Author Topic: House poised to pass first major gun bill in a generation  (Read 624 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House poised to pass first major gun bill in a generation
« on: February 27, 2019, 08:22:56 pm »
House poised to pass first major gun bill in a generation
Legislation to strengthen background checks is expected to face stiff opposition in the Senate.

Feb. 27, 2019, 3:59 AM CST
By Heidi Przybyla

WASHINGTON — On Wednesday, for the first time in a generation, the U.S. House is poised to pass new gun control legislation.

That a pair of new bills are even getting a vote reflects a confluence of events, including a newly empowered House Democratic majority, the apparently diminishing clout of the National Rifle Association, and the activism of a generation of young Americans following years of deadly school shootings.

Democratic leaders say they have the votes to pass a bill requiring background checks on all commercial gun sales, including those at gun shows and over the internet. The bill also has five Republican co-sponsors, led by New York Rep. Peter King, who had tried — and failed — for several years to advance the bill while his party controlled the chamber.

Democrats taking control of the House has “really given it momentum. Hate to admit that, but that’s the reality,” King said in an interview with NBC News.

more
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/house-poised-pass-major-first-major-gun-bill-generation-n976526
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: House poised to pass first major gun bill in a generation
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 04:46:01 am »
And this is one of the jewels of their master plan to take the White House and Senate next year?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 04:57:05 am »
 Topic: House passes bill to require universal background checks on gun sales  (Read 153 times)

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,353138.msg1928512/topicseen.html#msg1928512

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 05:04:48 am »
Topic: House passes bill to require universal background checks on gun sales  (Read 153 times)

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,353138.msg1928512/topicseen.html#msg1928512

Well, it is NBC.

Why let a little nothing like it not getting through the Senate ruin a perfectly good bucket of slanted Salami making that America is Not slavering for?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 07:08:16 pm »
This bill does nothing but hamstring law abiding citizens if you read the details of the bill...it even criminalizes if I want to give my son a gun from my collection upon my death. You can't even let your neighbor who you're trying to teach to shoot pick up your gun and fire it at a controlled and safe firing range because it constitutes an "illegal transfer". Tell me how that will make us safer? Dems admit that they can't run these expanded background checks without making a database of all the gun owners in the country. Now why would they want to do that? You think the thugs and gang bangers in Lousiville just up the road from my house or in Colorado Springs where I'm stationed are gonna concern themselves with a background check to get a gun to kill someone? We have 16 THOUSAUND laws on the books already from the city to the federal level on gun uses and restrictions...what is one more law gonna do when we don't even enforce the ones we already have enacted? Rather than focus on enforcing existing laws or adding all necessary records to the existing background check system, anti-gun organizations want to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners. They never address where the real source of gun violence is coming from. Wonder why that is?

/rant
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 07:24:02 pm »
This bill does nothing but hamstring law abiding citizens if you read the details of the bill...it even criminalizes if I want to give my son a gun from my collection upon my death. You can't even let your neighbor who you're trying to teach to shoot pick up your gun and fire it at a controlled and safe firing range because it constitutes an "illegal transfer". Tell me how that will make us safer? Dems admit that they can't run these expanded background checks without making a database of all the gun owners in the country. Now why would they want to do that? You think the thugs and gang bangers in Lousiville just up the road from my house or in Colorado Springs where I'm stationed are gonna concern themselves with a background check to get a gun to kill someone? We have 16 THOUSAUND laws on the books already from the city to the federal level on gun uses and restrictions...what is one more law gonna do when we don't even enforce the ones we already have enacted? Rather than focus on enforcing existing laws or adding all necessary records to the existing background check system, anti-gun organizations want to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners. They never address where the real source of gun violence is coming from. Wonder why that is?

/rant

It was an excellent rant.  Don't stop on my account.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 07:44:55 pm »
It was an excellent rant.  Don't stop on my account.

I'll Second That Comment!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 08:20:50 pm »
It just irks me to no end that Liberals...hell bent on totally erasing the 2nd Amendment keep trying to convince people what they are doing is "common sense".

People who take the Libs at their word and blindly follow/repeat what the Libs say don't realize that not only will the violence and death caused by firearms won't stop...but the Libs won't stop at gun confiscation.  That's just the camel's nose under the tent flap.

Next it will be knives...then bats...pretty soon rocks will be regulated as "asasult weapons".

The ONLY way the Libs can foist their statist "utopia" on the citizens of this country is if we are completely and unequivocally unarmed.

And for those who say " but it's the gun owners that have all the guns"...I'll remind you as @libertybele pointed out yesterday and was kinda chided about...there are a lot of agencies who you think wouldn't need ammo in the amount they've stockpiled that have it ready to go if called upon.

Obama bragged about making a civilian "Army" to rival those of us in uniform.  Anyone stop to think why that is? Or why it would be needed?

There will come a day when the Dems get their way and confiscate all the privately owned guns.  There's a huge number of us in uniform that are counted among those who would be required to turn our guns in...that won't go over well with us.

So the Feds will have a contingency plan in place when we refuse to obey an unlawful un Constitutional order.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Meldrew

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2019, 08:33:59 pm »
...but the Libs won't stop at gun confiscation.  That's just the camel's nose under the tent flap.

In this context there's also the movement to lean on banks and credit card companies to stop transactions at gunstores (see NY & Gov. Cuomo).  For the children and all that. Once either social pressure or even the government itself can limit your ability to purchase guns and ammo what's left of the 2A really? And given this new tool, what will they decide is verboten next?

Also, in the back pages of Bernie's recent proclamations is the idea that we should make privatized prisons illegal. It would then be quite likely that you would be jailed for handing your friend a gun and your only redress for abuse in prison would be to the government that wrote the stupid (tyrannical) laws that put you in there in the first place. 

Good rant @txradioguy  - rock on!