08 am »
Can't happen soon enough to suit me! 

There will still be 24 hours in a day whether or not we have to mess with the clocks twice a year.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 03:28:24 am »
Can't happen soon enough to suit me! 

There will still be 24 hours in a day whether or not we have to mess with the clocks twice a year.

I can't see how it would matter much down there by you. It matters up here... Around the winter solstice up here, it is still dusky at 9am and getting dark at 4:30pm.

I'd rather leave the clocks the same and do winter hours myself, but I can see why they did it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 03:32:40 am »
I don't live in TX now (I did once for a short time), I live in AZ.  We don't do DST, and I highly recommend our system.  Especially for large states.

@Bigun
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 03:37:58 am »
I can't see how it would matter much down there by you. It matters up here... Around the winter solstice up here, it is still dusky at 9am and getting dark at 4:30pm.

I'd rather leave the clocks the same and do winter hours myself, but I can see why they did it.

888high58888

How does dicking around with clocks twice a year change that?  It doesn't!  The day is still 24 hours long no matter how you slice it.  Adjust your schedule and leave the damned clocks alone!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 03:39:30 am »
Fantastic!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 03:41:04 am »
I don't live in TX now (I did once for a short time), I live in AZ.  We don't do DST, and I highly recommend our system.  Especially for large states.

@Bigun

I know what Arizona does. My wife is from there and we've seriously considered moving there for that reason alone.  Can't do it though. puts too much distance between us and the kids and she won't go for it.  Besides that, I live in the middle of my family history on my mother's side.

- J. R. R. Tolkien