Author Topic: House passes bill to require universal background checks on gun sales  (Read 16853 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: House passes bill to require universal background checks on gun sales
« Reply #250 on: March 08, 2019, 08:40:18 pm »
You seek the world as you wish it to be, not as it is.   For a taste of the latter, read the dissenting opinions in Heller and know just how fragile the individual RKBA really is.

Just had to go do it, didn't you?

RKBA itself is solid as Gibraltar.

How it hits the street, thanks to chiseling Lawyers, is another story.

Constitution and Amendments are a written Document, their meaning doesn't change.

Neither does the Non interpretable Meaning of their plain and straightforward English.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 08:40:58 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #251 on: March 08, 2019, 08:49:57 pm »
Just had to go do it, didn't you?

RKBA itself is solid as Gibraltar.

How it hits the street, thanks to chiseling Lawyers, is another story.

Constitution and Amendments are a written Document, their meaning doesn't change.

Neither does the Non interpretable Meaning of their plain and straightforward English.

I give up.   I'm just banging my head against the wall dealing with bullheaded ignorance like this.   

Have a nice weekend.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #252 on: March 08, 2019, 08:53:49 pm »

And they're winning.

Yes, they are.   And we make it easy for them,  by continuing to indulge in fantasies about citizens using guns to confront government tyranny.   

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #253 on: March 08, 2019, 08:55:24 pm »
If I may, the Left doesn't see the world as it is either. They see it as they want it to see it and then try to make it happen.

And they're winning.

You say that like it's a problem.  /s
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #254 on: March 08, 2019, 09:07:30 pm »
But, but, but, It's just common sense legislation, how could it go wrong. It would NEVER interfere with the right of law abiding citizens.
Shall not be infringed. any and I mean ANY D@MN thing that prevents law abiding citizens from obtaining, or in any way restricts their purchase, ownership, or use of, is an infringement.

The Founders were well familiar with human nature. They did not live in a vacuum.

Pelosi, Schumer, DiFi, Holder, Obama, they knew these clowns like the back of their hands.

That's Why they were so Specific in the phraseology and content of our Founding Documents.

The Clowns I just mentioned are not new to the last century.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #255 on: March 08, 2019, 10:01:45 pm »
Yes, they are.   And we make it easy for them,  by continuing to indulge in fantasies about citizens using guns to confront government tyranny.
The time to confront Government Tyranny is always now. Especially when this is still a war of words, when the epithet is the worst thing hurled.

Don't forget this country started because people used guns to confront Government tyranny, when all avenues of political approach had failed.

Yes, those citizens were trained later, and we got help from the French, among others, which kept Cornwallis' troops from evacuating Yorktown by sea, but those citizens won. The decisive weapons were not the muskets the British used, but the rifles the Colonists used which were the battle rifles of their day. THat is the very class of weapons that many in our Government would unconstitutionally deny us.

This nonsense of infringing the Second Amendment has only created a class of criminals with a decided firepower advantage over the law abiding in virtually every jurisdiction. With nothing to lose, the criminals may own anything they can get their hands on, and have the means to do so.
With everything to lose, and attempting to remain compliant with the law, the law abiding people are hobbled, are told they cannot own the same weapons the criminals possess, and are left 'outgunned', as the police are so fond of saying. The exceptions in those laws are for police and active duty military, and leave the citizen in the worst legal position, even if they manage to obtain permits, etc.

Every new law only puts the citizenry who comply at a greater disadvantage. This is why that Right of the People was not to be infringed. Every citizen who quietly fails to comply for the purpose of being better armed, risks losing all they own and being branded a criminal. Anyone who might possess arms which do not comply with present law where they are is either forced to move, to run the risk, or surrender items they will never get back--to forcibly divest themselves of property without compensation or with little compensation without having ever been convicted of a crime.
Moving target gun laws only create a new class of criminal every time something else is banned.

We will really find out in a couple of weeks when the bump stock ban, a ban based on a lie, goes into effect.

The bump stock does not materially alter the function of the weapon, it just makes pulling the trigger once per round a very efficient process. It does not permit the weapon to fire fully automatic (one squeeze of the trigger causing the weapon to fire more than once), but enables the user to squeeze the trigger at an optimal rate, once per round fired, making the rate of fire faster than the user might be able to do without it.
Considering the questionable nature of the incident, the general absence of reports, and serious questions about multiple shooters, the Las Vegas incident leaves a lot of questions in the minds of average gun owners who are going to be affected by this legal fallout from the incident.
Are they going to just give them up? Without compensation?--and some 500,000 of them have been sold since the devices went on the market in 2010.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #256 on: March 08, 2019, 10:24:05 pm »
No that's not the end of it.   God can't protect and secure your rights.   That's the purpose of the Constitution, as amended by the Bill of Rights.   Problem is, the 2A's plain language limited its application to the citizen militia,  not the "God given" right of individual self-defense.   It took the Heller opinion to confirm that the Constitution secures and protects that individual right.   Yes, it took the decision of a majority of unelected judges.   And a different future majority can take it away.   So that's why I advocate codifying the individual right.   Go ahead and reject my advice - but don't blame me when a future court decides the 2A has nothing to do with your guns.     
Funny, isn't it that the God who created all of our rights you feel is limited and needs to 'be helped out'.

One day you will find out to your chagrin that He is indeed not limited by you or any other person just because you believe it.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #257 on: March 08, 2019, 10:47:52 pm »
If I may, the Left doesn't see the world as it is either. They see it as they want it to see it and then try to make it happen.

And they're winning.

@skeeter

I have a minor clarification to make. They INSIST it IS the way they want it to be,regardless of the evidence,the logic,or the sanity. That is how they get away with insisting you are wrong and breaking the law if you don't agree with them. Or at least that is the "tool" they use to try to quieten dissent.

Thou must NOT question the religious beliefs of the left or risk being called a Nazi or slave-monger. Even THEY know that if their plans are open to question that they fall apart.

I will take it even one step further. Even THEY KNOW they must lie to the public in order to get the public to support them. They justify this by claiming they are doing it for your own good. How lucky are we to have such thoughtful masters?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #258 on: March 08, 2019, 11:13:36 pm »

You missed my point entirely. Oh well.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #259 on: March 08, 2019, 11:14:46 pm »
@skeeter

I have a minor clarification to make. They INSIST it IS the way they want it to be,regardless of the evidence,the logic,or the sanity. That is how they get away with insisting you are wrong and breaking the law if you don't agree with them. Or at least that is the "tool" they use to try to quieten dissent.

Thou must NOT question the religious beliefs of the left or risk being called a Nazi or slave-monger. Even THEY know that if their plans are open to question that they fall apart.

I will take it even one step further. Even THEY KNOW they must lie to the public in order to get the public to support them. They justify this by claiming they are doing it for your own good. How lucky are we to have such thoughtful masters?
They are determined. And thats 2/3s of the battle.

We are not.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #260 on: March 08, 2019, 11:40:25 pm »

We are not.

@skeeter

That's because we don't want anyone to think we are being mean to them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #261 on: March 08, 2019, 11:42:40 pm »
I didn't read this entire thread and I'm not going to.

A Fishrrman off-the-wall prediction for the future (probably mid-to-distant):
At some point, those who embrace the Constitutionally-guaranteed right to keep and bear arms are going to have to USE those arms, en masse, to defend that right.

Or else...they're gonna lose it.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #262 on: March 09, 2019, 12:22:01 am »
Here is an offering. I watch different things. I analyze different things. From the New Age movement, the ecomaniacs, the Ufo debate, Black ops. The "asymmetrical warfare": that @Smokin Joe referred to.  The BS artists on any side. I have equal disgust and disrespect for both the Dees and the Rsss.

I admit it. I ain't much in the way this material world judges. And I don't care. @Jazzhead has it in his mind I must be some kind of keyboard warrior who has a fantasy of me standing up to a fed gov gone wrong and going down in a blaze of "glory".

uh huh

yeah no

The next civil war in this country is going to be the most murderous, enpassioned yet dispassionate conflict "our" world has seen.

I have made an attempt with "my" robot thread to point out the dangers of an ever-advancing technology that has no holds barred.

Where to make a stand? Where to make a difference? In my heart and in my head. In my family. In the people around me.

Not here against people who are SO conformed they would rather see litigation than to stand for themselves. They have made their choice. I am here to stand with people to ride the river with. Not people who don't know what a river is. Or where that river is at.

I dare you to watch this video.

Nation's survive and thrive when they're able to communicate clearly and honestly, and they can just as easily fall to pieces when dishonest actors pollute or confuse language as a means of obtaining their ends.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #263 on: March 09, 2019, 12:25:56 am »

At some point, those who embrace the Constitutionally-guaranteed right to keep and bear arms are going to have to USE those arms, en masse, to defend that right.

It's a pretty safe prediction, I fear.

The Founders knew this, that ultimately, the only check on the ambition for power is force. The more insistent the ambition, the greater the force that must be used to deter or stop it.

With the current crop of Communists trying to destroy the Republic, whose spiritual predecessors have set precedent for violence in the streets to achieve their ends and the wholesale slaughter of those who would not comply (some 80+ million in the last century, not counting the Nazis), the choice will be clear: resist, or die anyway.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #264 on: March 09, 2019, 12:33:32 am »

We are not.

What we are is divided.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #265 on: March 09, 2019, 12:38:55 am »
What we are is divided.

And who caused this division?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #266 on: March 09, 2019, 12:39:18 am »

Not here against people who are SO conformed they would rather see litigation than to stand for themselves. They have made their choice. I am here to stand with people to ride the river with. Not people who don't know what a river is. Or where that river is at.

Litigation is peaceful dispute resolution.   So is legislation.   I'd rather fix the problem with the 2A than take up arms to murder my brothers.   Americans who are Democrats are still my neighbors.   

But as you say, your reward is in the next world,  so kill 'em all and let God sort it out.   Enjoy!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #267 on: March 09, 2019, 12:56:30 am »
Litigation is peaceful dispute resolution.   So is legislation.   I'd rather fix the problem with the 2A than take up arms to murder my brothers.   Americans who are Democrats are still my neighbors.   

But as you say, your reward is in the next world,  so kill 'em all and let God sort it out.   Enjoy!

That is stupid thinking as a just reply mirroring your words to me. It isn't meant as an insult to you. I don't think you are stupid. I merely think you have the expectation that someone else HAS to fight your battles for you.

No, my reward is in this world. It is in the satisfaction of having raised two kids who are independent critical thinkers. It is in the "A" honor roll award framed on our wall presented to our third-grade grandson. It is in the HOPE that the S won't hit the fan. But I think it will. And "when" that may unfold, my shit is going to hit the fan.

I'm not looking to kill them all. Just most of them.  :laugh:

If you have never killed anything in your life then STFU. Because I have killed everything in my world worth killing.

My "reward" in the next world is for some little bit of mercy.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #268 on: March 09, 2019, 01:21:19 am »

You sound as though you think we are looking forward to whats coming.

We did not choose this. I would be the happiest guy on earth if they would just get out of my life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #269 on: March 09, 2019, 01:30:06 am »
Litigation is peaceful dispute resolution.

:laughingdog: :mauslaff:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #270 on: March 09, 2019, 01:41:39 am »
@Jazzhead

I would remit the proposition that litigation and legislation has caused, or been the cause, of more murder than outright murder. As it is codified.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #271 on: March 09, 2019, 02:55:51 am »
@Jazzhead

I would remit the proposition that litigation and legislation has caused, or been the cause, of more murder than outright murder. As it is codified.
All it does is raise the power of the legal profession as well as the judicial system, which causes unelected people to exert more control of the lives of people who live in a Constitutional Republic.

I wonder how we survived as a nation prior to this elevation?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #272 on: March 09, 2019, 03:29:07 am »
All it does is raise the power of the legal profession as well as the judicial system, which causes unelected people to exert more control of the lives of people who live in a Constitutional Republic.

I wonder how we survived as a nation prior to this elevation?

Having been witness to a double homicide that killed six things all I can do is say:

At a guess I would give credit to my grandma who was always bitching at us kids to stop eating off the Gravy Train.

As an aside I give a challenge to our esteemed member @Jazzhead

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,350928.0.html

A month-long real world thread with over 7000 page views.  Without the backbiting bitching insulting personal attacks. Yeah. I am a convicted killer. With the will to put forth the education /information to prevent more destruction. Where is his contribution?

@mystery-ak  @Cyber Liberty

I'll kill the robot thread if it is eating too much bandwidth.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #273 on: March 09, 2019, 05:33:59 am »

Yes...needs to be done...now. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #274 on: March 09, 2019, 06:01:41 am »
Red haired cannibals?  NEPHILLUM.  Mixture of fallen angles, who bred with human women.  And Pete's reference sounds like OLD TESTAMENT..or book of enoch, which was removed from Bible and I know nothing about that.  Nephillum, sp?  also have 6 fingers, 6 toes, double row of teeth.  Red hair. They are huge people.  One guy is still alive and weights 800+ pounds, over 7 feet tall. If people google. There is a video of him talking, but no picture. He was in our military, I think, or they just experimented on him.  He is NOT as huge as the original, but still is big. He is not a cannibal. I always wondered why, my old world European mother said, red haired people were from the devil. Now I know.  Has to be old folk lore of Nephillum.  No one liked red hair.  So, my mom-in-law had red hair. She also was a big woman....mmmm.  I wonder?
Just want to finish the it. The best part is at half way point. Red Haired giant. Killed by our soldiers.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 07:02:06 am by LegalAmerican »