Author Topic: U.S. StratCom chief warns of need for military to 'go fast,' take smart, 'informed risks'  (Read 365 times)

rangerrebew

U.S. StratCom chief warns of need for military to 'go fast,' take smart, 'informed risks'

By Joseph Morton / World-Herald Bureau Feb 27, 2019

WASHINGTON — The head of U.S. Strategic Command warned lawmakers Tuesday that America has become too timid.

Gen. John Hyten told the Senate Armed Services Committee that the country needs to recapture the ability to “go fast,” an ability that produced the most technologically advanced military in the world.

“Over my 38 years in military service I’ve watched as our nation has collectively developed an increasingly unhealthy expectation of trying to remove all risk from everything that we do,” Hyten testified. “The challenge I’ve issued to my command is go break down the bureaucracy, take some smart risks, informed risks. ... And we have to move fast. It’s critical if we are to stay ahead.”

https://www.omaha.com/news/metro/bellevue/u-s-stratcom-chief-warns-of-need-for-military-to/article_37afee0d-af00-5cc0-8408-496a098a7277.html

Offline rustynail

" the most technologically advanced military in the world", with the most restrictive 'rules of engagement'. 
One negates the other.