Author Topic: Chris Christie: Trump’s ‘Sitting in Vietnam Right Now Fuming’ That Republicans Didn’t Defend Him at  (Read 1366 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt:

Chris Christie: Trump’s ‘Sitting in Vietnam Right Now Fuming’ That Republicans Didn’t Defend Him at Cohen’s Testimony
By Christina Zhao On 2/27/19 at 4:25 PM

“There hasn’t been one Republican yet who has tried to defend the president on the substance, and I think that’s something that should be concerning to the White House,” Christie commented.

“Why are no Republicans standing up and defending the president on the substance?” the former Trump transition official asked. “That’s either a failure of those Republicans on the Hill, or a failure of the White House to have a unified strategy with them. They knew this was coming with Michael Cohen.”

Christie continued: “And so I think it’s going to, as the day goes on, it’s going to get tired of hearing the attacks on Cohen’s credibility. He’s not a credible witness, but he does have corroboration on certain things. Where is the defense of the president?”

Read more at: https://www.newsweek.com/chris-christie-trump-sitting-vietnam-fuming-republicans-cohen-testimony-1346585

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I thought Jim Jordan did so?

I don't know what Christie is talking about...I thought the Repubs did a good job with what they were allowed to ask

Christie is a shit disturber...gets him in the news
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online corbe

I disagree, the Reps did a slice an dice on Cohen that is unprecedented, even so far as getting him to disallow the opportunity, under Oath, to feed his wife and kids when he gets out.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

I thought Jim Jordan did so?
@Sanguine
@mystery-ak

No, think about it.  Jordan tried to discredit Cohen, but did not defend Trump on any of the charges, such as perhaps saying, "Trump could not have done that, due to...". He only attacked Cohen's credibility, staying with Cohen lying before.  See the difference?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 12:06:17 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine
@mystery-ak

No, think about it.  Jordan tried to discredit Cohen, but did not defend Trump on any of the charges, such as perhaps saying, "Trump could not have done that, due to...". He only attacked Cohen's credibility, staying with Cohen lying before.  See the difference?

But, he didn't need to say anything.  Seems like a distinction without a difference.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

@Sanguine
@mystery-ak

goopo

Offline Victoria33

goopo
@Once-Ler

You see the difference.  Most, maybe all, not sure, of the Republicans didn't even mention Trump's name in their attack on Cohen being a liar.  I think that is what Christie meant, defend Trump as well as beat on Cohen.

Offline skeeter

@Sanguine
@mystery-ak

What should they have said - "he is not a 'racist, con man or cheat'"?

There was nothing the GOP could do but re-iterate that Cohen is a proven liar. Thats all they needed to do.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Once-Ler

You see the difference.  Most, maybe all, not sure, of the Republicans didn't even mention Trump's name in their attack on Cohen being a liar.  I think that is what Christie meant, defend Trump as well as beat on Cohen.

Oh, I see the difference, @Victoria33.  I just don't think there is any meaning to it.  But, that might be because I saw Jim Jordan on the news and he was  definitely defending Trump.   

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Rep Jordan was brilliant.  Most of the Republicans left one with the reinforced opinion that Cohen was pond scum and doing what he is doing to get a lighter sentence.

I thought Cohen's answers reinforced the fact there was no collusion with the Russians.  I think the Dems were foolish today, and folks like Schiff singing the same nonsense did no good for their position. 

Offline Mesaclone

@Once-Ler

Its a silly argument. The point of the GOP congressmen is that everything out of Cohen's mouth is almost certainly a lie...and that point by its nature is a complete defense of the President. Better yet, in making that argument the GOP also highlights the absurd desperation of the Dems in the sad pursuit of the president. The Dems have been made to look like comical buffoons and its a beautiful thing to watch, and what Christie doesn't get is that it could not have gone better if you're President Trump.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Its a silly argument. The point of the GOP congressmen is that everything out of Cohen's mouth is almost certainly a lie...and that point by its nature is a complete defense of the President. Better yet, in making that argument the GOP also highlights the absurd desperation of the Dems in the sad pursuit of the president. The Dems have been made to look like comical buffoons and its a beautiful thing to watch, and what Christie doesn't get is that it could not have gone better if you're President Trump.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Excerpt:There hasn’t been one Republican yet who has tried to defend the president on the substance, and I think that’s something that should be concerning to the White House,” Christie commented.

“Why are no Republicans standing up and defending the president on the substance?” the former Trump transition official asked. “That’s either a failure of those Republicans on the Hill, or a failure of the White House to have a unified strategy with them. They knew this was coming with Michael Cohen.”

Christie continued: “And so I think it’s going to, as the day goes on, it’s going to get tired of hearing the attacks on Cohen’s credibility. He’s not a credible witness, but he does have corroboration on certain things. Where is the defense of the president?”

Read more at: https://www.newsweek.com/chris-christie-trump-sitting-vietnam-fuming-republicans-cohen-testimony-1346585

Yeah,yeah,yeah. If ONLY there were some fat,bloviating,self-serviing political creature from the northeast that we could call on to enter the WH and heal the nation! Maybe one with experience as a Governor of one of the most corrupt states in the nation?

Where,or where could we find such a person?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
   I disagree, the Reps did a slice an dice on Cohen that is unprecedented, even so far as getting him to disallow the opportunity, under Oath, to feed his wife and kids when he gets out.

@corbe

Da poor bay-bay!

And such an HONEST lad,too!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Sanguine
@mystery-ak

@Victoria33

You DO understand they each have a time limit on how long they can speak,right? The prime concern was to prove Cohen wasn't credible as a witness because he was lying to protect himself from the longer criminal sentence he deserved,so they had to spend their time on that. Even then there was at least one example of Jabba the Hut cutting off the end of a question when Gowdy or Jordon was searching for an exact quote in their notes.

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33   You DO understand they each have a time limit on how long they can speak,right?
@sneakypete

Yes, each one had five minutes.  A number of them did not ask Cohen a question, they just hammed Cohen for being a liar for their entire five minutes.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
In today's nasty environment it is way easier to attack rather than defend.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Victoria33

You DO understand they each have a time limit on how long they can speak,right? The prime concern was to prove Cohen wasn't credible as a witness because he was lying to protect himself from the longer criminal sentence he deserved,so they had to spend their time on that. Even then there was at least one example of Jabba the Hut cutting off the end of a question when Gowdy or Jordon was searching for an exact quote in their notes.

They were also limited to subject matter defined by Cummings.  They were not allowed to ask the questions they should have asked.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They were also limited to subject matter defined by Cummings.  They were not allowed to ask the questions they should have asked.

@Cyber Liberty

Am I the only one shocked by how alert Cummings seemed to be? I  have seen and heard him speak a bunch of times in the past,and he might as well have been a stuffed animal. Am I the only one wondering if he had a "ear bud" and someone telling him what to say?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Am I the only one wondering if he had a "ear bud" and someone telling him what to say?

You probably are, but you could always ask his friend, Meadows.

“I totally agree, Sean,” Meadows said. “I don’t mind saying that not only is [Cummings] a friend, but he was a gentleman today in the way that he came to my defense.”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/27/meadows-tlaib-cohen-hearing-hannity/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Am I the only one shocked by how alert Cummings seemed to be? I  have seen and heard him speak a bunch of times in the past,and he might as well have been a stuffed animal. Am I the only one wondering if he had a "ear bud" and someone telling him what to say?

He shouts all the time, so I don't know about any "buds." :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Absalom

I don't know what Christie is talking about...I thought the Repubs did a good job with what they were allowed to ask

Christie is a shit disturber...gets him in the news
-------------------------
Agreed.