Author Topic: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again  (Read 29432 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again
« Reply #600 on: March 12, 2019, 02:06:29 pm »
@Polly Ticks

I saw the “noob” thing raise its head on a thread a few weeks ago.  Please, no.

Here?  I hope it got slapped right down. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #601 on: March 12, 2019, 02:19:31 pm »
So. NT'S ARE AGAINST ...GOD. Interesting huh?

Posting drunk isn't a good look for you...just saying.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #602 on: March 12, 2019, 02:41:30 pm »
Here?  I hope it got slapped right down.

@Sanguine

Yep, I can’t recall the thread, but it was a single post and I don’t think it was really noticed.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #604 on: March 12, 2019, 10:31:25 pm »
@Sighlass

Can we not import hackneyed TOS stuff like “blog pimping?”  Yeah, he should come on back and post, but last time I checked, this site’s rules are different, despite the fact that the old TOS groupthink standard is trying to gain a foothold here.

At least I welcomed him, you ignored 'em and only acknowledged their existence via a criticism of my term (of non-endearment it seems). Then you agreed my point was probable right (should come back and post).

I mentioned I liked their blog more than once actually (respectfully) and that it dug out things others didn't mention. I specified one example (he linked to leaked memos that talked about the Project Birmingham group evaluating their results of manipulating the voters in Alabama) and thanked them for it. @QueenCatofAragon @OldSchoolPike3Worker

I took time to read his newest link and read all eight pages (not a long read) of documents linked (basically just confirmed what came out recently that Corfman's lawyer did say some/all of those things about her being promiscuous but he also sorta lawyered-up on details when pressed). Sexton admitted he probable heard the "rumors" via a country club... I decided to look up and see if Roy was a member of a country club around then and seems he was (that does not add to Roy's defense but I tell it like I see it). Well at least Moore did frequent one at one time, can't prove membership. Seems the Country Club was the place to be back then.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 10:36:34 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #605 on: March 12, 2019, 10:53:50 pm »
At least I welcomed him, you ignored 'em and only acknowledged their existence via a criticism of my term (of non-endearment it seems). Then you agreed my point was probable right (should come back and post).

I mentioned I liked their blog more than once actually (respectfully) and that it dug out things others didn't mention. I specified one example (he linked to leaked memos that talked about the Project Birmingham group evaluating their results of manipulating the voters in Alabama) and thanked them for it. @QueenCatofAragon @OldSchoolPike3Worker

I took time to read his newest link and read all eight pages (not a long read) of documents linked (basically just confirmed what came out recently that Corfman's lawyer did say some/all of those things about her being promiscuous but he also sorta lawyered-up on details when pressed). Sexton admitted he probable heard the "rumors" via a country club... I decided to look up and see if Roy was a member of a country club around then and seems he was (that does not add to Roy's defense but I tell it like I see it). Well at least Moore did frequent one at one time, can't prove membership. Seems the Country Club was the place to be back then.

I like @OldSchoolPike3Worker's blog posts, but I sure do wish he (?) would stick around and post.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #606 on: March 12, 2019, 11:14:40 pm »
I like @OldSchoolPike3Worker's blog posts, but I sure do wish he (?) would stick around and post.   :shrug:

Might not be enough air left in the room to say much.   :shrug:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #607 on: March 12, 2019, 11:27:35 pm »
Might not be enough air left in the room to say much.   :shrug:

Have you checked out his links he posted?  There's good stuff in there.  But maybe he saw the bickering and decided to pass. :chairbang:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #608 on: March 12, 2019, 11:41:52 pm »
Have you checked out his links he posted?  There's good stuff in there.  But maybe he saw the bickering and decided to pass. :chairbang:

I saw the bickering and put this thread on ignore.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #609 on: March 12, 2019, 11:51:19 pm »
I saw the bickering and put this thread on ignore.

If 'Frank' was around, this thread would have been 'pecan pied' weeks ago.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #610 on: March 13, 2019, 01:27:35 am »

@Sighlass, I didn’t welcome him because I didn’t think he was here.  I do not have the time nor the desire to read 8 pages of rehashed Roy Moore stuff.  Like I said upthread, no one’s mind is going to be changed, including mine, by going over the details yet again. 

@OldSchoolPike3Worker, welcome.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #611 on: March 13, 2019, 08:36:00 am »
@Sighlass, I didn’t welcome him because I didn’t think he was here.  I do not have the time nor the desire to read 8 pages of rehashed Roy Moore stuff.  Like I said upthread, no one’s mind is going to be changed, including mine, by going over the details yet again. 

@OldSchoolPike3Worker, welcome.

Yeah, I was going over an old article at Al(dot)com (Birmingham Post basically) and saw he posted blog links there... So yeah, never really here is fair enough to surmise as true.

Didn't ping, not important.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 08:37:01 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online corbe

« Reply #612 on: March 13, 2019, 09:36:56 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #613 on: March 13, 2019, 10:01:05 pm »

I don't know where you found that, but it's great!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #614 on: March 13, 2019, 10:06:27 pm »
I don't know where you found that, but it's great!

I've watched it twelve times trying to see how the light green one caught the dark one.  ROFL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #615 on: March 13, 2019, 11:29:32 pm »
I've watched it twelve times trying to see how the light green one caught the dark one.  ROFL!

Perfect for this thread. The dark one (Moore) looked like he had a runaway lead. But at the end the green one catches up. If you could see a bit more of that video I bet the dark takes a mystery turn and the green one wins.

Pretty sure the "wash" that car threw up caused the leader to lose some speed.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #616 on: March 13, 2019, 11:31:03 pm »
Perfect for this thread. The dark one (Moore) looked like he had a runaway lead. But at the end the green one catches up. If you could see a bit more of that video I bet the dark takes a mystery turn and the green one wins.

That and less friction on one set of wheels.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #617 on: March 13, 2019, 11:37:04 pm »

I thought that at first, too, @bigheadfred

But in the very beginning the light green was running up the dark one's ass.  The wheel splash is inconclusive, IMO.

It appears the either:

a)  the wheel bearings on the green one were newer

b)  the dark green one had debris in it.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #618 on: March 13, 2019, 11:51:39 pm »

I thought that at first, too, @bigheadfred

But in the very beginning the light green was running up the dark one's ass.  The wheel splash is inconclusive, IMO.

It appears the either:

a)  the wheel bearings on the green one were newer

b)  the dark green one had debris in it.

Speaking of garbage we live at the end of a culdesac. The garbage truck came by and turned around. If you have extra stuff that won't fit in your big can the driver will toss it in the back. The wife was out on the porch and the truck driver got out over at the neighbors to throw some stuff in the back and slipped in the skiff of snow we got this morning. Landed on the back of his head. She said he smacked it hard. Like he had dropped a bowling ball. So she went over to help. Called dispatch for him and they sent paramedics. Got him up and sitting in the truck and took the keys until help came.

Online corbe

« Reply #619 on: March 13, 2019, 11:52:10 pm »
   I stole that off my ROCKETS Blog, we were discussing the resigning of this guy yesterday and whether he'd replace Shumper's minutes in the rotation.

Playing the NBA Champs (GSW) tonight and we've already beat them the last 4 out of 5. 
   Big Game Tonight.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 11:53:35 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #620 on: March 13, 2019, 11:53:53 pm »

Drafting.

No really... The wind is behind em and the green one is getting the push, and stealing the air from the lead.

Offline WalkingLiberty

« Reply #621 on: March 14, 2019, 12:03:41 am »
im new, hear. do all threads end up really strange like this one?  All the quibbling, and, pettiness seams funny.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #622 on: March 14, 2019, 12:06:47 am »
@corbe just brought down the entire thread

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #623 on: March 14, 2019, 12:08:07 am »
im new, hear. do all threads end up really strange like this one?  All the quibbling, and, pettiness seams funny.

Ayup!  Then they get back on topic, and so on.  We're passionate about our politics.  Go with the flow... happy77

We have wall-to-wall chitchat at The Members Lounge.  It's fun, I'm the barkeep.  Stop by!  Click the picture of Ronnie on the Home page...upper left corner holding a glass.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 12:08:58 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #624 on: March 14, 2019, 12:08:53 am »

Welcome, @WalkingLiberty?  You think we're quibbling over trash carts?  Maybe...a little.