Author Topic: GOP senator: Trump emergency declaration creates 'constitutional crisis'  (Read 300 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP senator: Trump emergency declaration creates 'constitutional crisis'
By Jordain Carney - 02/28/19 02:47 PM EST

Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) on Thursday urged President Trump to reconsider his decision to declare a national emergency to construct the U.S.-Mexico border wall, warning that Trump was creating a "constitutional crisis."

"I want to make a respectful suggestion and that is that President Trump ask his lawyers to take a second look at existing funding authority that the president has," Alexander said during a Senate floor speech.

Alexander, who is retiring at the end of this Congress, outlined several concerns that he has about Trump's decision to declare a national emergency, but did not specifically say if he would vote for or against a resolution to block it, which is expected to get a Senate vote in the next few weeks.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/432075-gop-senator-urges-trump-to-reconsider-emergency-declaration
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

A fake constitutional crisis.

The real constitutional crisis was made by Congress in not doing its sworn duty and protecting America from invaders.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline berdie

The real constitutional crisis was made by Congress in not doing its sworn duty and protecting America from invaders.

I agree with that completely.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

And representing their K Street masters instead of their constituents who elected them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien