Author Topic: Judge Orders Release Of Christopher Steele Deposition  (Read 827 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Judge Orders Release Of Christopher Steele Deposition
« on: March 01, 2019, 01:36:28 am »
Judge Orders Release Of Christopher Steele Deposition
Daily Caller, Feb 28, 2019, Chuck Ross

A federal judge in Florida on Thursday ordered the release of depositions given by former British spy Christopher Steele and a longtime associate of late Republican Arizona Sen. John McCain in a lawsuit filed against BuzzFeed regarding Steele’s anti-Trump dossier.

U.S. District Court Judge Ursula Ungaro overruled requests by Steele and David Kramer, the former McCain associate, to keep depositions they gave in the BuzzFeed lawsuit under seal. Ungaro dismissed a lawsuit filed against BuzzFeed on Dec. 19, 2018, by Aleksej Gubarev, a Russian businessman accused in the dossier of using his companies to hack into DNC computers.

The depositions by Steele and Kramer, a former Department of State official, are likely to shed light on how the dossier was compiled and disseminated to U.S. government officials and the press. Ungaro ordered the documents’ release for March 14.

More:  https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/28/judge-overrules-steele-deposition/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Judge Orders Release Of Christopher Steele Deposition
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 01:39:01 am »
Wow.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 03:09:27 am »
I'm all in favor of sunshine!  Best disinfectant known to man!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 03:38:49 am »

McCain's aide fetched a copy of the "dossier" from Steele, and McCain himself handed it to the FBI.  The aide is in it up to his neck, so, yes, it needs sunshine.  This won't happen until it's appealed to a court that refuses to hear it.  I haven't read the article yet, but I would not be surprised if the Judge ordered a stay.

ETA:  It sounds like she has no intention of staying it, and this tidbit from Wiki illustrates her view about the so-called dossier:

On December 19, 2018, Ungaro ruled, in Gubarev v. Buzzfeed, that Buzzfeed had not committed defamation in printing, in full, the Steele dossier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ursula_Mancusi_Ungaro
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 03:42:58 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 03:43:51 am »
BKMK

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 10:42:42 am »
Yep!!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis