Author Topic: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again  (Read 29089 times)

Offline verga

Re: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2019, 07:40:44 pm »
Proven false!
@Bigun I might be wrong, but I thought he admitted that he was pursuing a relationship with the young lady. Please correct me with evidence if I am wrong.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 07:41:24 pm by verga »
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2019, 07:47:02 pm »
@Bigun I might be wrong, but I thought he admitted that he was pursuing a relationship with the young lady. Please correct me with evidence if I am wrong.

Not sure which you lady you are referring to @verga but, there was nothing illegal or improper about it regardless of who it was as far as I know.  if you have evidence to the contrary please present it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 07:47:41 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline verga

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2019, 08:33:03 pm »
Not sure which you lady you are referring to @verga but, there was nothing illegal or improper about it regardless of who it was as far as I know.  if you have evidence to the contrary please present it.
@Bigun
https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/woman-says-roy-moore-initiated-sexual-encounter-when-she-was-14-he-was-32/2017/11/09/1f495878-c293-11e7-afe9-4f60b5a6c4a0_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8f6068dae8ac
Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32
Aside from Corfman, three other women interviewed by The Washington Post in recent weeks say Moore pursued them when they were between the ages of 16 and 18 and he was in his early 30s, episodes they say they found flattering at the time, but troubling as they got older.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/11/10/16635442/roy-moore-hannity-interview-sex-allegations
And while he called the story “completely false and misleading,” he said he “didn’t dispute” that he used to date girls as young as 16.
But he also conceded that 40 years ago, he “dated a lot of young ladies.”

�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2019, 08:42:05 pm »
Hmm..............might Moore be a distant relative of Jeffy Sessions? Just wondering?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2019, 09:32:57 pm »
@Bigun
https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/woman-says-roy-moore-initiated-sexual-encounter-when-she-was-14-he-was-32/2017/11/09/1f495878-c293-11e7-afe9-4f60b5a6c4a0_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8f6068dae8ac
Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32
Aside from Corfman, three other women interviewed by The Washington Post in recent weeks say Moore pursued them when they were between the ages of 16 and 18 and he was in his early 30s, episodes they say they found flattering at the time, but troubling as they got older.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/11/10/16635442/roy-moore-hannity-interview-sex-allegations
And while he called the story “completely false and misleading,” he said he “didn’t dispute” that he used to date girls as young as 16.
But he also conceded that 40 years ago, he “dated a lot of young ladies.”

@verga

We've seen all of that before and my question still stands.  What was done that was remotely illegal or immoral?   The norms of forty years ago were different than those of today.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2019, 10:14:10 pm »
@verga

We've seen all of that before and my question still stands.  What was done that was remotely illegal or immoral?   The norms of forty years ago were different than those of today.

I agree with what you say re: the norms of past days @Bigun .I think he was cleared of the "charges".

Although I understand that he wants to run and win to clear his name I fear that the "big guns" will come out even more determined. They want to be proved right as well.

In a way I admire his guts. It will be up to the voters of Alabama ultimately. I won't be surprised if many of them will be like a lot here....accused is guilty.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2019, 10:18:48 pm »

I agree with what you say re: the norms of past days @Bigun .I think he was cleared of the "charges".

Although I understand that he wants to run and win to clear his name I fear that the "big guns" will come out even more determined. They want to be proved right as well.

In a way I admire his guts. It will be up to the voters of Alabama ultimately. I won't be surprised if many of them will be like a lot here....accused is guilty.

And the voters of Alabama are the only ones who rightfully have a say in the matter one way or the other @berdie.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline verga

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2019, 10:26:12 pm »
@verga

I never said it was illegal, or immoral, but I really have to question his judgment. He was jurist, and should avoid even the appearance of impropriety.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2019, 10:33:19 pm »

And, again, that is not pedophilia.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2019, 10:35:36 pm »
You are wrong. All of the women he admitted in the period in question were above the age of consent. If by "the young lady" you mean the 14 year old, he has never claimed such a thing. Your source even says so.

In fact, even Corfman herself never claimed they dated. She tried to say that he groped her against her consent, and the Post tried to package that with his dating exploits to make it look more credible. Plus, the fact that the accusation was deliberately dropped right after the Republican primary makes it look like a naked hit piece released solely for political gain and not for the release of the truth.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2019, 11:26:25 pm »
@verga

We've seen all of that before and my question still stands.  What was done that was remotely illegal or immoral?   The norms of forty years ago were different than those of today.

"....Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32."

That is quite simply, disgusting...now, then...North or South...period.

Having been alive and well at that time, I can certainly clarify that that was NOT in line with social norms. Nor would that be much of a defense even if it were...sacrificing captives was a social norm amongst the Aztecs...still not a fan, regardless.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2019, 11:29:41 pm »
" Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32."

Having been alive and well at that time, I can certainly clarify that that was NOT in line with social norms. Nor would that be much of a defense even if it were...sacrificing captives was a social norm amongst the Aztecs...still not a fan, regardless.

Why did you conveniently leave out the words I put back in?

Except for the fact that it never happened,  you might have a point.  As it is it's nothing more than a political hit job.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 11:33:01 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2019, 11:43:39 pm »
"....Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32."

And it is a lie... and NO Roy never admitted to dating her and her story now is hurting because she claimed he took her to his home (but at that time he was either living in his trailer or his home he was building and she will not testify to which it was). She doesn't have her story in tact and now is just trying to get the information out of Roy Moore (but he will not tell her). So she refused to give sworn testimony because none of the lawyers can figure out which story she is going to tell. Was it at trailer she was taken to? Or was it Roy's new house? 

The lawsuit Roy has against her is one big waiting game, she hopefully be forced to give testimony without knowing which place Roy was living at (thus a 50% chance she is automatically found a liar). Her lawyers provided by some California liberals are having a cow about Roy not giving her the info to make her lies plausible. 

Of course, that is ignoring the other crap thrown at Roy (from false ads) to lies published across the nation that Roy was banned from the local mall (another lie fully debunked).

What ticks me off is the so-conservatives still carrying the water for liberal lies... some right here on this forum. @Mesaclone
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 11:46:47 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2019, 11:46:09 pm »
And it is a lie... and NO Roy never admitted to dating her and her story now is hurting because she claimed he took her to his home (but at that time he was either living in his trailer or his home he was building and she will not testify to which it was). She doesn't have her story in tact and now is just trying to get the information out of Roy Moore (but he will not tell her). So she refused to give sworn testimony because none of the lawyers can figure out which story she is going to tell. Was it at trailer she was taken to? Or was it Roy's new house? 

The lawsuit Roy has against her is one big waiting game, she hopefully be forced to give testimony without knowing which place Roy was living at (thus a 50% chance she is automatically found a liar). Her lawyers provided by some California liberals are having a cow about Roy not giving her the info to make her lies plausible. 

Of course, that is ignoring the other crap thrown at Roy (from false ads) to lies published across the nation that Roy was banned from the local mall (another lie fully debunked).

What ticks me off is the so-conservatives still carrying the water for liberal lies... some right here on this forum.

:amen: it's maddening!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2019, 11:49:03 pm »
:amen: it's maddening!

I don't care if Roy runs or not, I am writing his name in no matter.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2019, 12:02:50 am »
I don't care if Roy runs or not, I am writing his name in no matter.

Good for you!   If I lived in Alabama I would strongly consider doing the same.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2019, 12:21:12 am »
Roy Moore, a conservative lightening rod who cost the Republican party a Senate seat in deep-red Alabama, is signaling fresh interest in mounting another campaign in 2020,

Proving once again that stupid should hurt.

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2019, 12:26:40 am »
And the voters of Alabama are the only ones who rightfully have a say in the matter one way or the other @berdie.

How many times do the voters of Alabama have to say "NO!" to Roy Moore?   So far it's three, twice for Governor and once for the Senate.    Are folks really advocating we go for four?   

Stupid really should hurt, badly. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2019, 12:33:23 am »
How many times do the voters of Alabama have to say "NO!" to Roy Moore?   So far it's three, twice for Governor and once for the Senate.    Are folks really advocating we go for four?   

Stupid really should hurt, badly.

I agree!  So long as I get to determine what is or isn't stupid!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2019, 12:36:46 am »

Stupid is going for the fourth loss with this man.  And it should hurt.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2019, 12:39:16 am »
Why did you conveniently leave out the words I put back in?

Except for the fact that it never happened,  you might have a point.  As it is it's nothing more than a political hit job.

How do you know it never happened? The girl involved sure thinks it happened. Dating 16 and 17 year olds when you're in your 30's isn't much better...and spare me the anachronistic defense.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2019, 12:45:18 am »
How do you know it never happened? The girl involved sure thinks it happened. Dating 16 and 17 year olds when you're in your 30's isn't much better...and spare me the anachronistic defense.

You are entitled to your own opinions but the facts are the facts and nothing will alter them.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2019, 12:46:06 am »

How about the first sentence of the article? It’s a lightning rod, not a lightening rod.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2019, 12:48:30 am »

How about the first sentence of the article? It’s a lightning rod, not a lightening rod.

Purposefully designed to be provocative!   As most are these days and the truth can go to hell.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2019, 12:55:33 am »
I ignore it because I know it to be a flat out LIE not the result of any hive mentality!  But you are free to continue allowing the media to tell you what to think!

@Bigun

No, you don’t.   And you should be ashamed of yourself for smearing people who’ve posted on this forum for years just because they won’t join the tiny minority who insists Moore is innocent.

I really don’t get it.  For some of you, it’s like that broke-down crooked pervert is some kind of saint.  Totally mystifying.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh