Author Topic: 81 year old man assaulted for wearing a MAGA hat  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
81 year old man assaulted for wearing a MAGA hat
« on: February 27, 2019, 04:00:33 pm »
Two Articles. Basically the man was shopping at a food store in Somerset County wearing a MAGA hat and was assaulted. Somerset County when I was growing up was heavy Republican, it had Millicent Fenwick as our congresswoman for years. It’s not so much anymore. It’s also one of the more wealthier counties with some very rich people who have lived there, for example Doris Duke

https://www.redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2019/02/26/magaphobia-update-nj-senior-citizen-confronted-assaulted-wearing-maga-hat/

http://nj1015.com/nj-man-81-attacked-in-store-over-make-america-great-again-hat/
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 04:03:01 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: 81 year old man assaulted for wearing a MAGA hat
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 04:04:07 pm »
My take is even if you don’t agree with the man for wearing the hat, do you have to hurt an octogenarian?

What ever happened to respect your elders?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 04:06:58 pm »
My take is even if you don’t agree with the man for wearing the hat, do you have to hurt an octogenarian?

But a string tied around a gay black man's neck gives the entire nation the vapors.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 04:18:10 pm »

The cap posed a dangerous threat (fighting words) and the assaulter was defending themselves.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 05:36:36 pm »

Whatever happened to respect in general?  Seems to me people of all stripes are becoming nasty these days. 

Offline verga

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 05:52:55 pm »

How about simple "live and Let Live"?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 06:02:32 pm »
Whatever happened to respect in general?  Seems to me people of all stripes are becoming nasty these days.

Sorry, I know the media wants people to think Trump supporters are capable of this,  but I think it's BS,  just like with Jussie.  They have to invent these stories because it simply does not happen.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 06:09:27 pm »
Sorry, I know the media wants people to think Trump supporters are capable of this,  but I think it's BS,  just like with Jussie.  They have to invent these stories because it simply does not happen.

I personally was threatened on Facebook by a Trump supporter.  Don't tell me Trump supporters are all innocent and harmless.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 06:17:05 pm »
I personally was threatened on Facebook by a Trump supporter.  Don't tell me Trump supporters are all innocent and harmless.

Nice straw man. Why so defensive?

The left has made it plain they consider the red hat the equal of fighting words. There are videotaped incidents all over the country involving assault and red hats. There is no equivalent phenomena among Trump supporters.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 06:24:15 pm »
But a string tied around a gay black man's neck gives the entire nation the vapors.

AMEN!

My point about Hate Crimes exactly.

Hate is an Emotion, not a crime.

Adding Enhancement penalties for having an Emotion while committing another crime is the Judicial System and Rule of Law BOTH taking leave of their senses.

We're Already over the edge, locking up people for committing Thought, Mood, and Emotion Crimes as mentally ill, because they Might do something truly illegal!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 06:24:56 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 06:51:33 pm »

I agree, having known more than a few rabid lefty elderly nutjobs. I certainly didn't assault them for their political beliefs. It doesn't cost anything to be courteous, even to idiots.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2019, 06:54:55 pm »
Nice straw man. Why so defensive?

The left has made it plain they consider the red hat the equal of fighting words. There are videotaped incidents all over the country involving assault and red hats. There is no equivalent phenomena among Trump supporters.

Not defensive at all.  Just saying that there are violent people on every side. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2019, 09:53:57 pm »

OK. It sounded like you were claiming some sort of equivalence between sides. You and I both know that would be a ridiculous assertion - the left is far and away more violent and becoming more so by the day.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 09:54:38 pm by skeeter »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2019, 09:58:22 pm »
Wish I was reading the part where the 81 year-old double taps the assailant...while eating a Royale with cheese.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline verga

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2019, 10:17:02 pm »
Wish I was reading the part where the 81 year-old double taps the assailant...while eating a Royale with cheese.
I wanted to say something in a similar vein, but thought I might get scolded for it. Thank you for stepping up.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2019, 10:18:22 pm »
I wanted to say something in a similar vein, but thought I might get scolded for it. Thank you for stepping up.

LOL!   You can count on me, @verga  !!      happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline verga

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2019, 10:20:15 pm »
CAn you cite me examples of those of us on the right attacking Obama supporters wearing his apparel or anyone attacking a Hillary supporter wearing an "I'm with her" shirt or hat. Because frankly I don't recall any and I am pretty sure the media would have been blasting that from the rooftops. 

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2019, 10:23:04 pm »

I mean real physical attacks, not "Internet Tough Guy" schtick.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2019, 11:38:42 pm »
Traditional-minded Americans should be expected to take only so much.
Sooner or later, this is going to come to blows on a far larger scale.

It's clear what the leftist/democrat-communists wish for us:
Submission -- as clearly as islam wants the same from The West.

Who, reading this post, believes that a "reconciliation" is possible with the left?
How would you propose that be accomplished?

I sense that it's more like "1857 all over again" ...

Online LMAO

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2019, 12:06:42 am »
CAn you cite me examples of those of us on the right attacking Obama supporters wearing his apparel or anyone attacking a Hillary supporter wearing an "I'm with her" shirt or hat. Because frankly I don't recall any and I am pretty sure the media would have been blasting that from the rooftops.

@verga

During the peak of the Smollett saga, I asked my wife and others if they recall anybody on the right beating themselves up or vandalizing buildings and claimed they were attacked or it was done by Obama supporters? I can’t think of any. Or maybe a couple happened and I miss them?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy