Author Topic: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again  (Read 29366 times)

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Re: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again
« Reply #575 on: March 11, 2019, 08:09:12 pm »
One of the most illuminating revelations I ever had was also a little hard to swallow—at the time.  It was when I realized that Republicans/conservatives are as sinful as the rest of humanity.  It was a humbling conclusion to reach, because like many people who follow politics, I kind of carried around the idea that we’re a little more immune to bad behavior by virtue of the ideals and principles we follow.

But that’s the mistake.  It’s the principles themselves that are lofty, not the people who hold them.  Believing otherwise, I came to see, was arrogant.  It flew in the face of everything I’ve read in Scripture.   We’re all human, and we all pretty much suck.  I can hear the “harrumphs” starting up, but that’s just pride.  I didn’t like it either, but there it is.

That’s why, when I hear of a Republican who’s supposedly up to something, I don’t do that kneejerk thing anymore—“he’s one of our guys so he can’t be guilty, it can only be a set-up, etc., etc.”.  Sometimes it is a set-up.  Sometimes the R isn’t guilty.  But not always.  Which is why I wait for information, and will continue to do so.

But some won’t.  Because politics has become a religion.  Terror of Hillary Clinton or the next election grips Republicans to such a soul-withering degree that they panic, and they put their faith in human beings as deliverers.   In desperation, sinful people become sacred martyrs to be defended as bearers of the banners of morality.   No matter how unfit the person might be.  Because politics.

Anybody who wants to do it that way, have fun, but it’s a hard pass for me.  🤷🏻‍♀️ 
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #576 on: March 11, 2019, 08:20:26 pm »
One of the most illuminating revelations I ever had was also a little hard to swallow—at the time.  It was when I realized that Republicans/conservatives are as sinful as the rest of humanity.  It was a humbling conclusion to reach, because like many people who follow politics, I kind of carried around the idea that we’re a little more immune to bad behavior by virtue of the ideals and principles we follow.

But that’s the mistake.  It’s the principles themselves that are lofty, not the people who hold them.  Believing otherwise, I came to see, was arrogant.  It flew in the face of everything I’ve read in Scripture.   We’re all human, and we all pretty much suck.  I can hear the “harrumphs” starting up, but that’s just pride.  I didn’t like it either, but there it is.

That’s why, when I hear of a Republican who’s supposedly up to something, I don’t do that kneejerk thing anymore—“he’s one of our guys so he can’t be guilty, it can only be a set-up, etc., etc.”.  Sometimes it is a set-up.  Sometimes the R isn’t guilty.  But not always.  Which is why I wait for information, and will continue to do so.

But some won’t.  Because politics has become a religion.  Terror of Hillary Clinton or the next election grips Republicans to such a soul-withering degree that they panic, and they put their faith in human beings as deliverers.   In desperation, sinful people become sacred martyrs to be defended as bearers of the banners of morality.   No matter how unfit the person might be.  Because politics.

Anybody who wants to do it that way, have fun, but it’s a hard pass for me.  🤷🏻‍♀️

@QueenCatofAragon

This may shock you, but I don't find a thing in that to disagree with!  Nothing at all. 

All I ask is that we look much more closely at 11th-hour attacks on our nominees and require some actual PROOF before we convict anyone.  Is that asking too much?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #577 on: March 11, 2019, 08:21:45 pm »
Yep, I do, and it was pointed out it was "gloating" on that very thread. And it wasn't just two people, I linked the thread, you do your own homework for once.

Gloat - To feel or express great, often malicious, pleasure or self-satisfaction:

BTW... I think you were guest poster "Silver Pines" in that thread for those interested in where you stood.

Again proven to be a lie.

@Sighlass

I said earlier that I wasn’t going to re-visit the details of the case, because no minds are going to be changed at this point.  You’re dug in, no matter what.

But dude...your emotional prism is seriously skewing what you’re seeing on that thread.  I think you need to take another look at the definition you posted and go from there.

What did you expect non-supporters of Moore to do?  Cry?  Read the Gettysburg Address?  I’m not sure what you think would have been appropriate.  I’d be interested in hearing, though.

As for “those interested in where I stood”, I’m pretty sure everyone is aware of that so I don’t think you’re exactly providing a gotcha moment here.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #578 on: March 11, 2019, 08:26:23 pm »
@QueenCatofAragon

This may shock you, but I don't find a thing in that to disagree with!  Nothing at all. 

All I ask is that we look much more closely at 11th-hour attacks on our nominees and require some actual PROOF before we convict anyone.  Is that asking too much?

@Bigun

Thank you, I appreciate that.  And I get what you’re saying, too.  But outside a court of law, proof as defined by law isn’t always available.  So you have to weigh everything that comes out, stack it up, and go from there.  That’s just how we have to make judgments in everyday life. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #579 on: March 11, 2019, 08:30:39 pm »
@Bigun

Thank you, I appreciate that.  And I get what you’re saying, too.  But outside a court of law, proof as defined by law isn’t always available.  So you have to weigh everything that comes out, stack it up, and go from there.  That’s just how we have to make judgments in everyday life.

Exactly right @QueenCatofAragon!  I do the exact same and will continue to do so.  Maybe I've seen this lousy play effectively run more than you have but whatever the case, I'm sick of it.

And thank you!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #580 on: March 11, 2019, 08:32:39 pm »
Exactly right @QueenCatofAragon!  I do the exact same and will continue to do so.  Maybe I've seen this lousy play effectively run more than you have but whatever the case, I'm sick of it.

And thank you!

@Bigun

:beer:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #582 on: March 12, 2019, 01:44:03 am »
@Axeslinger

I love you, Axe, but considering we were fighting for slavery (at least in part according to some, and more according to others) I doubt it.

@QueenCatofAragon
Dammit Cat!  I didn’t say i subscribed to that theory about the Confederacy...i just asked if people considered it.

But really, I’m just trying to derail this thread!  It’s all part of my diabolical plan to make sure you don’t leave.   

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

« Reply #583 on: March 12, 2019, 01:51:47 am »
@QueenCatofAragon
Dammit Cat!  I didn’t say i subscribed to that theory about the Confederacy...i just asked if people considered it.

But really, I’m just trying to derail this thread!  It’s all part of my diabolical plan to make sure you don’t leave.

Nope, not derailed at all.

Honesty, Integrity, and Judge Roy Moore

By Gary Welch, National Communications Director of the Constitution Party

...."It is well known that Roy Moore was not the candidate that the Republican elitists wanted. His election was another blow to the party leaders that have taken the GOP to new lows and alienated their Republican base. Ordinary Republicans are starting to rebel against the direction that their party is taking and are fighting to elect true conservatives to office. Roy Moore was just another example of mainstream Republicans rejecting their party’s leadership choice and deciding to choose a candidate that represented their values, not the party elitists’.

The actions of the RNC (both in party leadership and government officials) clearly demonstrated to us that this was an act of political party that wanted to punish the Republicans of Alabama for daring to elect a candidate that would not “play ball” with the political elites. Roy Moore had made a name for himself in thumbing his nose at GOP leadership that failed to uphold the principles that they supposedly stood for. His election was just too much for them and they retaliated......"

https://www.constitutionparty.com/honesty-integrity-and-judge-roy-moore/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #584 on: March 12, 2019, 01:53:54 am »

...."It is well known that Roy Moore was not the candidate that the Republican elitists wanted. His election was another blow to the party leaders that have taken the GOP to new lows and alienated their Republican base. Ordinary Republicans are starting to rebel against the direction that their party is taking and are fighting to elect true conservatives to office. Roy Moore was just another example of mainstream Republicans rejecting their party’s leadership choice and deciding to choose a candidate that represented their values, not the party elitists’.

The actions of the RNC (both in party leadership and government officials) clearly demonstrated to us that this was an act of political party that wanted to punish the Republicans of Alabama for daring to elect a candidate that would not “play ball” with the political elites. Roy Moore had made a name for himself in thumbing his nose at GOP leadership that failed to uphold the principles that they supposedly stood for. His election was just too much for them and they retaliated......"

Run him for POTUS! (OK, I said that to hear some heads explode). :smokin:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #585 on: March 12, 2019, 01:57:14 am »
Run him for POTUS! (OK, I said that to hear some heads explode). :smokin:

As a dem.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #586 on: March 12, 2019, 02:01:00 am »
As a dem.
No, they have plenty of real child molesters. He wouldn't stand a chance, considering they only lied about him.

He'd definitely be better than Hillary.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #587 on: March 12, 2019, 02:06:53 am »
No, they have plenty of real child molesters. He wouldn't stand a chance, considering they only lied about him.

He'd definitely be better than Hillary.

I would only want to see them suddenly paint him as a saint.

The turpitude of the left by  the next election is going to be quite the show.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #588 on: March 12, 2019, 02:19:59 am »
I would only want to see them suddenly paint him as a saint.

The turpitude of the left by  the next election is going to be quite the show.
I believe the darkening electoral horizon of 2020 heralds what Kurt Vonnegut Jr. referred to as a "pool-pah".

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #589 on: March 12, 2019, 02:31:59 am »
If Moore wins the primary in 2020.  I think he beats Jones in a rematch.  None of those allegations were meant to stick back in 2017 which is why  they have all been refuted. Shallow accusations to manipulate voters one month before the election.

http://www.deerstandhill.com/dont-confuse-a-2020-jones-moore-rematch-with-a-repeat-of-2017/

I guess your blog I mentioned earlier shows where it was linked from and you decided to give it another plug... Come back and join us instead of "blog pimping" buddy. You have good insight sources as I mentioned earlier... We always respect good solid information even if we don't deep down care for what it says sometimes. Example I personally enjoyed reading the leaked memos (Project Birmingham) you posted. It showed how the liberals judged what worked against Roy Moore and what was a waste of their time (from a liberal perspective). It showed how they observed conservative (especially Evangelical) women would react (and how they voted third party)... It showed them celebrating over their success... It was very eye opening.

@OldSchoolPike3Worker
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 03:26:01 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #590 on: March 12, 2019, 06:56:54 am »
I know about Moore.  But all the NT's against president TRUMP need to listen to this.  11-6-2017.  It goes to Moore too. It seems one has to be a saint to run for any office, and MOORE IS INNOCENT.  So. NT'S ARE AGAINST ...GOD. Interesting huh?

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #591 on: March 12, 2019, 07:13:02 am »
I know about Moore.  But all the NT's against president TRUMP need to listen to this.  11-6-2017.  It goes to Moore too. It seems one has to be a saint to run for any office, and MOORE IS INNOCENT.  So. NT'S ARE AGAINST ...GOD. Interesting huh?

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
If God had the Nomination, I'd vote for Him.... :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #592 on: March 12, 2019, 11:18:03 am »

Roy is more of a Constipation Party candidate. A party full of whack jobs.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #593 on: March 12, 2019, 12:06:57 pm »
@QueenCatofAragon

@Axeslinger

Lol, you devil.  😂

I’ll be honest, I’m not as into politics as I used to be.  Haven’t been for a long time.  Partly because it’s all BS and nothing is ever going to change, and partly because conservatism has gone crazy in some ways—-Trump worship, Moore canonization, Qanon.  TBR isn’t my main internet hangout, but I’m sticking for now.  It looks like @Smokin Joe wants my attention so how could I leave him? 

Next up: “And just where DO you post?  DU??  OR SOME COMMUNIST SITE!?” 

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #594 on: March 12, 2019, 12:10:00 pm »

Holy crap, I’m a Satanist now!  Give it up for this one—she goes the extra mile. 👏🏻

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #595 on: March 12, 2019, 12:16:00 pm »
@Sighlass

Can we not import hackneyed TOS stuff like “blog pimping?”  Yeah, he should come on back and post, but last time I checked, this site’s rules are different, despite the fact that the old TOS groupthink standard is trying to gain a foothold here.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #596 on: March 12, 2019, 01:19:44 pm »
@Sighlass

Can we not import hackneyed TOS stuff like “blog pimping?”  Yeah, he should come on back and post, but last time I checked, this site’s rules are different, despite the fact that the old TOS groupthink standard is trying to gain a foothold here.

The day I start seeing the "I've been here since July 4, 1777, n00b" posts is the day I walk out.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #597 on: March 12, 2019, 01:22:30 pm »

The day I start seeing the "I've been here since July 4, 1777, n00b" posts is the day I walk out.

@Polly Ticks

I saw the “noob” thing raise its head on a thread a few weeks ago.  Please, no.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #598 on: March 12, 2019, 01:27:26 pm »
@Polly Ticks

I saw the “noob” thing raise its head on a thread a few weeks ago.  Please, no.

Ugh.  That is so disappointing.
I'm not arrogant to think that anyone would miss me since I rarely have an opportunity to post much on anything of substance, but that one is still a hard 'no' for me.  I guess it's a good thing I have been around less than ever the past couple of months.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #599 on: March 12, 2019, 02:00:54 pm »
Ugh.  That is so disappointing.
I'm not arrogant to think that anyone would miss me since I rarely have an opportunity to post much on anything of substance, but that one is still a hard 'no' for me.  I guess it's a good thing I have been around less than ever the past couple of months.

@Polly Ticks

Don’t you dare say that—I miss you & love to see you posting.

Hey, there’s a bright side!  As far as I know, no one’s posted the Powers Boothe “bye” meme, lol. 

Geez, TOS wore that one out.