Author Topic: HOA issues fine for what it claimed was a penis-shaped outline in snow  (Read 1902 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
KUTV isn't new to Home Owners' Associations controversies, like the rule against flying the American flag except on holidays, or the homeowners in Grantsville that didn't know they lived in an HOA, but a woman in Tennessee may have the best absurd HOA story of them all.
She posted on a Reddit community dedicated to people angry about HOAs — called F%#& HOA — that she was asked to pay a $100 fine after her car let the shape of a supposed penis on on the pavement after a snowstorm.
"Your car, specifically the Honda, left this offensive image on the ground," she was told in a letter. The snow shape apparently violated a rule against "displaying offensive images or slogans."....

Pictures and more at the link:
https://kfdm.com/news/offbeat/hoa-issues-fine-for-what-it-claimed-was-a-penis-shaped-outline-in-snow?fbclid=IwAR2Qf2En93JCZ59AtPtImIdm8xY6rx0vI1rzOSqdrl8OIDKS8H1ktOP0ulw

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: HOA issues fine for what it claimed was a penis-shaped outline in snow
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 11:22:57 pm »
Rorschach test.

It's all in the eye and mind of "the beholder"...

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 11:24:02 pm »
HOA's are veiled acronym for Local Subdivision Nazis (LSN)

I am sure many of us, if we had time, could share what a nghtmare things things are.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 11:45:08 pm »
HOA's are veiled acronym for Local Subdivision Nazis (LSN)

I am sure many of us, if we had time, could share what a nghtmare things things are.

Not me.
I am as close as I have ever been right now (right across the highway), and that is too dang close.
I belong with folks with tin roofs and gravel roads that stay out of other folks' business.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 11:56:49 pm »
Looks like a dog biscuit.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 11:58:41 pm »
Not me.
I am as close as I have ever been right now (right across the highway), and that is too dang close.
I belong with folks with tin roofs and gravel roads that stay out of other folks' business.

I am deep in the East Texas Piney woods now, but during that 3 year period I was in a HOA laden subdivision......

Well.....

(1) Allowed another developer (and even supported) extension of subdivison, and allowed them not to be incorporated.  Lesser homes no doubt.

(2) Was sent a HOA violation letter after I installed a storm door to protect the wood of the front door from the elements.  Did not go thorugh the illustous Archetechial  Committee.

(3) Was sent a HOA violation letter for storing mulch in my driveway.  Didn't matter the mulch was not only bought that day, but applied to floral beds.

(4) Was sent a HOA violation letter for planting a small ornamental tree in my back yard.  Did not clear with landscaping committee.

I couldn't leave that hell hole fast enough.  All of above in a 3 year period.   9999hair out0000
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 11:59:13 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I think the kids would call that a choad.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I think the kids would call that a choad.

Either that or a Polish airliner realized they landed on the wrong runway.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That's what I see too. The HOA Nazis have dirty minds.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

Good thing they aren't my HOA.

After a block Christmas party at a house where the drinks were flowing, we went to some of the front yards, and let's just say "rearranged"  the lighted reindeer displays.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2019, 01:31:47 am »
The idea of 'punishment' is to prevent similar behavior in the future. How is this woman supposed to 'prevent' the snow from melting in a particular way? If this is not an 'act of God', then nothing is.

Speaking of God, apparently he deserves a fine as well. He seems to have a sense of humor. Can you imagine this HOA fining people for looking at the sky? OMG! OMG! What will we do? What will we do!!? NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO LOOK UP!!

Yea but seriously, this is obviously a stupid money grab. The HOA must be low on funds.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline verga

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2019, 02:05:58 am »
HOA's were invented by liberals I guess.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2019, 02:15:58 am »

Yes. I was going to say dog bone.  I can't stand the crazy in our country any more. Some mayor in S.Carolina thinks their car was HATE targeted because it had yellow pollen on it!  They said, spray painted yellow. It is close to spring time. I have flowers blooming and some cherry tree in bloom. That they live in So.Carolina and not know this, is mind boggling. Just LOOKING to make something racist when it isn't.  YELLOW POLLEN.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2019, 02:16:45 am »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2019, 02:22:34 am »
I couldn't leave that hell hole fast enough.  All of above in a 3 year period.   9999hair out0000

Ten-four.

Them poor fellers across the street pay me 300 bucks a year to park their motor homes down here on my piece... They can't have em on their own land. That's a pretty sorry thing.

And I am about to put a porch on this year, and all I did was talk to my neighbor who it faces over a beer (as a consideration)... Other than that, do you know all the people I have to go through and permits I have to get?
Exactly none.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2019, 02:33:37 am »
The ultimate sleep inducing white noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqpMuoq6Ki0
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2019, 02:39:51 am »
You pervert.

You got me there. I had to see the pic cause I had the thought I could prolly do better in my car with that fresh snow outside.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2019, 02:42:23 am »
She should come right back at them with she doesn't see a penis, just a lot of sexual harassment from the HOA board.
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2019, 02:50:00 am »
The ultimate sleep inducing white noise.

That's right. You should try it for real sometime.... Warm summer rain in a hammock under a tin roof with a jug of sweet tea... There just ain't a dang thing better.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2019, 02:52:24 am »
You got me there. I had to see the pic cause I had the thought I could prolly do better in my car with that fresh snow outside.

In the middle of the local high school football field?
yeah.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2019, 03:07:50 am »
This was a Honda. The dummies thought they were doing their Civic duty by fining the owner without reaching an Accord with no Insight.

Cause everyone knows:

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2019, 03:33:40 am »
That's right. You should try it for real sometime....
Oh man, I have tried it for real many times. Growing up we had a hunting lodge with a tin roof next to a fishing/swimming lake. Me and my family spent most of the summer there almost every year. We built a pier ourselves.

Back then yo-yos and trot lines were still Ok. Also, at night we would put a Coleman lantern on a pole out from the pier. The bugs would hit it and then fall into the water. You didn't need bait. Cast a hook under the lantern and get a strike every time.

My father had a half barrel fish frier. We caught so many fish, we would clean them, dip them in batter and corn flour, and just fry them whole. Threw in some taters and hushpuppies. To say it was 'all you can eat' is a tremendous understatement. Even with the whole extended family there, we could barely eat it all. And just like you say, ice-tea to drink, and watermelons for dessert.

That was a large part of my youth.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2019, 03:47:50 am »
Oh man, I have tried it for real many times. Growing up we had a hunting lodge with a tin roof next to a fishing/swimming lake. Me and my family spent most of the summer there almost every year. We built a pier ourselves.

Back then yo-yos and trot lines were still Ok. Also, at night we would put a Coleman lantern on a pole out from the pier. The bugs would hit it and then fall into the water. You didn't need bait. Cast a hook under the lantern and get a strike every time.

My father had a half barrel fish frier. We caught so many fish, we would clean them, dip them in batter and corn flour, and just fry them whole. Threw in some taters and hushpuppies. To say it was 'all you can eat' is a tremendous understatement. Even with the whole extended family there, we could barely eat it all. And just like you say, ice-tea to drink, and watermelons for dessert.

That was a large part of my youth.

Aw man! That's JUST it!
Same for same except I am always by a chuckling creek, And (being hi-tech) I have a bug-zapper for evening entertainment...

Did trot lines down south with my kin... Different down there. So hot and muggy that you stall mid day... But catfishin, frog-giggin, Crawdad boils, and laying up in the Mulberry branches (as big around as me), stuffed to the gills on a hot summer day... And man oh man, was rain on the tin porch roof a welcome thing down in there!

You need that back.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2019, 04:08:36 am »
You need that back.
@roamer_1
I do. But I can never go back to that time and that place. The world has changed too much since then, and so have I.
It is a nice thought, but I do not expect it to ever happen.

We would run the lines in an aluminum boat pretty much 24/7. Had a campfire going down by the lake with a coffee pot on for overnight runs. Sit around BSing and drinking until it was time for another run, about once every couple of hours.

Tried using a net once just for fun. Nets do not work very well in a small standing lake, so we gave that up.

When I was 12, my brother and I put a sinker and hooks on a line and rod. I spun the sinker over my head around and around trying to catch a bat. Surprise, surprise! We actually caught one. Then we did not have a single clue what to do with it. LOL! All we knew to do was to run away and call Dad.

Those were the days. lol. I am blessed to have lived in those times and to have had those experiences.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2019, 10:10:31 am »
Yes. I was going to say dog bone.  I can't stand the crazy in our country any more. Some mayor in S.Carolina thinks their car was HATE targeted because it had yellow pollen on it!  They said, spray painted yellow. It is close to spring time. I have flowers blooming and some cherry tree in bloom. That they live in So.Carolina and not know this, is mind boggling. Just LOOKING to make something racist when it isn't.  YELLOW POLLEN.
Pollen from Red and White Oak trees, in particular, is yellow, and if there are a lot of mature trees around, coats everything.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis