Author Topic: Walmart is getting rid of greeters  (Read 3002 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Walmart is getting rid of greeters
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2019, 09:25:16 pm »
Excuse me, but isn't that already the job of the employees wandering about the sales floor? There has always been someone that could be called to do that, this is just more damage control for a poorly thought out cost cutting plan which backfired hugely with their customer base that saw it as greedy and hurtful to their disabled and elderly employees.

Have you been to a Walmart lately?  Very few Associates walking the floor, and even fewer cashiers.  This violates one of Sam's most important tenets:  Never more than 3 people in a checkout lane.  Mrs. Liberty has hardly ever been able to find an Associate to help her lift heavy merchandise or reach items on a top shelf.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2019, 09:26:26 pm »
Find one?  Hell if you do, they now run from you.

They do...in stark contrast to Home Depot.  At HD, they chase you. :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2019, 02:14:21 am »
The local Walmart (which I just visited today) hasn't had regular "greeters" for quite some time. However, they have a "checker" to keep an eye on what's going OUT OF the store. That person may ask to see your sales receipt and match it against what you've got.

They almost never bother me for some reason.

I've also come to use the "self-checkout" stations all the time now. I've caught cashiers making mistakes before. I'll make my own mistakes, thank you very much (and boy, do I make 'em!).