Author Topic: House passes bill to require universal background checks on gun sales  (Read 16843 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: House passes bill to require universal background checks on gun sales
« Reply #225 on: March 07, 2019, 11:11:23 pm »
@Jazzhead

God can't protect and secure your rights.   That's the purpose of the Constitution, as amended by the Bill of Rights.   

See. This is a thought pattern. It is where our thinking diverges. I don't serve two masters.

In my way of thinking it WAS God who inspired a group of men to write the Constitution and fight to the death to see it done.

God IS protecting and securing my rights through me.

There isn't any judge, legislature, etc. who can change my mind. Or deny me those rights. They will do so at their own peril.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #226 on: March 07, 2019, 11:34:24 pm »
No. Every woman that I know, of a certain age, would have given themselves to bring that child to life. Every one.

@roamer_1

IF you are not mistaken,and I am certain you are,in that case every woman you know of a certain age is irresponsible and shouldn't be allowed to have more children if she is ready to abandon the ones she is already responsible for
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #227 on: March 07, 2019, 11:39:02 pm »
@Jazzhead

See. This is a thought pattern. It is where our thinking diverges. I don't serve two masters.

In my way of thinking it WAS God who inspired a group of men to write the Constitution and fight to the death to see it done.

There isn't any judge, legislature, etc. who can change my mind. Or deny me those rights. They will do so at their own peril.

.............. :thumbsup:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #228 on: March 07, 2019, 11:42:22 pm »
@roamer_1

IF you are not mistaken,and I am certain you are,in that case every woman you know of a certain age is irresponsible and shouldn't be allowed to have more children if she is ready to abandon the ones she is already responsible for

Ridiculous. Likewise, I would gladly lay down my life to save any one of my children. Without a single thought like that.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #229 on: March 07, 2019, 11:51:37 pm »
@Jazzhead

Please read The Problem with Lawyers and the Constitution

Also posted Here but few were interested at the time.  It's VERY relevant to the discussion on this thread IMHO.

:thumbsup:

Lawyers, like any other profession have 1 over riding purpose.

That purpose is to Get Paid.

Not to act as a moral arbitor and safe guard of anything else. There are bounds to that but Those are what Disbarment and their own criminal prosecutions are for.

And to that end of getting Paid they will argue/fight Any other purpose.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #230 on: March 08, 2019, 12:02:50 am »
No that's not the end of it.   God can't protect and secure your rights.   That's the purpose of the Constitution, as amended by the Bill of Rights.   Problem is, the 2A's plain language limited its application to the citizen militia,  not the "God given" right of individual self-defense.   It took the Heller opinion to confirm that the Constitution secures and protects that individual right.   Yes, it took the decision of a majority of unelected judges.   And a different future majority can take it away.   So that's why I advocate codifying the individual right.   Go ahead and reject my advice - but don't blame me when a future court decides the 2A has nothing to do with your guns.     

EGADS!

God Given Rights are only as real as the firm of Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe decide how many Billable Hours they can squeeze out of redefining them, to mean squat?

According to This piece of Pretzel Logic, Jesus and the Resurrection can, in the future, be redistributed to only Friends of Govt or those who pay a stiff, Federal Regulatory Fee and pass a Holy Fed Govt Board of Sanctimony Inquest.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 04:26:35 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #231 on: March 08, 2019, 12:30:43 am »
Ridiculous. Likewise, I would gladly lay down my life to save any one of my children. Without a single thought like that.

Pete seems to be putting a lot of words in other peoples mouths today.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #232 on: March 08, 2019, 01:07:08 am »
Pete seems to be putting a lot of words in other peoples mouths today.

@Cyber Liberty

No,I am NOT. Are he and others on this thread saying any self-respecting women would abandon their living children who are already born and need them in order to give birth to another child she can then abandon later?

People who hold that position are as far from being moral as it is possible to be. You have been brainwashed by your religious superstitions,and refuse to think.

BTW,Isn't your Christian God supposed to have appeared and ordered the soldiers that defeated an enemy city to "take the children by their heels and base their brains out against the city walls to make sure no more are ever born to offend God"?

Hell,the mythical creature you worship is a fan of murdering infants,so you have no moral high ground to stand on if you believe the Holy Bible.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #233 on: March 08, 2019, 01:29:00 am »
@Jazzhead

Fred, you, sir, get it!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #234 on: March 08, 2019, 01:32:15 am »
@Cyber Liberty

No,I am NOT. Are he and others on this thread saying any self-respecting women would abandon their living children who are already born and need them in order to give birth to another child she can then abandon later?

People who hold that position are as far from being moral as it is possible to be. You have been brainwashed by your religious superstitions,and refuse to think.

BTW,Isn't your Christian God supposed to have appeared and ordered the soldiers that defeated an enemy city to "take the children by their heels and base their brains out against the city walls to make sure no more are ever born to offend God"?

Hell,the mythical creature you worship is a fan of murdering infants,so you have no moral high ground to stand on if you believe the Holy Bible.

Pete. God made that command because the ones he wanted slaughtered weren't fully human beings.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #235 on: March 08, 2019, 01:32:47 am »

Shall I not rescue my son drowning in the river because  I might die and leave three children (or even four) without a father?

That would not even enter into my head. OF COURSE I save my child.  *****rollingeyes*****

Oh bullcrap. Any guy i know would do likewise, Christian or not. And likewise, it is the same for a woman, whether the child is born or not.

Actually no, he did not. Those 'children' were not human. They were literally not human, and the purpose for utter destruction was ALWAYS against hybrid creatures. Read carefully and you will see why some cities were conquered but spared, and others wholly annihilated, to the point of even burning the grain and killing the livestock. Pay attention to the genealogies and where that people came from.

That is the purpose of the flood (all of creation corrupted in it's way (DNA) ).
And that is the purpose of the conquering of the Levant - Again, DNA. That is WHY they offended God.

But then, if you had actually read the thing, you'd know that.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #236 on: March 08, 2019, 01:41:29 am »
Pete. God made that command because the ones he wanted slaughtered weren't fully human beings.

That's right.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #237 on: March 08, 2019, 02:39:15 am »
:thumbsup:

Not to act as a moral arbitor and safe guard of anything else. There are bounds to that but Those are what Disbarment and their own criminal prosecutions are for.

How do the + 1.2mm lawyers in this country affect us?  Bigtime.

To increase our freedoms and our wealth, we need to decrease this number, and significantly.

To quote of the frequent posters here, we need to continue this trend at our peril.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 02:41:16 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #238 on: March 08, 2019, 09:07:10 am »

@bigheadfred

Uh,huh. That's the excuse mass murderers always make. The Nazi's,for one,were fond of making that claim.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #239 on: March 08, 2019, 01:46:15 pm »
@Jazzhead

Fine.   Go get yourself shot.  God'll love you for it.    *****rollingeyes*****
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #240 on: March 08, 2019, 01:51:37 pm »

There are good lawyers and there are bad lawyers.   I seem to have been lumped in with the bad ones for sounding an alarm that gun owners don't want to hear - that the 2A is inadequate to protect their rights and that a legislative fix is imperative before the thin reed of Heller is swept away.   

It's your flippin' problem, not mine.   

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #241 on: March 08, 2019, 02:30:26 pm »
@bigheadfred

Uh,huh. That's the excuse mass murderers always make. The Nazi's,for one,were fond of making that claim.

:hijack:

The Nazi's were merely another group who tried what many others did. Stalin and Mao were better at it than Hitler.

According to the Bible and other documents and also oral traditions, including some from Native Americans, There was a race of giants preflood and after on this planet. According to the Bible and the Book of Enoch they came to earth as "fallen angels' and corrupted the bloodline(s) of humans. In the Bible the Israelites were commanded to wipe out any people who still had those bloodlines.

"According to the Paiutes, the Si-Te-Cah were a red-haired band of cannibalistic giants.[1] The Si-Te-Cah and the Paiutes were at war, and after a long struggle a coalition of tribes trapped the remaining Si-Te-Cah in Lovelock Cave. When they refused to come out, the Indians piled brush before the cave mouth and set it aflame. The Si-Te-Cah were annihilated. " wikipedia

Are you familiar with Gobekli Tepe? Intentionally buried around 12,000 years ago.

The Smithsonian has admitted to destroying and/or hiding any evidence of giants. The SCOTUS has demanded they release any information in 2020.

There are megalithic structures worldwide that cannot be explained as to their construction. Who built them? It sure as hell wasn't simple hunter gatherers or even later cultures who had the use of copper or bronze tools.

Elongated skulls found around the world. King Tut had an elongated skull. Look up the Paracas skulls in Peru. Elongated skulls in Russia, the Ukraine, etc.

There has been a systematic destruction of evidence that points to anything that falls outside of the Darwinian THEORY of evolution. Careers have been ruined.

IMO, the Vatican is one of the worst offenders at hiding anything that would loosen their iron grip and control over people. That includes what books or information that is in the Bible.

IMO, we have been lied to about the true history of people on this planet. History is written by the victors. Those victors have one thing in common. To rule and control. By any means necessary.

FDR knew about the attack on Perl Harbor before it happened. Truman used the atom bomb to wipe out hundreds of thousands of people. What the hell is the difference? Exterminating large groups of people who differ from "us", is the way this world works.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #242 on: March 08, 2019, 02:37:13 pm »
Fine.   Go get yourself shot.  God'll love you for it.    *****rollingeyes*****

What I know is I ain't gonna hide in a hole waiting for some g-damned judge to make my life better when everything is coming apart.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #243 on: March 08, 2019, 02:48:44 pm »
What I know is I ain't gonna hide in a hole waiting for some g-damned judge to make my life better when everything is coming apart.

Nah...cowardly Judges will just send the cops out to do the dirty work.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LegalAmerican

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #245 on: March 08, 2019, 07:48:54 pm »
:hijack:
The Nazi's were merely another group who tried what many others did. Stalin and Mao were better at it than Hitler.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,353854.msg1934170/topicseen.html#new

@bigheadfred

True. Mao and his pals no doubt hold the world record for mass murder,but nobody really cared about how many Chinese were murdered by their own people. Just like nobody really seems to care about the Gypsies,homosexuals,Slavs,and petty criminals executed by the Nazi's. All they care about is the Jews that were murdered. Jews have the best PR departments in the world.

According to the Bible and other documents and also oral traditions, including some from Native Americans, There was a race of giants preflood and after on this planet. According to the Bible and the Book of Enoch they came to earth as "fallen angels' and corrupted the bloodline(s) of humans. In the Bible the Israelites were commanded to wipe out any people who still had those bloodlines.

"According to the Paiutes, the Si-Te-Cah were a red-haired band of cannibalistic giants.[1] The Si-Te-Cah and the Paiutes were at war, and after a long struggle a coalition of tribes trapped the remaining Si-Te-Cah in Lovelock Cave. When they refused to come out, the Indians piled brush before the cave mouth and set it aflame. The Si-Te-Cah were annihilated. " wikipedia

Are you familiar with Gobekli Tepe? Intentionally buried around 12,000 years ago.

Nope. Never heard of them,OR the red-headed giants the Indians killed.

The Smithsonian has admitted to destroying and/or hiding any evidence of giants. The SCOTUS has demanded they release any information in 2020.

There are megalithic structures worldwide that cannot be explained as to their construction. Who built them? It sure as hell wasn't simple hunter gatherers or even later cultures who had the use of copper or bronze tools.

Elongated skulls found around the world. King Tut had an elongated skull. Look up the Paracas skulls in Peru. Elongated skulls in Russia, the Ukraine, etc.

There has been a systematic destruction of evidence that points to anything that falls outside of the Darwinian THEORY of evolution. Careers have been ruined.

IMO, the Vatican is one of the worst offenders at hiding anything that would loosen their iron grip and control over people. That includes what books or information that is in the Bible.

IMO, we have been lied to about the true history of people on this planet. History is written by the victors. Those victors have one thing in common. To rule and control. By any means necessary.

FDR knew about the attack on Perl Harbor before it happened. Truman used the atom bomb to wipe out hundreds of thousands of people. What the hell is the difference? Exterminating large groups of people who differ from "us", is the way this world works.

I want to argue with you about the rest of it,but don't know enough about it to argue at this point,and am too tired to look it up.

Hope this doesn't get me banned from the internet.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #246 on: March 08, 2019, 07:57:19 pm »
There are good lawyers and there are bad lawyers.   I seem to have been lumped in with the bad ones for sounding an alarm that gun owners don't want to hear - that the 2A is inadequate to protect their rights and that a legislative fix is imperative before the thin reed of Heller is swept away.   

It's your flippin' problem, not mine.   

I did not accuse you of being a bad lawyer, merely pointed out that in Lawerying, like any other trade, IF you're gonna be a success, The Customer Is Always Right.

So it looks like it's You who have the flippin' problem here.

I am in no way unaware that Case Law and Precedent and anything else can be overturned, twisted, etc.

And that had we a Judiciary which simply ruled in Constitutional matters from an Originalist POV this conversation would be moot.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 07:58:38 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #247 on: March 08, 2019, 08:05:59 pm »
@sneakypete

Just pointing out some things that I have researched. Topics that will probably get me banned from the internet. Have a good Friday. I've got some errands to see to. FWIW, I don't consider the Holy Bible as all that Holy. And I'm not turning this into any debate.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #248 on: March 08, 2019, 08:18:41 pm »
I did not accuse you of being a bad lawyer, merely pointed out that in Lawerying, like any other trade, IF you're gonna be a success, The Customer Is Always Right.

So it looks like it's You who have the flippin' problem here.

I am in no way unaware that Case Law and Precedent and anything else can be overturned, twisted, etc.

And that had we a Judiciary which simply ruled in Constitutional matters from an Originalist POV this conversation would be moot.

You seek the world as you wish it to be, not as it is.   For a taste of the latter, read the dissenting opinions in Heller and know just how fragile the individual RKBA really is.   

Offline skeeter

« Reply #249 on: March 08, 2019, 08:21:40 pm »
You seek the world as you wish it to be, not as it is.   For a taste of the latter, read the dissenting opinions in Heller and know just how fragile the individual RKBA really is.

If I may, the Left doesn't see the world as it is either. They see it as they want it to see it and then try to make it happen.

And they're winning.