Author Topic: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again  (Read 29083 times)

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Re: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2019, 12:59:06 am »
I agree!  So long as I get to determine what is or isn't stupid!

@Bigun

You just said it was up to the voters in Alabama.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2019, 12:59:47 am »

How about the first sentence of the article? It’s a lightning rod, not a lightening rod.

Judge the replies. It is both.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2019, 01:06:18 am »
@Bigun

No, you don’t.   And you should be ashamed of yourself for smearing people who’ve posted on this forum for years just because they won’t join the tiny minority who insists Moore is innocent.

I really don’t get it.  For some of you, it’s like that broke-down crooked pervert is some kind of saint.  Totally mystifying.

@QueenCatofAragon
Yes! In fact I do know that!  Since when does disagreement constitute a smear?  And you determining that someone is  a " broke-down crooked pervert" on the sole basis of outright lies and innuendo is extremely revealing. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2019, 01:08:24 am »
@Bigun

You just said it was up to the voters in Alabama.

@QueenCatofAragon

When it comes to who will represent them in the senate, that is absolutely true!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2019, 01:59:30 am »
Bigun wrote:
"Hallelujah!  I hope he does and wins!  THAT would be justice!"

Right on, Bigun.
If I were an Alabaman, I would have happily voted for him last time, and would happily vote for him AGAIN this time, in both the primary and the general !

The pansy hand-wringers in this forum last time Mr. Moore ran were enough to make one heave!

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2019, 02:10:01 am »
Bigun wrote:
"Hallelujah!  I hope he does and wins!  THAT would be justice!"

Right on, Bigun.
If I were an Alabaman, I would have happily voted for him last time, and would happily vote for him AGAIN this time, in both the primary and the general !

The pansy hand-wringers in this forum last time Mr. Moore ran were enough to make one heave!

@Fishrrman

You’re kind of mixed up.  Pansies are afraid to step away from the group and think for themselves.  There are even stronger words for people who justify perverts for political gain.

So you better be looking in the mirror, Blossom.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2019, 02:24:37 am »
@QueenCatofAragon
Yes! In fact I do know that!  Since when does disagreement constitute a smear?  And you determining that someone is  a " broke-down crooked pervert" on the sole basis of outright lies and innuendo is extremely revealing.

@Bigun

Stop it.  My post was in response to your “leftist ideologues posting here” and you know it, so don’t try that “disagreement” mess.

The vast majority understands what Moore is, Bigun.  If you got out beyond this forum and the small group who believe him, you’d see that.  Yeah, the yahoos at TOS think he’s a holy martyr.  They’re also the type of dumbbells who screech “liberal” at anyone who fails to parrot their views back at them.

When I used to lurk here, I wouldn’t have guessed you’d be part of that number, but...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2019, 02:28:35 am »
Aaaaaaaargh!  You two please don't go there again.  Please?

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2019, 02:33:30 am »
Aaaaaaaargh!  You two please don't go there again.  Please?

@Sanguine, I’m not going to litigate Moore’s case again, but when someone here is calling me a leftist—admittedly, without the nerve to name names—I’m going to call it out.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2019, 02:52:49 am »
@Bigun

Stop it.  My post was in response to your “leftist ideologues posting here” and you know it, so don’t try that “disagreement” mess.

I callum like I seeum!  If that upsets you so be it!

The vast majority understands what Moore is, Bigun.

I don't care what the vast majority thinks! I'm interested in the TRUTH!

If you got out beyond this forum and the small group who believe him, you’d see that.  Yeah, the yahoos at TOS think he’s a holy martyr.  They’re also the type of dumbbells who screech “liberal” at anyone who fails to parrot their views back at them.

If you think I'm ever going to let you, or anyone else for that matter, continue to get away with smearing what I know to be a good American patriot you are SADLY mistaken!

When I used to lurk here, I wouldn’t have guessed you’d be part of that number, but...

If you think that your opinion of me might influence what I say you are SADLY mistaken about that as well.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2019, 03:11:05 am »

I agree with what you say re: the norms of past days @Bigun .I think he was cleared of the "charges".

Although I understand that he wants to run and win to clear his name I fear that the "big guns" will come out even more determined. They want to be proved right as well.

In a way I admire his guts. It will be up to the voters of Alabama ultimately. I won't be surprised if many of them will be like a lot here....accused is guilty.

I agree with you.  The LEFT pulled a scam on him. It was a hoax by the woman.  Same baloney they tried to pin on 14 year  Brett Kavanaugh.  I don't think he is a NIGHTMARE.  That word alone is SLANDER about a man.  I can't stand how articles's
 are worded. Always NEGATIVE ABOUT ANY REPUBLICAN..esp, IF they are actually a good person.  That is how we should gauge things. The MORE MEDIA  says nasty, negatives things about republicans, the more we should KNOW that person is actually a GOOD PERSON!   The end times.   Good is made out to be bad, and bad is made out to be good. We are there.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2019, 03:16:31 am »
I'll be out for most of the day tomorrow but rest assured, I WILL be back!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2019, 03:19:25 am »

I agree with what you say re: the norms of past days @Bigun .I think he was cleared of the "charges".

As always a sensible post, @berdie

Although I understand that he wants to run and win to clear his name I fear that the "big guns" will come out even more determined. They want to be proved right as well.

Except that now Roy Moore is immune. Alabama is gonna be damn well pissed that the charges against him were all proven false, and a liberal got in because of it.

As for popularity, all one needs to do is look at his polling prior to the execution of the smear - He was skating to a win, with a mandate. With the charges refuted, he will be untouchable.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2019, 03:19:32 am »

Well, big whoop @Fishrrman  Alabamans have voted for this man three times, twice for governor and once for senator .... and guess what---they don't want him!  Let's not dissect why, let's just finally believe them.

Can we thank this man for his service, wish him well and move the hell on to a Republican candidate who can win? 

Is this really asking too much?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2019, 03:21:07 am »
I find it sad that people still don't recognize that tactics of the left. There was a smear campaign against Moore, just like Kavanaugh and others.  The way of the left is to accuse the innocent until they are guilty, lie until it's believed true and deny until they are no longer responsible.

Watch as Pelosi  gives instruction on the 'Wrap up Smear':

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMJdDwQlcc8
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 03:22:38 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2019, 03:26:07 am »
Except that now Roy Moore is immune. Alabama is gonna be damn well pissed that the charges against him were all proven false, and a liberal got in because of it.

Then now is the time to run a Republican who can win the statewide election.  Moore's had three statewide strikes, three effing strikes and you want to go for four.  Let the record show: Two of those strikes came years before the sex charges.  Moore simply is not a viable statewide candidate.  Period.

Let the man's political career rest in peace.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2019, 03:28:44 am »
I find it sad that people still don't recognize that tactics of the left. There was a smear campaign against Moore, just like Kavanaugh and others.  The way of the left is to accuse the innocent until they are guilty, lie until it's believed true and deny until they are no longer responsible.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMJdDwQlcc8

Ever notice how they all sing off of the same sheet of music?  It's like they can't have original thoughts.  Perhaps they can't!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2019, 03:29:56 am »
Then now is the time to run a Republican who can win the statewide election.  Moore's had three statewide strikes, three effing strikes and you want to go for four.  Let the record show: Two of those strikes came years before the sex charges.  Moore simply is not a viable statewide candidate.  Period.

He was extremely viable until the smear. He was coasting to a big win. So you are wrong.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2019, 03:31:13 am »

How about we let the people of Alabama decide?  Roy Moore is a citizen of that state and perfectly entitled to run if he wants to.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2019, 03:52:46 am »
He was extremely viable until the smear. He was coasting to a big win. So you are wrong.

You are absolutely right @roamer_1.  Anyone who says otherwise is revising history IMHO.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WalkingLiberty

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2019, 04:03:34 am »
Roy Moore is a fine UPSTANDING gentleman who was smeared by the left and left to hang by the gope he should be running again and i hope he does well and wins this one and can rub it right in the gope faces

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2019, 04:17:08 am »
You are entitled to your own opinions but the facts are the facts and nothing will alter them.

But you don’t know the facts of what that 14 year old went through....just your opinion about it. So what in the hell are you talking about with that inapplicable axiom?
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2019, 04:26:51 am »
But you don’t know the facts of what that 14 year old went through....just your opinion about it. So what in the hell are you talking about with that inapplicable axiom?

How do you know what I know or don't know?  I know a political smear job when I see one and will call it out for what it is every time I see it.  You can like it or not.   I don't care.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2019, 04:43:00 am »

@Bigun

I callum like I seeum!  If that upsets you so be it!

Aha, so you were being deliberately obtuse, lol.

I don't care what the vast majority thinks! I'm interested in the TRUTH!

Your concern is purely tribalistic and nothing more.

If you think I'm ever going to let you, or anyone else for that matter, continue to get away with smearing what I know to be a good American patriot you are SADLY mistaken!

I'll keep telling the truth about Moore and you will do zero about it. 

Btw, take a look at this.  What father wouldn't thrill to the sight of this 30 year old misfit coming to the door to hit on his 14 year old daughter? 

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2019, 04:55:41 am »

@libertybele

This is just amazing to me.  No, Moore is NOT "just like Kavanaugh and others."  If that's how you feel, then you're actually admitting that Republicans can never be guilty of anything--they're always innocent, always framed, always set up.  Every time someone with an R behind the name is accused of something, instead of waiting and becoming informed before making up your mind, you just automatically revert to a purely tribalistic position.

We don't do that, or at least we never used to.  We take each incident separately and we weigh the information.  We think.

Kavanaugh was clearly innocent, he really was set up.  Moore's case is completely different.